RAW Discussion Thread

neil

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought triple h's opening speech was ok untill it got all emotional. Which was a bit cheesy and got some ironic awwww's from the crowd

Kevs attack was great. Though I did laugh when triple h slid off the strecher. But kev made it work. Had to tow a bit picking trips up. Actual injury covering for the botched jacknife or just story?

Tag was great. Great bit of improv after the botch from sheamus.

Dolph squash was fine. Punk segment was ok. Not helped by it being full of insider references again(though gotta laugh at x-pac agreeing with him on twitter). Miz and truth were great with their attack of ryder. Really don't see why they couldn't have beaten cena even with a bit of cheating but oh well

Announcement marred a bit by the fact that it was glarelingly obvious. Wonder what happened to the proposed 5 on 5 though?

But any way who gives a crap about the rock. Next week MUPPETS!!!!

Fucking hell. For months, WWE has been advertising Cena and Rock on the same team at Survivor Series. The cliffhanger ending of Raw is Cena asking Rock to team up with him at Survivor Series. Miz and R-Truth are shocked that they might be facing the team who have been on Survivor Series posters together for fucking ages. I hate this sort of shit because it's just so lazy.

• Paid Members

I was expecting a bit of a blockbuster show coming off the PPV but felt it was flat. Apart from the Nash angle, which was well done (and improved by my daughter shouting "He's a nasty man, take him to jail") nothing decent happened. The matches were all inconsequential, Del Rio continues to suck the wind out of everything around him, to quote John Morrison: Lauranitis absolutely sucks.

Agree with Pity, the cliffhanger was awful. Also, forcing Cena and Rock to team up makes much more sense. I'm really disappointed that we're not getting a big 10 man tag involving this lot.

Michael Cole during Sheamus entrance summed up exactly why he's awful. Nothing he says comes across like a commentator should, it's all a shill. There's nothing authentic about it. And after that interminable Cole/Lawler feud, they're now running a JR/Cole feud? No-one cares about this shit.

It was what it was. I enjoyed the Nash/HHH stuff and John L. is getting better on the mic which is positive, and the main event was decent until they stopped the match because of a frickin' water bottle. I also felt cheated out of Ryder getting tossed out of his little main event spot, but not to worry. At least he gets on TV now. It was alright, the crowd was pretty much dead until The Rock's name came out. And for all the wrong reasons, you've got to laugh at all of the promos and even Cena's new line of clothing that they run for the Be A Star anti bullying campaign, followed by the abusive pictures they photoshoped of Jim Ross.

The production was all off aswell, cameras messing up or missing things, and hearing productions guys talking at one point too. And then Cena ruined the "big moment" with his own gob slobbers.

But yes, the show was rubbish. Laurinaitis interrupting every second segment messes with the momentum of the show worse than the anonymous Raw GM alerts did. I couldn't get into the Del Rio/Punk confrontation because you knew Johnny would be tripping over his words during the whole thing. And we get another commentary feud, YIPPEE.

They're gonna have to do a lot better than that if they want a decent build for the PPV, but there's still a while to go.

• Paid Members

That Rock/Cena thing was so bad. They've had months to think about how they get to this and this is how they got there. Very poor. It was fucked when they rushed the Miz/Truth thing, that NOBODY cares about or sees as anything special. Really, they should have made it so The Rock was the returning hero, here to save his beloved WWE from destruction. Doing the unthinkable and teaming up with his enemy, John Cena. Instead we get a tag match against a cold heel act and Cena didn't play up the tension much. This is the second time they've buggered up the announcement of a Rock match (at least this time the crowd reacted).

The rest of Raw was fine. That's the best Nash has looked since his return, can't be arsed with another Nash v Triple H match though. I thought that's the best CM Punk has done in weeks, the crowd were in to him and he was more likeable. Miz is far too campy to be taken seriously as a threat, he's talented but he doesn't help himself most of the time.

• Paid Members

WWE has become really weird with feuds.

Alberto Del Rio cashed in money in the bank with CM Punk, leading to...a feud with John Cena.

Kevin Nash attacks CM Punk, costing him the title, leading to....a feud with HHH.

Miz and R-Truth attack and undermine CM Punk and HHH repeatedly, leading to...a feud with John Cena and The Rock.

Now, I know there have been matches between some of the people I'm talking about (particularly in the last point), but it never felt like any of them got blown off.

I don't know. I'm just finding the show less and less interesting to follow right now, and it's partially because it doesn't feel like what's happening one week is particularly important to the next.

It's not that there isn't fun stuff on there, and it's not that the matches they're building up to aren't interesting. It's not even the fact that it's mainly involving Punk (which I hadn't realised until I wrote it up). It just feels a bit like they're not concentrating on what they're doing, so why should I?

I'm hoping it'll pick up a bit now they've got the feuds running. I've just found the last few weeks very flat.

Yeah I too was dissapointed with the Cena/Rock thing as they did exactly what I didn't think they should or would and that is pretend that they haven't already announced they'll be teaming up and it's only come about just now. I know they wanted to advertise etc but it is just confusing. They hadn't mentioned it on TV but they could have easily done an official announcement at the start of the show that they will team up and then at the end Cena says he doesn't like it but he wants to face Miz and Truth with The Rock. To make matters worse it isn't going to be part of what could have been a stonking 5 vs 5 match with HHH, Nash, Punk etc and with have been a great way to tie some of the summers loose ends up and have Lauranaitis just go full on heel because he's shit at the minute. It being a tag makes it seem a bit more dull and will likely be the usual uneasy tag partners etc. Whether it's because HHH is injured i'm not sure but it's still dissapointing.

HHH/Nash stuff was excellent but again i'd rather it was leading to them being in a 5 vs 5.

EDIT - Reading Chris B's post just clarifies to me that it's absoultely mental that it won't be 5 on 5. There's so much intertwined and unresolved that it seems like they've been building towards just that for months. Oh well

I could tell after the ppv they were not going to have a 5 on 5 match with The Rock. I guess they reckon you can't have the biggest start in wrestling standing on the apron while Kofi Kingston get his stuff in on Christian. I kinda see their point. But my problem with it is, the miz and truth feel like they are not a threat and they've been thrown together at the last minute as fodder. They tried by having them cost Cena the title but still feels unimportant. Hell they couldn't beat Cena 2 on 1 without cheating so were is the buy in suppose to come from that they have a hope on hell against Cena and the rock??

Archived