Barry Windham Hospitalised

M-Dudz

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13-1.gif

What does everyone think is Barry's best performance? Personally I find him to be the MVP of War Games '92.

Best performance is really hard. I very much enjoyed matches he had with Flair, Luger and Rhodes in the 80s, but he just seem to look bigger, better and badder when teaming with Dustin Rhodes in 92. Dunno why, but that's what I think of when I think of Windham. Him and Dustin Rhodes vs. Steve Austin and Steve Williams.

Classic back in the good old days, held his own in singles or in tags. Would have a thing or two to show the shite team who comprise the only WWF duo currently - that spot monkey and the darkie from two continents. Whatever they're called.

• Moderators

From F4W.

Former NWA champion Barry Windham is currently in intensive care in Florida after what isnow believed to have been a heart attack. His father, Bob (Blackjack Mulligan) descrbed the condition of the 50-year-old Windham as "near death," and asked for people to pray for him.

Windham was one of the greatest in-ring talents in the history of the industry, particularly in the 80s while working for Jim Crockett Promotions when he was a member of the Four Horseman as a heel, and earlier as a top babyface world title contender.

He is the brother-in-law of current WWE agent Mike Rotunda and the uncle of two of WWE's wrestlers in FCW, Husky Harris (Windham Rotunda) and Bo Rotunda (Taylor Rotunda).

Windham was reportedly found at his ranch, collapsed, by Mike Rotunda.

Oh fuck. I really hope he pulls through.

Ahh, always my favourite WCW figure from the 90's! Had some wars with Windham vs. Smash of Demolition as i recall!

I saw a shoot with Windham not so long ago, has anyone else seen it? Came across really laid back, humble and a real good guy. Didn't seem to hold any grudges, bitterness or ill-will to anyone. Always one of my faves but always feel he missed out on more.

:( Horrible news. Really hopes he makes it, Big Barry was one of my favourites all through my teenage years particularly that run as 'The Lone Wolf' in 1993. His earlier stuff is of course even better - I've been saying since 2003 that he had better chemistry with Flair than even Steamboat and beyond that he may well have been the best wrestler on the entire planet around 1988 - on his best day around that time I'd put him over Flair, DiBiase, Finlay, Savage, Lawler, Rocco, Blanchard or any of the other top hands at that time other than maybe Jumbo from what I've seen.

As far as best matches go he was in maybe the two best US matches of all time: vs Ric Flair (CWF, Battle Of The Belts II, 1986) and War Games vs The Dangerous Alliance (WCW, 1992). So you aren't going to get much better than that.

Best performance is harder to say because he had so many. Maybe WrestleWar '91 and the stuff against Pillman which pretty much carried the first 3/4 of the match. Those two had great chemistry.

Seemed like a good guy and actually very modest about his own abilities in all the interviews I've read with him over the years.

Hope he pulls through ok, always loved Windham and felt he was a man way before his time.

In what way(s)?

Anyway, hope he makes it, we've lost enough wrestling gods this year and he's still only young in real life terms.

Archived