GTAV

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
Can't wait.

Can you get Vice City on PS3 or is it just PS2?

Isn't PS3 backwards compatible, thus PS2 games will work on it?

Edit: Yep, most games are, including all GTA games. Full list here Dart.

Edited by PunkStep

Can't wait.

Can you get Vice City on PS3 or is it just PS2?

Isn't PS3 backwards compatible, thus PS2 games will work on it?

Edit: Yep, most games are, including all GTA games. Full list here Dart.

Only old PS3's are backward compatible, they ripped that out of later models to save money.

• Paid Members

I played Vice City a bit back and it hasn't aged too well. By far and a way the best of the run and the most fun I've had with a GTA, or perhaps any game, but it was painful to play now.

The driving was tantamount to torture and the visual draw made everything such a painful experience.

The story is still second to none and the characters are still amazing but as a playing experience it just wasn't there. I've got used to better.

While I'm here I will say I couldn't care less about GTA 5. The series made big progression from the top down awesomeness of the first to 3, and then again to VC. GTA:SA was the turning point for me, where it felt big for the sake of it, the story didn't have much behind it for me and the characters were underwhelming for the most part.

GTA 4 was visually amazing and as an environment superb, I just didn't care about any one in it and I found parts of the game frustrating and not fun, which isn't what I want from any game.

• Paid Members

Really Tommy? I felt the opposite when I recently downloaded and played San Andreas. I expected to really struggle with playing it- because the graphics are a long way from anything today and the gameplay in comparison is a bit awkward. But I forgot about these things as soon as I started to play it. The overall charm of the game just pulled me back in and I had a blast. And surprisingly, I found the more difficult missions that I used to struggle with a lot easier this time around.

The only thing that's stopping me playing it a lot more at the moment (other than my Skyrim addiction) is knowing that I have to graft my was through the pony San Fierro island before I get to the money shot of Las Venturas.

Edited by PunkStep

Really Tommy? I felt the opposite when I recently downloaded and played San Andreas. I expected to really struggle with playing it- because the graphics are a long way from anything today and the gameplay in comparison is a bit awkward. But I forgot about these things as soon as I started to play it. The overall charm of the game just pulled me back in and I had a blast. And surprisingly, I found the more difficult missions that I used to struggle with a lot easier this time around.

The only thing that's stopping me playing it a lot more at the moment (other than my Skyrim addiction) is knowing that I have to graft my was through the pony San Fierro island before I get to the money shot of Las Venturas.

Im the same san an on hd looks good. I too am stuck on San Fierro atm so i took to horse racing. Got millions and millions of dollars im stuck on the Dang Thang mission

• Paid Members

San Fierro, IIRC, was a bit shit. You had that horrible slog of a drive from through south to the north (which you had to do for certain missions) and apart from the San Francisco downhill streets that made for fun chases, it didn't have much to offer that I can remember. Plus it was home to those awful missions for that model airplane gimp. Zero was his name, I think?

• Paid Members

There was one mission of his that was an absolute nightmare, where you were on a rooftop with him trying to shoot down toy planes. I think that is probably the hardest mission in any game I've ever played, because after hours & hours I never managed to do it.

At least with the Zero you could progress in the game without finishing those missions, unlike the flying school and loop the loops trick. The thought of going through that again has always put me off playing San Andreas again - there better not be anything like that going on in GTA V

The best thing about San Fierro for me was the side mission where you had to take the 50 photos of tourist attractions - thought something similar would've made into GTA 4 with all the New York locations, making use of the camera phone instead of just having the 200 pigeons to shoot.

There was one mission of his that was an absolute nightmare, where you were on a rooftop with him trying to shoot down toy planes. I think that is probably the hardest mission in any game I've ever played, because after hours & hours I never managed to do it.

Yeah, I stopped with the Zero missions right there. In fact the only reason I now don't mind Zero is because I found out that David Cross (Tobias from Arrested Development) voices him.

when i had it on the ps2 i never done that mission but i done it on the xbox the other day first time and fucks nos how i done it. Now im stuck on the one where you have to kill the delivery boys, My plane keeps blown up when i try and fly back to the shop. Still cant do that boat one either tried like four times last night got angry went to bed.

• Paid Members

Yeah, really. It was a PS2 copy on a PS2, with some tinkering and updating I'd jump at playing it again because the story and characters were still as good as ever.

I'm not a big graphics nerd and still play plenty of PS1 games without being put off by the look. Vice City just felt very old and a chore to play through. It broke my little heart it did.

I still spent far more time playing that than any other GTA game and for good reason, it was ace.

Back in my PS2 days, that mission drove me to a near nervous breakdown. Must've tried well over 100 times! But earlier this year I downloaded San Andreas from the Marketplace and I couldn't believe it when I completed that mission at my third attempt! I actually got up and jumped up and down on my bed in celebration! :laugh: