New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

Also, nobody has mentioned that Rockers set yet- that looks fantastic.

Everyone mentioned it first time it showed up, about eighteen months ago. The Legends figures have completely flopped, so Toys R Us told them they didn't want any more and it's still not been released. Will be for sale on Mattel's website in November now.

Ah that's shite to hear that the legends series have flopped, I've actually been really impressed with the majority of them so far. I've got all of the first 4 series' with a couple from 5. Are they being discontinued?

The kids ain't buying into the legends these days, that's what they get for marketing the product at 8 year olds.

It's apparent at Toys R Us, and its apparent on our TV.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Afterthought : this is probably why they have advertised the 'surprise' return of Foley on RAW... they know otherwise the crowd will be lukewarm at best. Also the same reason they plugged The Rocks wrestling return at the Survivor Series.....

So people who actually give a shit will be in attendance.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members
What was , in the UKFF's opinion is the best Sid figure to ever be released ?

I own a wonderfully exa ggerated one , in which his brain pops from his head, when you flick a switch on his back. But the more ' realistic ' one I own is just awful.

The exaggerated one was cool, I had that too, is the normal one the WCW one with an open mouth? That was awful.

What?! Those figs were brilliant! The Jake Roberts and Rick Rude flew off the shelves in forbidden planet. So now it's either Mattycollector.com or hugely inflated prices on ebay/amazon, harumph! :angry:

Jimmy Snuka, Iron Sheik and Terry Funk didn't though. My Forbidden Planet's still got them on the shelves. And Brian Pillman really fucked the line in America. Massive flop, the whole line. They turn up in discount shops there now for $3.

Ah that's shite to hear that the legends series have flopped, I've actually been really impressed with the majority of them so far. I've got all of the first 4 series' with a couple from 5. Are they being discontinued?

Yeah, series 6 is the last series. Then it's just a few figures a year on their webshop. I think it was partly due to Jakks collectors not wanting to switch, and partly due to Mattel making stupid decisions trying to be clever ("Jakks never did a Jimmy Snuka with long tights and boots, so let's do that one even though no cunt will buy it! Let's put Legion of Doom in plain black gear and facepaint from before they were famous for the same reason! And nobody's ever done a Sgt Slaughter in a white vest and blue bottoms before, that'll shock everyone into not buying it").

The classic wrestling figure boom is over. Mattel have also cancelled their Entrance Greats and Defining Moments lines, because they overestimated how many people were really interested in paying $30 for a fancy toy of a wrestler from twenty years ago. As it turned out, a few people on the Internet were, and nobody else. So every shop in America is left with loads of the bastards that they can't shift. Stuff I paid upwards of

The reason the Legends figures have failed imho is because the places who would actually sell em to collectors have been having a hell of a time getting ahold of them from day one with Mattel. They just aren't geared up to cater to that market in the same way the previous guys would. I until very recently sold a lot of WWE stuff and pretty much gave up because of how unbelievably difficult they are to get ahold of - I'm sure they're doing well in Toys R Us and the like but in one sense I reckon Mattel have completely dropped the ball...

I'm sure they're doing well in Toys R Us

They're not. The current figures are selling very well, but the Legends figures bombed. UK retailers (besides Forbidden Planet and the odd collector place) all turned them down, and they died on the shelves at mainstream US retail. It's a shame, really, because the figures now are incredible compared to the shite Jakks saturated the classic collector market with for years.