Who is making you tune in right now?

Sexy Dad

In a similar vein to the top 50 thread where we are stating who our favourite five wrestlers of all time are I thought it would be interesting to talk about our top 5 wrestlers who are making us tune in right now to WWE, TNA, ROH or wherever else produces a regular show that you tune in to. Which guys are keeping you interested in a time where a lot of people are tuning out of wrestling in favor of MMA etc?

1) Bobby Roode - Roode was established by TNA last month as prime player, a man who was primed to win the title from Kurt Angle at the year's biggest event of the year. When Roode's rug was swept from under his feet after a questionable decision at the end of the match I wondered what was next for Bobby. This man has all the tools and provides great matches on a weekly basis. The future for Roode and tag team partner have me more interested in TNA than anything else has in a while.

2) James Storm - I was always a Beer Money fan and to see Storm and Roode catapult up the card has been a joy to watch. Storm cuts great passionate promos, drinks beer and kicks ass. Like Roode, he always delivers great matches and I want to see what this guy is capable of doing in the main event. Storm vs Roode is a feud which matters and I feel has a lot of significance as these two men have been elevated simultaniously and I want to see them bring the best out of each other.

3) Sheamus - The 'Great White' has found himself in a great position in WWE right now and is gaining more momentum every week. I feel that Shemus' current run is similar to that of Batista in 2004/early 2005 where he continues to build up more support and show what he is capable of. I feel Sheamus' big pay off isn't too far away and I want to see him take on Mark Henry and settle their unfinished business.

4) CM Punk - Say what you like about Punk's character from Summerslam onwards but I believe Punk is still delivering week in week out. Even if Punk isn't the most likely man to climb into he spot of WWE's top face I will enjoy watching him continue to deliver great matches and gain momentum from the fans. The fans have switched from the mixed responses for Punk and I feel that a feud with Del Rio will do him and his character some good. Punk's exchange with Laurinitis this wee may have not been the great 'rebel vs boss' stuff that we wanted from Punk and Hunter in a long feud but it delivered and was entertaining.

5) Austin Aries - A Double got arguably one of the loduest and consistent ovations and show of fan support at Bound for Glory, an event featuring Sting vs Hogan. Aries belongs on a big stage and his character and matches have been a great addition to TNA and I hope to see him get some more airtime.

So who is making you guys tune in at the mo?

Habit keeps me tuning in every week regardless. But at the moment, my favourites are:

1) Awesome Truth

2) CM Punk

3) David Otunga

4) Sheamus

5) Dolph Ziggler

That list is completely arbitrary, mind. It could just as easily contain Mark Henry, Michael Cole, Air Boom, Zack Ryder or Wade Barrett. There's quite a lot of talent in WWE I'm enjoying at the moment.

I packed in WWE when we got rid of Sky Sports a couple of months ago, and don't really miss it. Just before that, it was basically only CM Punk keeping me tuning in, but I gather he's gone quite shit recently. Over in TNA, it's basically Bobby Roode, Bully Ray, Jeff Jarrett (I still think he's the best heel in TNA, and one of the best heels in wrestling today, on his day) and Hogan.

The one's I like at the moment from WWE are the following:

1: Mark Henry (I love watching him intimidating everyone, and just shoving everything to the floor in his path. He has been a great World Champion.)

2: Triple H (He's only had 3 matches this year but he still puts on better matches than almost everyone on the roster. I'm loving him at the moment.)

3: Randy Orton (I've always hated him but this year has been a turn-around for both his character and his matches. The series with Christian was amazing.)

4: CM Punk (When he isn't dropping any of the insider remarks which I have grown tired of, he is really cool.)

5: Air Boom (They are the positive move forward that I want for cool colourful outfits and a proper tag team. I admit to being a total mark for their team.)

Since I have only been watching TNA on and off this year I thought It'd be unfair to combine it with WWE. Since watching BFG and last week's Impact (My first since July or so) the highlights of both shows have been Bobby Roode, James Storm, Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan, Sting and Jeff Jarrett for his two promos.

