Sign in to follow this  
King Pitcos

New wrestling figures!

4 hours ago, HobowithaShotgun said:

Doing a clear out soon of my old figures, have quite a few of the original ECW San Francisco toys line as well as the WCW figures by Toybiz I think. All in "played with" condition. Are these worth much these days at all? Moving country so hoping to shift fairly quick all the same.

Send me images via DM, I’ll happily give you some prices. I have quite a lot of toybiz figs and have all of the ECW set, everything purely depends on who you have and condition.

Just a random update. I posted on here about the daft little Hasbro custom tournament I set up on twitter. I sent 8 knackered and smashed up Hasbro figures to 8 customisers from several countries. 
The Ultimate Warrior custom won the prize pot and the figures have been auctioned off.

I’m really happy to say that we managed to raise a total of £357 for charity. Pretty chuffed with that.

https://mobile.twitter.com/grapplearcade/status/1212468255664640000 

Did these figures come out prior to the Hasbro figures? They seem to have a similar look.  That Dingo Warrior is very nice. 

2 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Did these figures come out prior to the Hasbro figures? They seem to have a similar look.  That Dingo Warrior is very nice. 

Yes, LJN figures came before Hasbro. They don’t really look similar. They’re twice the size of a Hasbro figure, and they’re just a big solid lump, no moving parts.

16 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

just a big solid lump, no moving parts.

20 minutes ago, BigJag said:
That Dingo Warrior is very nice. 

Not a bad toy either.

3 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

1989 and they are still trying to shove Outback Jack down the consumers throat.

TBF by 89, LJN had ceased making them and the last series was exclusively sold in Canada which is why it says Grand Toys rather then LJN.

My mate picked this up and sent me this photo. It’s arguably the best toy I’ve ever seen. On top of the obvious packaging joy, that’s a remco Andre the Giant head. It ticks all of the boxes.31A53AA2-FBA4-4EF0-802B-93729656F913.thumb.jpeg.629a11e90dd7545ab997f288f38105fb.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

The head scans are good, the bodies and scale look horrendous.

Compared to what? They look like a cross between Mattel Elites and Ultimates. A scale ring suggests they will be in scale with those too

From the images that have shared so far, the Jacksons are the same size/scale as everyone else. There’s no size differentiation. Again though, that’s purely based on the images that they released. If they knock out some images of figures side by side and it shows a difference in scale, then fair play, I’ll absolutely retract my point, but as it stands they all look the same size and Jericho looks like a youngster.

They're childrens toys, the company behind them doesn't seem the type to be making super detailed exactly scaled figures. But yeah there's that choice with who do you market these at, kids or collectors.

Edited by Merzbow

5 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

They're childrens toys, the company behind them doesn't seem the type to be making super detailed exactly scaled figures. But yeah there's that choice with who do you market these at, kids or collectors.

They aren’t just children’s toys though are they, that’s like saying all video games are ‘kids games’. Their audience is full of adult fans for a start, all buying merch and collectibles. Those figures are aimed at everyone, from kids to adult collectors, much like mattel are with their limited edition 80’s characters. Little Barry wants another Reigns, fair enough, but Dad Garry wants that limited Harley Race. 

I suppose when you have WWE/mattel producing figures with accurate individual scale/size, that sets a standard. Then you have smaller companies like the Super 7 team and the Legends of Lucha Libre guys following suit. They’re making sure they make their figures to the industry leaders scale, so that kids and collectors can collect/play with those figures & mix them perfectly with the other brands, it becomes expected that AEW will also do the same.

I really hope they have, and as I say, if they release further details about the specifics of scale and they are in fact in scale/size with other lines (including accurate scale of their roster) then fair play to them. I’ll 100% change my opinion, but I’m basing my view on what they’ve released so far, and as it stands the figures appear to be the same height as each other without any differentiation.