Sign in to follow this  
King Pitcos

New wrestling figures!

10 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Lucha Konnan with Wolfpac gang signs is cool.

Must say some of those Figures Toy Company ones are fucking frighteningly poor.

The Konnan is one of my favourite designs in a while. The Figures Toy Company ones are very random. Some don’t do it for me at all, some scans are really good. We had the team on the pod show a while back and they explained the whole reason why they use the molds that JAKKS used for their RA line. 
I think they should seriously think about following the trend though. As discussed on here yesterday, kids & collectors want the mattel style line. High articulation, in scale and so they can play or display with the mattel line. Boss Fight have done it, Super 7 have too and in the past 24 hours, I’m starting to believe that AEW have followed suit after all. 

This 2 pack is circulating. Chyna comes with the spinner title.

33C5E67D-0AAF-40EB-9919-1F30A0F2F9FE.thumb.jpeg.22acdf7adfa06e2865e282d157d3060a.jpeg

Mattel have just announced it’s not the final version of the pack and it’s purely for display purposes at the expo. They’ve asked people to stop sharing it on social media.

Why the fuck would you put the wrong product in a box to display at an expo, when there’s plenty of the correct product to hand? Odd.

Either way, class looking 2 pack.

I think Chyna winning the spinner belt in 2008/09 is as realistic as Triple H winning that WWF title during the era this is supposed to be.

They need to up Triple H's robe game as well. This is what its supposed to look like.

source.gif

Agreed, they’ve now said it isn’t the finished product and just a prototype that was at a private showing. But someone photographed it and uploaded. Don’t know what they expected really. 
This could be a really canny set if they sort out the details.

The reveals at Toy Fair have been pretty awful. I wonder how much longer is on the contract with Mattel

On 2/20/2020 at 10:02 AM, Hannibal Scorch said:

Wicked Cool Toys launched an advert for the AEW Toyline during Dynamite

AEW_Ring-Group-Shot_0996-black.jpg

What makes me laugh at this is you always hear 80's wrestlers talk about the WWF "dolls" but other than the royalty cheque they couldn't give less of a shit.

But with these lads, especially those who never had a WWE one released, you just know they have a massive collection of figures at home and are pretty chuffed.

Edited by garynysmon

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Is that the Franchise variant?

Far too skinny

I don't know anything about figures but this guy on Reddit keeps posting to the obscure /r/WrestlingMemorabilia with moulds and one-offs. Probably of interest to some of you on here.

https://www.reddit.com/user/daboss929

Here's Scott Steiner as an example of a line cancelled when WWE bought WCW:

ubvnwzvyd9m41.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=

There's been a few updates to this. It's still only at the fans suggestion stage. The renders do look pretty fantastic.

Fiend and Vis are outstanding. Presume that's supposed to by Miss Elizabeth?

Close to death Warrior figure is a bit tasteless? Not as tasteless as naming a humanitarian award after him, like.