RAW Discussion Thread

neil

A 4 vs 4 would have been perfect. Everyone has history with each other, and even though the Punk/Triple H/Rock/Cena team is stacked, the fact Punk & Cena feuded through the summer, Punk & Triple H have just got out of a feud and Cena & Rock have the Wrestlemania Main Event means that the heel team would fit perfectly. This show doesn't need a WWE Title match, it's all about The Rock. They could do with saving Punk/Del Rio and building it up for TLC so it comes across as a big deal.

It also seems WWE abandoned the Swagger/Ziggler/Rhodes/Christian/Otunga combination, which makes sense based upon current storylines - but if they held off with the Protest angle, they could have had a nice match with Ryder/Ryan/Orton/Air Boom. They could still do it though.

Its still nonsense that they've cut 2 big survivor series main event that they could have announced and have it made sense on this show.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RAW wasn't too bad but wasn't too great either. The commentary by both Cole/Lawler was appualing this week, especially during the Morrison/Barrett match and this really needs to be sorted out. I haven't minded it so much in the past few months but this week it really got to me. I understand this year they've gave the commentators more character involvement into the product but damn.. they're shitting over the matches.

- Nash was brilliant this week. At 50 year's old he looks like more of a badass the more appearences he makes.

- Barrett seems like hes getting a push which is great news.

- Morrison is jobbed out again. Can't say I care

- Ziggler/Ryan feud looks like its in the works.

- A repeated SmackDown tag match from the week before

- Cena spogin' on the mic

- Announcement of Rock/Cena Vs Miz/Truth

Now the thing is. Although it was advertised that Rocky/Cena will be competing in a traditional 5 on 5 match it could still happen. Otherwise if they stick it out as it is with the tag match planned they really need Miz/Truth to be dominant for the next few weeks. As who in their right minds is going to believe Miz/Truth are going to win. This is Rockys first match in 7 years which is a big deal. I feel they should be promoting the fuck out of it and making us hear about it so much that it's pissing us off.

Anyway.. my point is, who on earth is going to think R-Truth/The Miz are gonna win? There must be some turn or what not planned. We can all hope a Cena heel turn but I very much doubt that although it would be fantastic but this discussion happens every few months. Or Rocky costing Cena the match or vise versa

Also another point is, with The Rock coming back for a match some fans who may have not watched the product for a good few years may remember Truth and Miz for being these guys..

kkwik.jpg

tumblr_ll1dhssaS71qhz3c8o1_400.jpg

They tried by having them cost Cena the title but still feels unimportant. Hell they couldn't beat Cena 2 on 1 without cheating so were is the buy in suppose to come from that they have a hope on hell against Cena and the rock??

"Can Cena and Rock co-exist? Also, fucking hell, Rock's wrestling again!" The opponents don't really matter much.

I'd like to see a 5 vs 5 as well, and it could still happen, but Triple H would need to be on 2000 form to recover from last night's attack in time to compete. They didn't even know if he had a pulse!

Yeah, like Chris B said, this definitely seemed like it was leading to a big Survivor Series match with all of the different guys having beef with each other. I'm quite disappointed that isn't really, although I guess nothing has been confirmed yet.

Knowing WWE, they have been building towards it but have switched it up at the last minute. It certainly would make The Rock's return bigger than it is, coming to help rid WWE of the invaders rather than returning for a random tag match. He'll be in the ring at Survivor Series and I guess that this is all that matters. Still hope they change it to a Survivor Series match though.

Anyway, this show was okay. The Nash/HHH segment was pretty great and Punk and Del Rio had a decent promo too. There were a couple of good matches on top of that.

i kept falling in and out of sleep thanks to my new medication. but what i did see was ok.

triple h's selling was awesome that's one thing that i have always loved about hunter he can sell like a fucking top Hollywood actor. i'm also happy nash is back just because im abit of a fan and he is a fresh face on wwe tv.

as a few people have said del rio is falling abit flat as of late i know that vince loves him and so do alot of other people but im struggling to get behind him.

also was so happy ryder was scheduled to be in the main event to get beat down before he could get into the ring :(

lastly the spit on the mic for me who was doped up and extremely tired made me cry with laughder. just thought it was supposed to be serious but that took all seriousness out of it.

if the rock and cena are in a tag match not survivor match im quite exited for that cos you will get more of the rock in ring action and be able to see if he can still go as a kinda teaser to mania

• Paid Members

People don't pay to see a match "they think might go either way!!!" People usually pay to see the result they want or expect. Did anyone ever think Austin was losing to Michaels or Austin lose to Rock in 98/99? People are paying to see the spectacle of Rock and Cena teaming or the Rock turning up and wrestling again. People aren't paying to see them lose.

Anyway, who knows? Rock might have other ideas and leave Cena laying at the end of the night. He's done it before after all. And The Rock could give Cena a kicking and not risk the wrath of the fans. Cena could even attack the Rock and say "thats pay back for WrestleMania" and not turn as well. I doubt its going to be a straight forward Rock n Sock style pairing. People don't want to see them pal up.

• Paid Members
Any who knows? Rock might have other ideas and leave Cena laying at the end of the night

I think that's what they'll do. Send the fans home happy. Same as when Undertaker Tombstoned him at the end of the last Raw they filmed there a few years ago.

Except this time they won't completely forget about it afterwards.

Archived