Dolph Ziggler is just tremendous

ShortOrderCook

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Cena/Punk from MITB, his match with Edge was probably my favourite match this year. I'm not quite as high on his promos as some people are, and am actually starting to subcribe to Cleets' long held view that Vickie is overshadowing talent, but I love how consistent he is in-ring, in that proper Curt Hennig or Bret Hart sort of way. He's not got the Shawn Michaels flair, but considering the modern-day extra carefully structured WWE style, I love how he works the crowd and can adapt in sensible way with his moveset. He also seems able to gel with any opponent. He's a billion times the wrestler John Morrison or Kofi Kingston (pre-Air Boom) are, for example.

Fatastic stuff.The more love shown for Ziggler the better.

His bumping is second to none,his matches are always entertaining and despite what people say has bags of charisma.

His spots on Z! True Long island Story are wickedly entertaining.He deserves a proper main event run too.

His fued with Edge earlier this year proved he can cut it at the top.

Let's spread the Dolph love :rolleyes:

• Paid Members

Yep, love watching him wrestle and his overall character has come on leaps and bounds the last year or two. I just wish he had a better finisher. I try to convince myself that the Zig Zag looks effective but it really doesn't.

Always liked him since he debuted, and happy to hear he's improved - I've not watched Smackdown in about 3 years, or much Raw either. I think his look is great, his wrestling is top drawer, but...

Pffff..... the name, man. I bet whoever decided to give him that name really regrets it now. They should have done the Johnny Nitro thing and just renamed him the moment they realised he was main event material. I honestly think the name will hold him back from ever being a perennial champ.

I really liked his debut against Batista, but hated his time on Smackdown where his talent showed but he was symbolic of the lazy writing and just had storyless rematch after rematch against Morrison and Kofi. That continued for a bit on Raw as well, but since he started knocking about with Swagger, I've really started to enjoy his stuff every week. I don't think the name is bad, either. It's not even as corny as a thousand iconic wrestling names have been.

• Paid Members

They're allowing him to get more of his personality across on the mic (or they're giving him better material), which is helping him hugely. Anybody that's seen him doing the media rounds, knows he's an ultra confident talker who is witty.

I've always been a fan of him since he became Dolph Ziggler. The boy works hard, bumping around, making everybody look great.

The name is a shame though, on Loki's point, they should have changed it when they gave him a shit make over a few months back.

didnt realise there was a ziggler thread just posted this inthe vengeance thread: ive noticed over the last few weeks a star on the rise im talking about dolph ziggler no fancy new moves or ring attire just purely all the little things he keeps doing really well his selling and bumping are first class and his ring leadership is growing weak by weak. couple of weeks ago on raw he completely took oveer the match when the bumbling mason ryan forgot everything he just took the lead and took great bumps to try make ryan look good i think this guy in the last few months has growed leaps and bounds and last night u could just sense the confidence and potential in this guy. im predicting(and i hope im right) big things for mr ziggles.

Pffff..... the name, man. I bet whoever decided to give him that name really regrets it now. They should have done the Johnny Nitro thing and just renamed him the moment they realised he was main event material. I honestly think the name will hold him back from ever being a perennial champ.

At first, I really didn't like his name at all, but it's grown on me over the years. I think it's a cool name, definitely sets him apart from the increasingly generic John Morrison / Mason Ryan / Heath Slater's that pollute the mid-card.

His bumping is fantastic, his promo work is definitely improving and that match with Danielson is the best match WWE put on last year.

He is indeed tremendous.

Archived