RAW Discussion Thread

neil

• Paid Members

I wasn't bothered about the announcement of Rock as Cena's partner, since I wasn't aware whether the SurSer posters had been seen by the casual audience and their lack of chanting early on didn't apprise me of anything to counter that thought.

What did bother me, though, was how they got there. Laurinaitis is a sleazeball who has endorsed Miz and Truth's behaviour. He did so again last night, naming Cena's partner as Ryder in what is clearly not a move to give Cena a fair chance. Then once Cena gets attacked by Miz and Truth at the end, Laurinaitis stops it in its tracks and apologises to Cena for not letting him pick his own partner and gives him the opportunity to do it now.

It's so internally inconsistent. Why would Laurinaitis try to make what an attack that he orchestrated in the first place? Or has my habit of doing work on my laptop whilst Raw plays in the background caused me to miss something obvious?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wasn't bothered about the announcement of Rock as Cena's partner, since I wasn't aware whether the SurSer posters had been seen by the casual audience and their lack of chanting early on didn't apprise me of anything to counter that thought.

What did bother me, though, was how they got there. Laurinaitis is a sleazeball who has endorsed Miz and Truth's behaviour. He did so again last night, naming Cena's partner as Ryder in what is clearly not a move to give Cena a fair chance. Then once Cena gets attacked by Miz and Truth at the end, Laurinaitis stops it in its tracks and apologises to Cena for not letting him pick his own partner and gives him the opportunity to do it now.

It's so internally inconsistent. Why would Laurinaitis try to make what an attack that he orchestrated in the first place? Or has my habit of doing work on my laptop whilst Raw plays in the background caused me to miss something obvious?

Near as I can tell, with Triple H getting attacked amongst other things, the suggestion is being made to Laurinaitis that his reign on RAW is equally as unsafe a work environment as it was under Trips. Being the spineless toady that he is, Johnny Ace is panicking and trying to make up for his implied endorsement of this sort of action.

• Paid Members
Near as I can tell, with Triple H getting attacked amongst other things, the suggestion is being made to Laurinaitis that his reign on RAW is equally as unsafe a work environment as it was under Trips. Being the spineless toady that he is, Johnny Ace is panicking and trying to make up for his implied endorsement of this sort of action.

Great, thanks for that. They may well have forgotten all this by next week but at least it's a bit of logic that I can apply to this one.

It's Johnny Ace trying to look "effectual".

Yeah, he orchestrated it... and Miz/Truth left when asked without much grief.

A proper modern day 'conspiracy'

Hmm, im thinking either Rock or Cena will be 'turning' at Survivor Series, I think it'd be really good if The Rock turned on Cena and it was revealed he's the one Lauranitus has been texting etc, and his decision to let Cena pick his partner was a trap because they were hoping he'd pick The Rock. I would say turn Cena, but I dont know who he'd go up against whilst The Rock dissapears till January time again, least if The Rock turns he can do some video packages, Cena can face random heels getting more madder about The Rock etc.

It probably wouldnt get The Rock booed like, but it'd be a good shock, and Survivor Series is the PPV of the screwjob after all. Of course Cena being revealed to been working with Lauranitus all along would be an interesting twist, albeit not very logical, wheras The Rock would make kinda sense.

Hmm, im thinking either Rock or Cena will be 'turning' at Survivor Series, I think it'd be really good if The Rock turned on Cena and it was revealed he's the one Lauranitus has been texting etc, and his decision to let Cena pick his partner was a trap because they were hoping he'd pick The Rock. I would say turn Cena, but I dont know who he'd go up against whilst The Rock dissapears till January time again, least if The Rock turns he can do some video packages, Cena can face random heels getting more madder about The Rock etc.

It probably wouldnt get The Rock booed like, but it'd be a good shock, and Survivor Series is the PPV of the screwjob after all. Of course Cena being revealed to been working with Lauranitus all along would be an interesting twist, albeit not very logical, wheras The Rock would make kinda sense.

I'd actually really like to see this. Rocky returning to his 'Hollywood Rock' persona would be great to see this because as far as the fans are concerned The Rock is still the guy who shows up when he likes. The only dilemma with this is absence makes the heart grow fonder, especially in the case of The Rock who has the most outside fame in the WWE and everybody has wanted to see return for so long. For story lines purposes though I'd like to see this.

Haven't they been doing "The Rock and John Cena... The most charistmatic team ever" adverts during the WWE shows for a while as well?

• Paid Members

I think it makes sense not having a mega 5 v 5 match at SS, because at least now you can get 3 good matches on the show in Rock/Cena vs Miz/Truth, HHH/Nash, Punk/Del Rio. As much as I would have liked to see HHH/Punk/Rock/Cena teaming up together, the rest of the show would have been Kelly Kelly/Beth in a 60 minute iron man match.

Haven't they been doing "The Rock and John Cena... The most charistmatic team ever" adverts during the WWE shows for a while as well?

Yep, for well over a month.

• Paid Members

Ha, wow. I truly pay next to no attention at all. I tend to work whilst Raw's on and look up every now and again depending on what I hear coming from the announce desk, so had no idea.

• Paid Members

Obviously I'm a completely easily pleased mong or something because I just got round to watching it and I really enjoyed it.

HHH's speech was shit but the Nash attack was absolutely superbly done, probably as close to scarily violent as you can do in PG. It was easily the best thing they've done with Nash since he came back.

The Orton/Sheamus v Christian/Rhodes match was a little cracker that kind of got lost in the shuffle. Christian looks more and more ill every week though and I still hate him and I'm not sure why.

The women's match was utterly worthless and the outcome made no fucking sense. I did get a laugh out of the bit where Natalya stamped on Alicia's hand and she sold it like she was putting out a fucking match or something. Dozy bint.

The Punk - Del Rio stuff was alright even when Laurinaitis interjected ("Are you Aretha Franklin?" was especially great) but the crowd absolutely farted on the Survivor Series announcement, which didn't exactly bode well.

Barrett and Morrison even notched up a decent match between them and I'm still enjoying Morrison jobbing every week. Shame about the botched finish, but that's what Barrett gets for his STUPID FUCKING HAIR and his ridiculous Ted Hankey-esque cloak. Completely ridiculous look.

Ziggler and Santino was pointless and Santino isn't funny any more. Mason Ryan was definitely displaying some major roid rage after he run ZigSwag off, though.

Final match was alright but the announcement was absolutely crap and actually makes no sense at all.

So I enjoyed it. Too much Laurinaitis, though. I actually have quite enjoyed him since he's become an on-screen character but he was on way too much. Plus, ENOUGH with the fucking skateboard / Funkman references. We get the fucking joke, move on, it wasn't all that funny in the first place.

Barrett and Morrison even notched up a decent match between them and I'm still enjoying Morrison jobbing every week. Shame about the botched finish, but that's what Barrett gets for his STUPID FUCKING HAIR and his ridiculous Ted Hankey-esque cloak. Completely ridiculous look.

It's not a cloak, it's a jacket!

12wade.jpg

I like it, anyway.

• Paid Members
I think he'd look spiffing in a Superman outfit. He's got a bit of Clark Kent about him.

In a slightly related note, In 'smallville' i always thought General Zod looked/sounded a bit Wade Barret-y . Mainly because he's got the American/English "William Regal"accent.

Archived