Barry Windham Hospitalised

M-Dudz

• Paid Members

People forget, Windham probably had more natural ability than anyone. Michaels, Flair, Hart or any of the true worker headliners. He might not have excelled to the level of those mentioned, but that doesn't mean he didn't have it in him. Meltzer bums Flair, but even he said if it was based strictly on who was the best on their best night, Windham had Flair all day. I even loved Baz during the years he was finished. The cap, leather jacket and "can't be arsed with this shite" look on his face era. Malenko and Benoit were perfect opponents for him in the late 90s. Hennig and Windham seemed to have a bit of an indian summer there in early 1999. If anyones seen the Battle of the Belts show between Flair and Windham, its fucking class. How anyone can think Flair is overrated is beyond me. Both are fucking brilliant in it.

2011 would be the worst year for talented wrestlers, if he dies. Savage and Windham were everything you like about wrestling, which you don't see today. Hope he pulls through. Isn't looking good though. Mind you, even time Scott Hall is rumoured to die, someone else seems to kick the bucket, I notice.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived