Barry Windham Hospitalised

M-Dudz

Not seen this posted anywhere. Saw a few reports on Twitter overnight after Windham's father, Blackjack Mulligan posted his son was "close to death" on Facebook since suffering a stroke.

Article here - http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2011/10/26/18884251.html

Hope he pulls through ok, always loved Windham and felt he was a man way before his time.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely horrendous news. So gutted. Big Baz was always my favourite horseman growing up and it was an affinity that only grew over the years. When asked to name my favourite of all time Windham would be it. Could have awesome matches with anyone and generally did. His talent preceeded him by decades. In later years I was still captivated by the ill fated Stalker gimmick. Anything Windham was involved with I bought hook line and sinker!

I hope to god he pulls through this! Come on Bazza!

That is absolutely terrible news, Barry Windham was one of the best men in the ring, he had terrific matches with so many people. I hope he pulls through, he's truly a great wrestler and he can be very beneficial to the next generation.

• Moderators
That's a such shame, I really hope he ends up OK. I'm not exactly an expert on his career by any means, but it's sad when something like this happens to anyone. I'm going to watch some of his material now as my way of thinking of him.

Fucking hell Dill, is that your new Rest In Piece?

Anyway. Here's my thoughts.

SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT

One of my all time top 5. He better be fucking OK.

Sad sad news and very unexpected. The wrestling business has again tried to claim another casualty. Lets hope we don't lose another one.

30 years of hard drinking, smoking, and fast food will account for a stroke/heart attack at 51 regardless of what job he does. I think it's a bit of a stretch to say "wrestling tries to claim another casualty"

Archived