Cut ten wrestlers from WWE

King Pitcos

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd keep Kane around because he's got name value and there are so many more cuttable wrestlers on the roster at the moment, but I think he's a valid choice. He's fucking boring most of the time.

Kane's wrestlecrap feud with Edge last year was utter bollocks. Some of the worst stuff build around a title match in years. Not Kane's fault, mind, but doesn't do him any favours either!

• Paid Members

That's the thing with Kane, his character has often been placed in wacky booking situations and angles. Yet somehow, he came through all the bollocks to win a World title again last year. He has got name value, but like Pity said he can be incredibly boring.

I'd like to cut somebody like Khali, but his name value in India and the novelty of having someone that size means yo'd probably keep him around to make a buck or two, at least from the Indian market where he's basically a legend. I'd keep him as a bodyguard or something in a comedy role.

I tried to consider this from a business point of view - who would draw in certain regions etc.

1. Jinder Mahal (I was interested at first, but they completely dropped the ball on him, and quite frankly is doing nothing)

2. Rosa Mendes (Has no wrestling ability whatsoever, and isn't even the most attractive of divas. Nothing going for her)

3. JTG (never going to get anywhere. Doesn't even job that well)

4. Primo (similar to JTG)

5. Tamina (has no importance within the diva's divison and I can't see her making much of an impact)

6. Hornswoggle (There's just nothing for him with Finlay gone. How far can you go with him. I'd give him a segment with The Muppets on Monday and then fire him Tuesday)

7. Johnny Curtis (Who?)

8. Ted DiBiase (Damage has been done. Give him a couple years to get better and bring him back when he's better)

9. Ezekiel Jackson (Has had only one good match and that was in January 2010. I'd rather see more Mason Ryan)

10. Booker T (Keep him around as an agent and occasional on screen wrestler, but on commentary... I'm sick of watching wrestling on mute)

See, the real tricky thing for me is I genuinely dont think there's many wrestlers currently signed to Raw and Smackdown who are completely useless, more that they are being totally mis-used or not given a chance to show what they can do.

I would probably ditch Rosa Mendes. She is clueless, clumsy and just, awful.

I'd keep Primo and The Usos around. Tag Primo with Orlando/Tito, give them a chance to develop personalities and add them to the tag ranks. The Usos original [short lived] gimmick of priviliged, intelligent, modern-day Samoan men was good but never developed or given any thought.

Johnny Curtis has the whole 'I won NXT and nothing's been done with me' heel persona just waiting to happen. A disgruntled 'employee' gimmick? Sure, not original, but it's better than working dark matches.

Tyler Reks had an interesting look last time I saw him, but that was it. Either take some time and effort to make some vignettes/give him a chance to show a personality to match his look [if there is any there] or release him.

I'd ditch Darren Young and Titus O Neill. I've never seen anything in Young. Not a single thing. Same with Titus.

Aside from that, I genuinely wouldn't ditch any of them. I'd just invest more time in the ones who are treading water [which is a lot].

• Paid Members

I don't like roster culls. Even though there are a few guys in WWE that I'm not that keen on, I still prefer to see a large roster with plenty of variety. I also think it's important to have plenty of jobbers around. If Johnny Ace asked me for 10 names I think I'd struggle to give him ten that I genuinely wanted to see the back of. However, I'll have a stab at it:

1. Titus O'Neill. I like his tag team with Percy Watson, but on his own he's dreadful. Looks too old to be just starting out in WWE, he's never going to be a player.

2. Hunico. I know he's barely had a chance yet, but I thought he was shite as the fake Sin Cara. When you're a shittier version of a shit wrestler you better keep your head down when Johnny Ace is about.

3. John Morrison. No improvement to his act in past 3 years. He makes a great enhancement talent though.

4. Johnny Curtis. Something about this guy irritates me and I don't know what it is. Johnny Ace wants 10 names though, so unlucky Curtis. Won't be missed.

5. Jinder Mahal. Boring in every sense of the word. He's one of the few that I would genuinely be happy to see released.

6. Rosa Mendes. Possibly the worst of the Divas- both in-ring and in-face.

7. Tamina. Too manly to be eye-candy, yet fails to intimidate or look like a threat to the likes of Kelly Kelly or Alicia. She's dead weight in a flailing division.

8. Michael McGillicutty. Didn't seem to inherit an ounce of his father's charisma. Seems capable enough in the ring, but that's where his list of 'Pros' ends. He looks like the type of guy that RoH would push as their champion.

9. Darren Young. They missed the boat by not going for the Black Cena gimmick with Young. It would have been comedy gold (for about a month). Beyond a remarkable likeness for the leader of the CeNation, this guy has nothing going for him. He was the worst member of the original Nexus by a long shout.

10. Teddy Long. Does he count? I'm sick of Teddy, his act is stale and he really does come across as an incompetent authority figure, yet he's supposed to be a good guy. I think a change in GM would freshen up SmackDown no end.

Archived