1. Cody Rhodes - I'm on the side that loves his weirded out promos, his matches are excellent and his belt is the tits. My favourite across both shows for a while now, and it was nice to see him taken somewhat seriously in the build up to his PPV match with Orton.

2. Mark Henry - For the most part, he was the one guy in the mental Summer 2011 WWE landscape who seemed intent on being there to beat people up and win belts, and I totally bought into it. Hope he carries that piece of tin all the way to Mania for a top level match he genuinely will have deserved. Punk vs Cena up to Money in the Bank is tough to top, but the Mark Henry push runs a close second in the best thing WWE have done all year.

3. John Cena - Still entertains me most weeks, has new t-shirt out which is fun to look at, mentions The Rock, never sells properly with hilarious consequences. Don't think I'll ever fall out of love with big bad John.

4. CM Punk - because whilst it's frustrating he didn't get it enough when he had it and become an actual megastar, I look forward to what material they will give him as it tends to still be a little off the beaten track compared to most. If I'm honest, his matches are doing jack shit for me at the moment and his Jerry Saggs elbow is rotten, but on the mic I'm still listening.

5. John Morrison - Him getting beat every week is piss funny and an absolute joy. He's a fucking berk and I love him eating the pinfalls in every match he's involved in. Can't wait to see which Muppet gets to go over him this coming Raw.

Bonus Number 6. The Rock. Because as of last Monday he's again the thing I want most mentioned in the next month or so.

• Paid Members
1. Cody Rhodes - I'm on the side that loves his weirded out promos, his matches are excellent and his belt is the tits. My favourite across both shows for a while now, and it was nice to see him taken somewhat seriously in the build up to his PPV match with Orton.

2. Mark Henry - For the most part, he was the one guy in the mental Summer 2011 WWE landscape who seemed intent on being there to beat people up and win belts, and I totally bought into it. Hope he carries that piece of tin all the way to Mania for a top level match he genuinely will have deserved. Punk vs Cena up to Money in the Bank is tough to top, but the Mark Henry push runs a close second in the best thing WWE have done all year.

3. John Cena - Still entertains me most weeks, has new t-shirt out which is fun to look at, mentions The Rock, never sells properly with hilarious consequences. Don't think I'll ever fall out of love with big bad John.

4. CM Punk - because whilst it's frustrating he didn't get it enough when he had it and become an actual megastar, I look forward to what material they will give him as it tends to still be a little off the beaten track compared to most. If I'm honest, his matches are doing jack shit for me at the moment and his Jerry Saggs elbow is rotten, but on the mic I'm still listening.

5. John Morrison - Him getting beat every week is piss funny and an absolute joy. He's a fucking berk and I love him eating the pinfalls in every match he's involved in. Can't wait to see which Muppet gets to go over him this coming Raw.

Bonus Number 6. The Rock. Because as of last Monday he's again the thing I want most mentioned in the next month or so.

Can't really disagree with this too much myself although I might have Ziggler instead of Cena. But I love Cena at the moment, and I think I'm enjoying him so much because HE seems to be enjoying it so much. It really is amazing how much of a difference it makes when you know how much they are loving it.

The Morrison point is spot on as well. I think he's a completely stupid twat and his new t-shirt is fucking bobbins. I'd disagree on Punk, though, as I've really enjoyed his matches but his mic work, which needs reigning in (only a bit, though), hasn't been as good as we know it can be.

I don't really watch WWE these days except for the odd PPV but these guys are keeping me tuning in to TNA

Gunnar The blokes a fucking beast. It was nice to see him get some mic time before he wrestled Abyss after BFG, it's just a shame he got battered. He's intense and I think he's got a lot to give, I'd really like to see him break away from Immortal, he could be a good challeneger for Roode/Storm (whichever is holding the title), it'd be nice to see some new blood in the main event and he strikes me as someone who could be taken as a legitimate threat.

Hulk Hogan Because he's Hulk fucking Hogan.

Bobby Roode It makes me wonder why the pissed around with the likes of Mr Anderson as champion when there was somebody this good waiting in the wings. I hope they continue topush him and don't just get bored of him.

