RAW Discussion Thread

neil

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

So HHH hired Nash, and he gave him a great contract that meant he still got paid even if he got fired. Then HHH fired Nash. Then HHH demanded Nash be rehired with a new lucrative contract.

Not sure I'd want HHH inheriting my company.

• Paid Members
So HHH hired Nash, and he gave him a great contract that meant he still got paid even if he got fired. Then HHH fired Nash. Then HHH demanded Nash be rehired with a new lucrative contract.

Not sure I'd want HHH inheriting my company.

No, because Johnny Ace hired Kevin Nash originally. Then Triple H fired Nash. Now he's asking Ace to hire Nash again so he can get a match with him.

• Paid Members

Right. So Laurinaitis hired him in his capacity as talent relations. HHH then fired him either in his capacity as COO or specifically in his capacity as "man who isn't the anonymous GM but does have authority to run Raw, but not Smackdown, and can overrule Laurinaitis on hirings/firings". HHH now doesn't have authority over Raw (that's interim GM Laurinaitis) and has to ask Laurinaitis to hire Nash back. However, HHH would also like to make clear he is still Laurinaitis's boss.

And before somebody jumps in and notes that I've got something wrong here, that is the point.

He's basically got Vince's job but isn't in charge of running the show, in the same way Vince owned WWE but Bischoff was GM of Raw I suppose. doesn't make complete sense but I get where they have gone with this. I've just read that apparently Hunter is to be out of action for up to six weeks so the chances of an injury from that jackknife are looking likely. It's a shame that the Nash storyline keeps stalling but if they want HHH-Nash to head towards Mania then I suppose this keeps the two guys apart for a while.

Just watching Raw now and I must say Lawler's response to Cole saying about Miz and Truth making an impact at Vengeance was pretty funny and it must have been a jab at TNA, "Big deal, all impacts aren't good". Also the guy in the We Hate Cena shirt is hilarious, he seems to love posing with Cena, was a bit weird how Cena went to give him his shirt and he told Cena to give it to the kid next to him, I thought that's what Cena would have done anyway.

As for Raw I'm sure Triple H being attacked is a way to write him out for a few weeks as I think the jackknife from Nash at Vengeance injured him, pretty violent attack too really, I can definetly see a Nash and Triple H match somewhere down the line when both are healthy enough, can see it being a gimmick match too, just so weapons can be used and so on. Also I think that'd suit Nash more than a straight up one on one match at this stage as usually brawl-like gimmick matches allow longer for breathers which was something seen in the Cena and Del Rio Last Man Standing match.

Punk and Del Rio feuding for the Title looks good, I'm a lot more into a Punk and Del Rio feud than Cena and Del Rio, it just gets a bit boring when Cena is in the Title feud all of the time, by having the whole Cena, Rock, Miz and Truth thing going it freshens things up both for Cena and the Title picture.

Also interested in where this Barrett thing is going, he looked good in his win against Morrison and on Twitter he's going on about a Second Coming, I always liked Barrett and I hope this is signalling a push and I hope it all works out. I'd love to see him get involved in an Intercontinental Title feud, dunno how well that'd work out against Cody Rhodes though, but if it involved Orton and someone else, maybe Morrison too then it might work, have a few different guys chasing the Title and as well as making it interesting and something good to watch it'd also give all of these guys a good push and make the Intercontinental Title seem so much more meaningful.

Anyone see Headbangers video challenging Air Boom online? I'd love it if they just appeared at next week's Raw out of nowhere and jumped Air Boom, maybe have a three way feud for the Titles, Zigswag vs. Headbangers vs. Air Boom.

Overall not a bad Raw, more exciting than last week but still I feel it's lost a bit of momentum from how it was around Money in the Bank and Summerslam.

Anyone see Headbangers video challenging Air Boom online? I'd love it if they just appeared at next week's Raw out of nowhere and jumped Air Boom, maybe have a three way feud for the Titles, Zigswag vs. Headbangers vs. Air Boom.

I've just seen that. I'd like to see them return as a one-off, like that time LOD came back and fought Kane and RVD.

Headbangers challenge Air Boom:

Youtube comments highlight:

Shitcunts. The Headbangers sucked ass.

Austin and Rock were the only good things about the Attitude Era.

UsernameRogen1978 4 hours ago

Archived