Ebay related help

ajmcstyles

UKFF,

I'll keep this short and sweet.

I bought a product and it NEVER arrived. The seller refuses to any emails and most recently changed there feedback to private. The seller has sold over 400 items with 2 negative feedback and the rest positive.

Its been over 10 days and I've reported the seller to ebay and will be getting my money back. Ebay say they need to contact the seller but as mentioned the seller is refusing to answer any emails and phone calls. I have paid through paypal and the sellers account is still open.

From previous experiences how long does it take to get your money back from the sellers when items dont turn up?

I havent used eBay in a very long time because of reasons like this but from memory it can take around 30 days as they have to wait sufficient time before accepting that the seller either isnt going to respond or to allow a decent amount of time for the item to arrive. Its shit, but thats eBay.

I'd won/bought somthing on eBay but the fucked didn't send it and then deleted his account but I got my money back off paypal.

Paypal should be the only way you do business on eBay its so interlinked and there is an easy trail of what suposed to happen.

Hope it turns out ok for you :-)

• Paid Members

I got a "refund". I say that in speech marks because the seller said she couldn't do refunds so sent me a payment, meaning around 50p went to Paypal. Not really fussed about a meagre amount, it just struck me as a bit odd that someone with 100% and 400+ positives wouldn't use a refund option.

if you haven`t received the item and put in an `item not received` dispute then you`ll get a refund, regardless of a tracking number or not. It is not the fault of the buyer that they haven`t received the item.

A tracking number means absolutely nothing to ebay. The tracking number is for the sender to claim any insurance from royal mail, it is not the buyers responsibility to chase royal mail.

If, like this situation, you`ve bought an item and didn`t receive any communication from the seller then obviously the seller didnt send it and is sticking their head in the sand, hoping you`ll go away. But ebay will side with the buyer and get a refund.

Paypal is owned and operated by ebay so it`s all linked together. So when you put in a dispute the funds are locked down by paypal from the sellers account so it is within the sellers best interests to keep a paper trail.

If your a seller send everything by at least recorded, certificate of postage is useless. Recorded delivery signed for by the recipient shows delivery and gives you evidence for any `non received item` claims.

There is absolutely nothing stopping a buyer claiming they haven`t received the item and getting a refund! Send everything by at least Recorded delivery. Any item of value (like a

if you haven`t received the item and put in an `item not received` dispute then you`ll get a refund, regardless of a tracking number or not. It is not the fault of the buyer that they haven`t received the item.

A tracking number means absolutely nothing to ebay. The tracking number is for the sender to claim any insurance from royal mail, it is not the buyers responsibility to chase royal mail.

If, like this situation, you`ve bought an item and didn`t receive any communication from the seller then obviously the seller didnt send it and is sticking their head in the sand, hoping you`ll go away. But ebay will side with the buyer and get a refund.

Paypal is owned and operated by ebay so it`s all linked together. So when you put in a dispute the funds are locked down by paypal from the sellers account so it is within the sellers best interests to keep a paper trail.

If your a seller send everything by at least recorded, certificate of postage is useless. Recorded delivery signed for by the recipient shows delivery and gives you evidence for any `non received item` claims.

There is absolutely nothing stopping a buyer claiming they haven`t received the item and getting a refund! Send everything by at least Recorded delivery. Any item of value (like a

Well another day has passed still no communication from the seller. I dont think he has any intention in contacting me or ebay. Will ebay just take the money from his account if the seller just plain refuses to do anything.

Well another day has passed still no communication from the seller. I dont think he has any intention in contacting me or ebay. Will ebay just take the money from his account if the seller just plain refuses to do anything.

As asserted above Ebay iirc will pay you directly and reclaim the money from the seller if they find in your favour, which they will if you submit an Item not recieved claim

As asserted above Ebay iirc will pay you directly and reclaim the money from the seller if they find in your favour, which they will if you submit an Item not recieved claim

I have submitted a "Item Not Recieved Claim".

The seller has until the 2nd of Nov to respond.

If the seller has not replied by then ebay say I have to escalate the problem

The case will automatically close on the 2nd of December

I have submitted a Item Not Recieved Claim and it's in the process of being considered. He had until the 2nd of Nov to respond. If he hadn't replied, I would have to esculate the problem. The case will automatically close on the 2nd of December.

Jeez, that was a hard read.

I'm drunk, so please exclude any glaring omissions!

I'm sure will be settled before closed. Its very rare that Ebay take the full amount of time to settle on these cases.

Archived