New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Iā€™m no figure expert/historian - Iā€™ve never even taken a photo of a Hasbro holding a fork.

But those Doink/Lex figures are just repaints of the mass-produced figures, arenā€™t they? So ever if they WERE repainted by someone who worked for Hasbro as a ā€˜prototypeā€™, itā€™s still just the normal figure someone took a paintbrush to, surely?

Spending shitloads on aĀ prototype of a figure that never came out ofĀ Diesel/Lawler/Mantaur I could understand, but this seems insane...

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Statto said:

Iā€™m no figure expert/historian - Iā€™ve never even taken a photo of a Hasbro holding a fork.

But those Doink/Lex figures are just repaints of the mass-produced figures, arenā€™t they? So ever if they WERE repainted by someone who worked for Hasbro as a ā€˜prototypeā€™, itā€™s still just the normal figure someone took a paintbrush to, surely?

Spending shitloads on aĀ prototype of a figure that never came out ofĀ Diesel/Lawler/Mantaur I could understand, but this seems insane...

The argument is that at least in Doinks case itā€™s a repaint and a mock- up that Hasbro used to show WWF ā€œhey this is the idea for a new doinkā€.

This doink is apparently part resin and part plastic, much like other apparent ā€˜legitā€™ prototypes. Even his Brutus has still be brought in to question as itā€™s apparently not 100% the same as the officially graded AFA proto figure. Zack now claims that not all protos can be identical due to being hand painted, which I fully understand, but then how do you go around proving itā€™s legit then? In my opinion, with a watertight back story of who owned it and when, back to a Hasbro employee. Thatā€™s the only way as far as Iā€™m concerned, or you can simply believe. Fair enough.

Now I donā€™t argue theĀ fact that this ā€˜couldā€™ be a real piece. My argument (which some of his followers donā€™t seem to grasp)Ā is that I, and other customisersĀ can make a part resin and part plastic custom Hasbro figure.Ā I too can say ā€œdonā€™t ask for documentation so donā€™t ask for any, but I got it from an old Hasbro dudeā€. Thatā€™s what the seller did. No back story at all, nothing to prove itā€™s legit.

Thatā€™s what they donā€™t seem to understand. But saying that, Zack can seemingly convince himself itā€™s real, do a show about it, get lots of views, convince his followers itā€™s real... then itā€™s real I guess, regardless of an authentic timeline of where itā€™s come from.

He might have some unquestionable proof itā€™s real that he will apparently share on his show. I hope more than anyone that he is able to shut me up. Iā€™d personally like to believe itā€™s a real piece.

For anyone interested, BBC Fake Britain did a piece on theĀ Star Wars figure scam.Ā 

Imagine something similar about bloody hasbros.Ā 

Ā 

• Paid Members

Just for the craic and then Iā€™ll fuck off. This is a legit graded R&B Greg Valentine.

E0C01083-E076-4BEF-8575-FBB07ED7BF36.jpeg.cc457953100fc36d7b7e5542dbfb7194.jpeg

This is a custom, bear in mind thatā€™s an original sculpted jacket. So the maker has used very limited images to recreate the jacket.Ā Customisers are very good.

6BB0F449-9CA2-40E5-AEE8-C9F55834769A.jpeg.7af4aa57909e408a0400575700fdf22d.jpeg

People might ask why? Because people are willing to spend thousands when wrestlers tell them itā€™s real and thereā€™s a chance to connect with said wrestler.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

@Kaz Hayashi How much does a in box Ludvig Borga go for these days? I ask because someone offered the bloke who ran the toy stall in Job Lot in Sunderland 50 quid for Ludvig back in 1995 when he was on display (not for sale.) And when the stall moved into its own shop in the town centre, "The Finnish Hellraiser" was came along with them and remained there until about 2012. I always wondered if he done the right thing holding onto him for so long or if he missed the peak price of Tony Halme's 4 incher.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

@Kaz Hayashi How much does a in box Ludvig Borga go for these days?Ā 

Until a year ago, fucking loads, but the green cards have come down in price. An Asian seller has randomlyĀ had access to aĀ big batch of green cards due to knowing someone who worked for Hasbro blah blah, flooded the market with them and brought the price down a bit.Ā 

Saying that mint on card still fetch a few quid. Ā£140 - Ā£150 as a general rule of thumb based on eBay and private sales. Loose Iā€™d say Ā£60 is about average at present. They go for more in mainland Europe for some reason. Been selling for around Ā£90 in Germany.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

ive been trying to a buy a standard Kane figure for about a year now for my missus' kid, preferably with a mask but iĀ can never find one anywhere (except for the hasbro style ones), anyone point me in the right direction? i dont wanna pay over the odds forĀ for it because the kid literally just wants to play with itĀ šŸ˜„

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, The Reverend said:

If you've got a Home Bargains store near you, might be worth checking out. Always lots of figures at, well, bargain prices.

In mine today was the last series (released in the UK that is) of the mattel hasbro retro line at Ā£3.99 each.

That the AJ/Ambrose/Rollins/Goldberg series? Seen them in my local HB last week, was a bit gutted seeing them as if I'd known they were coming in, I would have got a couple for my nephew for Christmas, not sure if it's in every store (and they may have sold out anyway) but they recently had the WWE Funko minis in for a quid each as well

15 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

That the AJ/Ambrose/Rollins/Goldberg series? Seen them in my local HB last week, was a bit gutted seeing them as if I'd known they were coming in, I would have got a couple for my nephew for Christmas, not sure if it's in every store (and they may have sold out anyway) but they recently had the WWE Funko minis in for a quid each as well

Yep - that's the one. My store only had 1 of each in though from what I could see though.