James Storm I'll be honest that I never really liked Storm as much as I did Roode. He always seemed to be in the background and Roode came accross as the star. As soon as he won the title I realised that I'd been wrong about him. The emotion on his face when he won, I haven't seen that since Benoit winning at Mania. Like Roode I hope he stays in the main events for some time.

Jeff Jarrett Everything the man does is gold. The MMA stuff, the mexico stuff, I just want to see what he's doing next. He's funny but brilliantly believable, he can flick between over the top to understated and doesn't have to descened in to panto villain territory to get heat. One of if not the best heel around at the moment.

and my binus 6th

So Cal Val Omnomnom.

For me Punk is definetly still the top of the list just because I absolutely love his wrestling ability and in my eyes he is the best promo cutter in the business at the moment. Just everything about him is awesome.

Others are the Sin Caras due to their interesting feud, Wade Barrett as I'm hoping he'll get a good push after the last few weeks and I guess The Awesome Truth, Triple H, Johnny Ace and Nash just to see where this whole thing is heading.

As for TNA, Roode and Storm, I'm really hoping they have a huge split and a proper lengthy, hardcore, violent feud for the Title with Roode turning on Storm as he is jealous and pissed off that Storm did what he couldn't do in three minutes, have Roode go on at Storm saying that he weakened Angle and did all the hard work only to be screwed and then have Storm get the win the next night and take the Title and all of the praise. I think those two guys would ba absolutely amazing in a top feud for the Title and it could really make things exciting and interesting.

• Paid Members

1) Mark Henry

Been a fan for years and right now is the pay-off. I was so happy to see Mark finally win the belt that I was legit punching the air in celebration. He's the best thing going in wrestling right now, without question. Not only has he nailed his character, his matches are great fun to watch.

2) Sheamus

The next top babyface in WWE? It's looking like it. The big fella has an immense natural likeability that CM Punk could only dream of and regularly delivers in his matches. I want to see his feud with Henry pick up again.

3) Air Boom

I'm just chuffed to see WWE pushing a classic babyface tag team, with matching attire and a proper theme tune. Hope they don't run out of teams to feud with soon, that's my only concern.

4) Kevin Nash

Let's be honest- this time last year none of us expected to see Big Sexy involved in major angles in WWE in 2011. He looks to have gotten himself into fantastic shape too. Hopefully we'll get a couple of fun matches out of him before he finds himself back in the hurt locker.

5) Randy Orton

Storyline-wise, Randy hasn't been particularly interesting for a long time, but you can count on him to consistently knock out excellent TV and PPV matches. It's very rare I'll fast forward a Randy Orton match these days and the RKO is still the best and most over finish in wrestling.

1) Shingo - Has pretty much moved into my "favourite wrestler" spot by virtue of astounding live performances that I've witnessed on the DGUK shows and a level of consistent intensity, even by Dragon gate standards (which are pretty f'n high anyway). I get more enjoyment out of watching him wrestle than anybody else at the moment, and that's all I can ask for!

2) CM Punk - A breath of fresh air at the top of the cards. A great Summer, despite some ups and downs. He's bloody good at everything and raises his game for big PPV matches.

3) Beer Money - putting them in as a package as I think they both deserve it, and they entertain me in equal measures. A pair of fun promos and two of the most consistent in-ring talents in TNA's history. As a team they are untouchable and both have hugely stepped up recently. I wish TNA would dump Anderson, RVD, Abyss and probably a fair few others and concentrate on the talent they should be pushing.

4) Austin Aries - a class above most wrestlers of his type. Super crisp in-ring talent, with bags of charisma. I would like to see an extended relationship with Kid Kash. They'd be a great pair of prick heels together in the X Division.

5) Eric Bischoff - my favourite non-wrestler going today. Super-smug, smart as fuck and always a great promo. Even through the nonsense that TNA offer sometimes, Easy Z always delivers.

R-Truth would have been there a few months back, but I fucking hate the rap being back and hes just not nearly as hilarious as the first 6 weeks of his heeldom. Sheamus, Mizark and Christian are near-misses from WWE. Gunnar, Bully Ray, Jarrett and Tessmacher are the close-calls from TNA.

If this list were being compiled earlier in the week, it would be all Dragon Gate!

Archived