New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

7 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

You know that wonderfuly "Toys that Made Us" series on Netflix? They announced as the San Diego Comic Con that they'll be doing a wrestling episode on the next season. Cant wait for that.

Oh that's tremendous news. I remember thinking it would be awesome if they did one but didn't know if it was too niche or not. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

You know that wonderfuly "Toys that Made Us" series on Netflix? They announced as the San Diego Comic Con that they'll be doing a wrestling episode on the next season. Cant wait for that.

Mint.

Really interested in how they will approach this, whether they’ll go through every line, or stick with their age range figures (hasbros) for example. There’s so much to cover. 

Can’t wait 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Mint.

Really interested in how they will approach this, whether they’ll go through every line, or stick with their age range figures (hasbros) for example. There’s so much to cover. 

Can’t wait 

I hope they focus on Hasbro more then LJN or Jakks. Hasbro was when it had exploded globally. Before that it was mainly just the US that was being focused on (hardly saw any LJN in the UK during the mid to late 80's).

Also announced TMNT and Power Rangers which should also be great

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I can't ell you how happy this news has made me! 

Dunno if it's been mentioned on this thread before as don't come on much but just seeing about the Netflix thing, the series Toy Hunter has various Wrestling related bits and bobs on it, it's one of these Discovery channel type programs I watch when I can't sleep at like 3am, I remember him going to see Hogan and buying one of the early figures from him. The Netflix series made me think of it for anyone that's not seen it give it a Youtube search.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Dunno if it's been mentioned on this thread before as don't come on much but just seeing about the Netflix thing, the series Toy Hunter has various Wrestling related bits and bobs on it, it's one of these Discovery channel type programs I watch when I can't sleep at like 3am, I remember him going to see Hogan and buying one of the early figures from him. The Netflix series made me think of it for anyone that's not seen it give it a Youtube search.

It was discussed a while ago and while it’s always fun to see wrestling figures on tv shows, those faux reality hunter/storage type shows are pure shite and horribly scripted (a bit like some wrestling then)... however, my favourite ever figures on tv show was an old episode of bargain hunt/car booty whatever the fuck it was, in which Dickinson or whoever did a 3-4 min chat with a particular trader, the trader in question was about 16 and he basically travelled around the country buying wrestlers from boot sales and then sold them online for much more to collectors.

This must have been in 2000/2001 and was bloody eye opening at the time.

It’s pretty rare to find hasbros in the wild these days, and even when you do they are completely butchered... but occasionally you find a score.

This was at a games convention I was co-hosting last week. A box of figures, half being hasbros, 3 for a tenner.

5A0EF969-50CE-4EFD-A821-1DB642C8F8AB.jpeg

1 hour ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

It was discussed a while ago and while it’s always fun to see wrestling figures on tv shows, those faux reality hunter/storage type shows are pure shite and horribly scripted (a bit like some wrestling then)... however, my favourite ever figures on tv show was an old episode of bargain hunt/car booty whatever the fuck it was, in which Dickinson or whoever did a 3-4 min chat with a particular trader, the trader in question was about 16 and he basically travelled around the country buying wrestlers from boot sales and then sold them online for much more to collectors.

This must have been in 2000/2001 and was bloody eye opening at the time.

It’s pretty rare to find hasbros in the wild these days, and even when you do they are completely butchered... but occasionally you find a score.

This was at a games convention I was co-hosting last week. A box of figures, half being hasbros, 3 for a tenner.

5A0EF969-50CE-4EFD-A821-1DB642C8F8AB.jpeg

Toy Hunter was more the guy and his mate searching out the really rare toys, think one time he found a prototype Transformers one and selling them on via his shop/at conventions.

The one with Hogan in was one of the Black Eyed Peas searching out rare figures and the guy bought a rare LJN from HH. There's one with Gene Simmons too when he gets him to find rare Kiss toys and merch. 

As for Hasbros, yea you get people either put high price tags because "they're worth a lot of eBay/ they're collectibles etc" on them or customisers buy them so they can make other wrestlers from the parts. Plus if you do find them it's usually one of the Bushwhackers or Legion of Doom. Galoobs are a bit more common since I don't know if the collectors market is the same. Found El Gigante a few years back but he had a painted beard on him though!

I've spotted the odd Hasbro now and then, but yeah. They're quite hard to see in person. It is tricky as they're quite hard to come across in decent nick for some of them. I got a buddy who found the Legion Of Doom Hasbros in a charity shop he tends to get some great finds in for 50p each. He's mainly a collector of rare wrestling DVDs. We met up recently as we're in different towns, so we don't to see each other often and we found the collectors edition of WrestleMania XX with all the bits still in it. Limited edition of 6,000. He got it there and then. 

WhatCulture Wrestling did a video of rarest figures as well that fetch a pretty penny. Interesting watch.

59 minutes ago, thicko said:

How much did your mate pay for the WrestleMania XX limited edition box, if you don’t mind me asking? I have that. 

It was about £20 odd in CEX. He saw it in the window so he went up and asked about it. Always good when they're fully complete. I was as staggered as he was.

• Awards Moderator

Lovely picture on Reddit, with a fun "can you name them?" game. Spoilered answers.

T-A8uCV9SqdNxT2Bs_RAVx4uXpaQ0Z6KPBVOiYql7bo.jpg?w=1024&s=d7d674b7ffb058df62866368a8373355

Nikolai Volkoff, Bob Orton Jr, Corporal Kirchner, Jesse Ventura, JYD, Paul Orndorff, Don Muraco, Roddy Piper, Randy Savage, Elizabeth, Greg Valentine, Iron Sheik, George The Animal Steele, Ted Arcidi, Davey Boy Smith, Hulk Hogan, Hillbilly Jim, Jimmy Snuka, King Kong Bundy, Jimmy Hart, Fred Blassie, Gene Okerlund, Jake Roberts, Brutus Beefcake, SD Jones, B Brian Blair, Mr. Fuji, SD Jones again, Bruno Sammartino, Andre The Giant, Hercules Hernandez, Johnny Valiant, Lou Albano, Battle Damaged Brutus Beefcake, Dynamite Kid, Terry Funk, Bobby Heenan, Big John Studd, Ricky Steamboat, Tito Santana, generic referee.