Jimmy Saville dies

AJSTYLES

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Oh my fucking god, the day finally arrived when the Wrestling Observer reported on Saville:

-- Jimmy Savile, one of the most recognizable personalities in all of the United Kingdom, died today at the age of 84. Although far better known as a UK broadcaster, television personality, and one of the very first disc jockeys in history (among probably a dozen other things), in his youth he wrestled over 100 matches on the local cicuit. There is a big story on his life here with some amazingly wacky photos. "I've broken every bone in my body," he said of his wrestling career. "I loved it." He was on the real-life This Is Your Life (without Mick Foley) twice, because as the story goes they featured a story on him once and then years later asked him to do it again because they forgot he'd been on already. He was also mugged by a female fan a few years ago, having his giant glasses stolen in a hallway corridor, and he said he loved it because it reminded him of the old days.

• Paid Members

Judging by the crazy traffic to that today, and the Google searches that are leading people there, everyone's expecting a certain rumour to finally come out now that Dear Jim'll has finally departed.

You magnificent bastard, you. That's the funniest thing I've read in forever.

I wrote to Jim'll Fix It when I was little. I didn't get to go on the show. I addressed the envelope "To Jim. The one on TV," so it's not surprising really.

I met him once, at the opening of a health spa I used to work at. He wore an incredibly garish suit which was designed to look like it had been sewn together out of Superman comic strip panels. It was glorious.

RIP Jim (the one on TV)

One thing that used to get me was how people, often recognised as being quite cuntish when they were alive, suddenly become something they were not and the rose tinted spectacles come out with all the comments and tributes from people.

Well in this instance it definitely was not the case, infact if anything he probably deserved more credit for the work he did as a lot of it went under the radar and wasn't publicised. I've heard stories from a policeman mate that he had a retreat in the Scottish Highlands that he only used sparingly and when he wasn't there the rest of the time he left the keys with the Scottish Mountain Rescue unit to use as a store and base for their operations.

And, of course, he's in one of the most surreal photos i've seen in my life :laugh:

SNN2501Asutcliffe_740914a.jpg

• Paid Members

RIP Jimmy

it's weird cause hes one of them celebrities who's always been there during my life, he was a very unique character and his Louis Theroux doc. remains one of the most fascinating and strange episodes of TV ive ever seen.

You can't know how much cash he raised for charity though, that guy contributions to help people are undeniable, he has to be saluted for that.

Archived