New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

Fuck yes! Look at Bundy! I might get that to put on my shelf here. I love him.

IMG_7568.JPG

Shame its 1995 Bundy. Prime KKB had no eyebrows.

Love the Arn Anderson figure, however bit rubbish he only comes with one World Tag Team Title!

IMG_9124__scaled_600.jpg

this guy (Triple H) is surely a must have! Also a modern day Bret Hart wearing his hero John Cena's Jorts, nah. The Legends DDP also looks great.

There are no Classic Superstars now, that was a Jakks thing. Mattel has the Legends line, which bombed in shops and is now online-only (the Arn Anderson and Bundy figures are from that). Bossman is part of the standard Elite Collection line which is a big seller in shops. Since the Legends line went to shit, they've started including one or two Flashbacks per Elite series -- these are either superstars from the past, or current wrestlers in old looks. Flashbacks so far have been Papa Shango, debut Kane and Brood Edge. The current series Flashbacks are King Booker and Bossman, and the next series has Yokozuna.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

I never got why they had a "Classic Series" in shops anyway. Surely its a pretty niche thing to collect the likes of George Steele and Hacksaw Duggan? When I used to work in a toy shop a few years ago the kids were after Cena, Mystero, Jeff Hardy, The Undertaker and those types. I think Bob Orton Jr is still on the shelf now. When I was a kid I cant imagine me ever wanting a Ivan Putski or someone from before I was born. The audience that are after the legends figures would surely buy them online anyway wouldnt they?

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

There are no Classic Superstars now, that was a Jakks thing. Mattel has the Legends line, which bombed in shops and is now online-only (the Arn Anderson and Bundy figures are from that). Bossman is part of the standard Elite Collection line which is a big seller in shops. Since the Legends line went to shit, they've started including one or two Flashbacks per Elite series -- these are either superstars from the past, or current wrestlers in old looks. Flashbacks so far have been Papa Shango, debut Kane and Brood Edge. The current series Flashbacks are King Booker and Bossman, and the next series has Yokozuna.

yeah, I use "classics" as a genral term for retro/re-release figures (comes from collecting transformers. But thanks for thre info. I'll deffo get that bossman now

I think there was a bigger nostalgia market for it at the time, pre-recession and all that. And the figures probably cost Jakks fuck all to make, because it was just putting a new head on one of the same three bodies and adding a baking tray to it as a weapon. It baffles me as well though, the idea of Johnny Rodz figures being in Toys R Us. I think the ones over here stopped ordering them about halfway through anyway, I remember seeing Sid at the one in Solihull for about two years. After that it was just bargain stores and Forbidden Planet, I think. I bought Rock and Shane McMahon Classic figures from B&M for

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else know of anywhere in Central London that stocks the Mattel line aside from Forbidden Planet? Planet's stock of Elite figures seem to dissapear the day they hit the shelf and they barely ever restock until the next series release.

• Paid Members
Hamleys. And Smyths and Toys R Us, if either of those have branches in Central London. But it's the same story, you've got a very narrow window to get hold of new Elites because they all tend not to restock.

That because they issue very few to keep them rare? Can't be a strategic decision to not restock a line that sells out that quickly.