New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I saw them earlier in the week. Was appalled that they gave Goldberg the shittest mould (joint shittest with the Rick Ride headlock). Guess it's supposed to be a spear. He looks more like Gillberg though.

image.thumb.png.e4d8a05140bdcb1fab9405fe27612a30.png

Nailed it. Some of the new moulds are pretty good. I think Kane & Angle are really decent in the scheme of things. There’s been far too many of these drop kick dick heads though. Sting looks shite too. Can’t stand the drop kickers. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

I saw them earlier in the week. Was appalled that they gave Goldberg the shittest mould (joint shittest with the Rick Ride headlock). Guess it's supposed to be a spear. He looks more like Gillberg though.

Bearhug Hogan is the worst. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how widely reaching they are but I always pop into The Entertainer toy store in Woking. They tend to have the hasbro classic style figures around £5 but also a lot of the legend and special ranges reduced as well.

They have around 140 stores but always seem to be shut on Sundays (owners proper old fashioned about it)

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SpiderJason said:

I don't know how widely reaching they are but I always pop into The Entertainer toy store in Woking. They tend to have the hasbro classic style figures around £5 but also a lot of the legend and special ranges reduced as well.

They have around 140 stores but always seem to be shut on Sundays (owners proper old fashioned about it)

That retro line can be found on the cheap in most home bargains stores too. Exclusively series 3 from what I’ve seen.

• Paid Members

whats the story behind this old WCW Big Josh figure then? ive been told its pretty hard to find. On ebay theres a few on sale for ÂŁ100+. Theres one which has the pick axe accessory listed at ÂŁ300.

Im 99% certain ive still got mine (minus the pick axe), all my old figures are buried deep in the attic, i think im gonna have to dig them out then.

Are any others worth any significant amount of money?

• Paid Members

Big Josh is one of the rarer WCW Galoobs, and is especially hard to find complete with the axe handle, so if you had that you'd likely get a decent amount for him on eBay. Lots of sellers really take the piss with their prices on there, so while you'll see prices listed at £100 and up, you'll rarely see them selling. Check the sold listings for a decent idea of what figures actually go for. 

Dustin Rhodes is another WCW Galoob that goes for decent money, that's a great looking figure. Luger and Sting in their entrance attires are also highly coveted. 

Big Josh and Dustin were UK exclusive Galoobs if I'm correct. The blue trunk Barry Windham and Flyin Brian Blue tiger print trunk are rare too apparently as are the entrance attire figures. There are also other Galoob figures that are UK releases (Flair red trunks with the lightning bolt one for example).

The axe accessory is what pushes the price up of the Josh figure up I believe. The condition of the figure too plays a part. But say you had a mint on card (MOC) Big Josh a lot of collectors would pay big money for that I think. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

LJN style figures are on the market now.

50687434_2103200216438143_2703923539027945296_n.thumb.jpg.17d1d87140c8c3a4c55cd869a49a888b.jpg

Seeing these face one, following the discussion had here:

It looks more like these are a 1 off for the Young Bucks rather than it being associated with AEW in terms of a brand line.

So they’ve gone down the bend’ems route. Interesting choice. Personally, I hate the style of figure, but I’m very intrigued by the partnership.