Dolph Ziggler is just tremendous

ShortOrderCook

• Paid Members

I'm totally sold on the name, always have. I think most of the names churned from the WWE name-randomizer are awful, such as Seth Rollins, but I've always liked Dolph Ziggler. Is it a bit of a silly name? Yes, sure. It's still good though IMO. I don't mind his finisher as much, as he can hit it virtually out of nowhere and it can look good, but I think it is a bit of a modified stock-finisher. Anything which varies from the Flatliner/complete shit/grab-opponent-by-the-head-and-fall-backwards formula is done too much. Like R-Truth's finisher.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I really like him. He's a good promo. In fact he's better than good because he's a convincing promo. He's been having cracking matches for most of the past 2 years, his name makes him stand out and his look is ace. Whoever decided he should have his hair cut recently is a mong.

I agree with CVD and NEWM though. Vickie doesn't do him any favours. There is no doubt that Vickie is over more than any heel in the company. However, unlike a Bobby Heenan or Jimmy Hart, that heat doesn't rub off on her charges. They are in a catch 22 situation at the moment though. Dolph is a natural born heel but dumping Vickie would make him a babyface.

Booker T is worst thing about everyone.

Dolph is excellent, I think anybody would be hard pressed to find a bad match with him in over the past two years. His name isn't anywhere near as bad as people make out either, a lot of previous world champions have had ridiculous names. Hell, Hunter Hearst Helmsley has held it like 10 times and his name is closer to resembling a Loony Toons villian trather han a wrestling badass.

• Paid Members
I'm totally sold on the name, always have. I think most of the names churned from the WWE name-randomizer are awful, such as Seth Rollins

Seth Rollins is pretty good. Far better than the utterly generic 'Tyler Black,' which he lumbered himself with.

He's absolutely tremendous and always consistent. He's had some of the best matches of the last two years easily. Rey at Summerslam, Daniel Bryan, gave Cena some great ones that felt 'different' to a regular Cena borefest late last year, made Edge interesting again and has had great TV matches with Orton and was awesome in '09 TV matches with Morrison, Punk, Masters, Finlay etc.

Best bumper going. He can do no wrong, he just needs a mega push. He's always underutilised and lumped with somebody far less interesting like Swagger.

Ziggler is main event material and should be treated as such. He needs a proper programme and awesome video packages, not getting smacked around by Mason Ryan and having endless matches with Kofi.

• Paid Members
I'm totally sold on the name, always have. I think most of the names churned from the WWE name-randomizer are awful, such as Seth Rollins

Seth Rollins is pretty good. Far better than the utterly generic 'Tyler Black,' which he lumbered himself with.

They're both shit names to be fair. Seth Rollins?? Christ almighty! But yes, Tyler Black isn't particularly better.

• Paid Members

Rollins invokes cool people, Sunny Rollins, Henry Rollins. Plus it's just a decent sounding name. It's not inherently ridiculous like a lot of developmental names. I don't know why anyone would think it was shit really?

He should be fairly high in the PS50 I hope.

Who gives a fuck. This is about how awesome Dolph is, not about whether Fin Martin whacks one out over him.

It was a compliment, meaning I think he is great so I think he will be high in this years PS50.

• Paid Members
He should be fairly high in the PS50 I hope.

Who gives a fuck. This is about how awesome Dolph is, not about whether Fin Martin whacks one out over him.

It was a compliment, meaning I think he is great so I think he will be high in this years PS50.

It's not a compliment, though, because Fin Martin's a tosser and nobody gives a shit what he thinks.

Archived