New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

It's going to be exactly the same size as the TNA Matt Morgan and Kevin Nash figures, that is. But smaller than the Samoa Joe and Mick Foley ones, who were giants for some reason. I think it was because Jakks only had the one fat body and it was Big Show's.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Surprised they haven't released the wrestling buddies sooner. They were WWF's hot sellers back in the early 90s. They were legendary for how many people had one. I've still got my Hulk Hogan (bought from Poundstretcher) knocking about somewhere. And in the late 90s, WCW did well with them as well. The Goldberg, Hollywood Hogan, Sting and Diamond Dallas Page ones were always knocking about.

They were fantastic. Every generation should have one. They are nostalgic and good for new fans. The perfect combo.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

Totally agree on the wrestling buddies have Ultimate Warrior and Hollywood Hogan, gave my Hulk Hogan to my nephew he was a bit scared of it at first, he was only one(get them early) but loves it now. Also when he was about 1 put a giant talking Hulkster figure in the bath with him but he wouldn't stop crying until I took it out of the room.(Ithink it's the snarl on the face). But today he was pulling the cord while it told him to train, says his prayers and eat his vitamins. I am proud to say at 2 years old he could identify Hogan a mile away.

WWF kind of released a kind of new version in 98ish of the wrestling buddies. I had a stone cold steve austin 'basham' style doll. They had plastic hands and head with plastic boots with bone crunching action. I just gave mine to my son. He has no idea who Stone cold is. But he liked it better than the Hogan one i gave him :laugh:

Edited by SCARFACE

I had a Hogan buddy and Sid one from his WCW horseman run, he was in a red singlet but all my mates thought he was Mr Perfect. They had a point actually (other than the fact that Perfect never wore red and those boots are all wrong...the fucking idiots).

sidvicious.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

Only just heard about this story. Its pretty crazy. This popped up on ebay recently:

WWF%20Hasbro%20Tag%20Teams%20Rockers%20Rythm%20and%20Blues%20Greg%20Hammer%20Valentine%201991%20Action%20Figures%20(4).JPG

Its Shinya Hashimoto. Not really. Its old Greg Valentine. Dressed as Rhythm and Blues Greg. This so sought after people just assumed it never existed anymore. But its been graded and is legit.

Here's the ebay description:

I have in my possession the holy grail of wwf figures Greg "the Hammer" valentine rhythm and blues prototype. one of a kind. only one in existenc, There was 2 made but the other one was different. I received it from my grandfather 23 years ago he was a wood pattern maker for hasbro. If you wanna do some research his name was Norman Macneil he retired from the Hasbro on Newport ave, in Pawtucket, Rhode Island.

I have had it sitting in a box all this time and didn't know what I had until yesterday, I have been offered a couple thousand dollars already, but as i"m not a collector so i"d rather see it go to somebody who appreciate it. it is a prototype it seems to be painted with flat colors and the figure moves pretty loosly, it was not ment as a toy. for advertisement. it also says greg in raised cursive letters on the right side of his trunks. if you have any other questions that i did not cover contact me personaly at XXX-XXX-XXXX. Greg valentine himself was looking for this figure but I dont know how to contact him.

The best line is in bold. Valentine cant even afford to buy a new pair of tights. How is he meant to afford this thing. It apparently went for $12,500 to a private bidder. Madness. I'm thinking Pitcos threw himself down the stairs of Morissons, broke his leg, sued, got the money and brought Greg home. Its explains everything.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay