New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

The reason the Legends figures have failed imho is because the places who would actually sell em to collectors have been having a hell of a time getting ahold of them from day one with Mattel. They just aren't geared up to cater to that market in the same way the previous guys would. I until very recently sold a lot of WWE stuff and pretty much gave up because of how unbelievably difficult they are to get ahold of - I'm sure they're doing well in Toys R Us and the like but in one sense I reckon Mattel have completely dropped the ball...

I have to agree. mattel have no bloody idea how to market their products these days. They just assume fans will automatically find their site and buy them there.

• Paid Members
The reason the Legends figures have failed imho is because the places who would actually sell em to collectors have been having a hell of a time getting ahold of them from day one with Mattel. They just aren't geared up to cater to that market in the same way the previous guys would. I until very recently sold a lot of WWE stuff and pretty much gave up because of how unbelievably difficult they are to get ahold of - I'm sure they're doing well in Toys R Us and the like but in one sense I reckon Mattel have completely dropped the ball...

I have to agree. mattel have no bloody idea how to market their products these days. They just assume fans will automatically find their site and buy them there.

According to Mattel themselves, they say its down to various outside the US companies not purchasing them in due to cost, hence why you may not find the most up to date elite figures in many shops over here aparently.

So it might be them pricing them to high also?

What the fuck are you on about? The first Legends figures to be sold only on their site are the Rockers in November, and they've only moved Legends to online sales because no cunt besides Internet fans bought them and shops don't want them anymore.

Edited by King Pitcos

What the fuck are you on about? The first Legends figures to be sold only on their site are the Rockers in November, and they've only moved Legends to online sales because no cunt besides Internet fans bought them and shops don't want them anymore.

I think charging twice the average price of an action figure (with an extra jacket or basic redeco) is a big ask of fans, who most likely bought the same wrestler fig from jakks classics line. Plus, as I said before the lack of marketing. When it comes to the niche lines, Mattel put out bugger all marketing except maybe some posters at comic con and hope for the best. I'm only going by how they've treated other toy lines. I don't doubt major retailers not wanting to stock them was a major factor though.

BTW I just ordered something off matty collector, so I'l let you know if they're any good to deal with. It's not a pre-order though, so you'll have to risk to "red screen of death" yourself

• 3 weeks later...

Too soon!

So, I got my order from mattycollector.com (that's pretty much where you'll be seeing the classics line from now on). You have to regester your credit/debit card with them. I ordered one item (on sale) and chose the cheaper-non trackable- shipping option, because the trackable shipping costs over 30 dollars (which is a piss take for a single carded action figure). You get notification of when the item has been dispatched and it took about 2 weeks to arrive, which is par the course for receiving something from the States. The item wasn't greatly protected (tissue paper around the package in a box, put in aother box) so those who crave MISB stuff may be taking a gamble. That said, I hear nothing but negative stuff about their customer care service and buying new items is still like buying concert tickets. Because they announce when the ordering for something begins and then it's a mad rush to get them.

Most people use the trick of opening three windows and just keep refreshing them until one finally takes you to the checkout.

It's not a great site, there's no easy way to see how to log off, but if beats paying the huge mark up from ebay sellers and comic shops

• 2 months later...