Orange Broadband - No Fair Usage?

Dai

From what Ive been reading on their website, it seems as if Orange Broadband no longer have a fair usage policy. I thought they had the usual 'Unlimited.... fair usage applies' deal, but I cant see anything about a usage cap on their websites T+C. Am I missing something here?

http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/support/...work-management

http://www.orange.co.uk/images/editorial/B...cev7-280910.pdf

Neither of these bring up the usual 40 gig a month usage cap.

Orange have absolutely no fair usage policy. You also get 0845/0870 numbers inclusive if you take a calls + broadband package. Caller ID is included too. You get a discount if you're with Orange and if you're not with Orange you can just buy a pay as you go SIM card and put a tenner on there and that makes you eligible for the monthly discount. It's number 1 for customer satisfaction as well. It's the best home broadband out there basically.

Wow, thats pretty sweet. How long has it been like that? Two years ago a friend (...) downloaded every episode of the XFiles in a month, and got a letter saying they had gone over the 40gb a month cap, since then, theyve made sure about keeping within that limit. Something as good as proper unlimited would be something I thought they'd have announced well.

It's number 1 for customer satisfaction as well. It's the best home broadband out there basically.

Unless you want to use your Internet connection to play games online via Xbox live.

Agreed on that, I had a ping of 85 at the best of times. I kept getting killed by people who I didn't see before I got killed. And of course the disconnects. :(

• Paid Members

Or if you want a crappy router that doesn't pick up more than 2 or 3 things. There billing is horrible and from my experience there customer service is even worse.

They're number one for customer satisfaction - a title given to them by Ofcom so they can't have too bad customer service. Orange home broadband used to be shit. Their customer service satisfaction was something like 43% but now it's top with 70-something percent.

You have to buy a Netgear router which is

Add me to the Orange suck

Was with them when they were Freeserve, through Wannadoo and then amalgamated/rebranded into Orange.

Forced changes and rewrote stuff on the fly, customer service was abysmal. Always pushing to sell 'extras' like mobile phones, extra broadband deals, home phone and converting from dial up to broadband at the time. Ceaseless and relentless when you didnt need them useless when you did

Fucked them off went to o2, never looked back.

I'm with Be*, and apart from the router dying/rebooting every so often and occasional terrible performance (though this has vastly improved over the last couple of years), they're really good. I'd be surprised if I use under 40GB a month, never had any naughty letters about it.

I'm with Orange and have never had a problem with them. I've never had connection drop off, online PS3 gaming works fine and the only time I've had to call their helpline, the dude on the end of the phone was excellent. Costs a tenner a month as the wife has her mobile through them.

I was with Sky before them, and had nothing but problems when I moved house.

The contract is for 12 months now as opposed to 18 months. They won't increase the price whilst in the contract either. I've heard people say BT has done that to them. As long as you keep the mobile phone package going that gives you the discount, you'll stay at the same price. Also some companiea have more expensive line rental - like BT's is

Archived