Chris Jericho to return...?

TildeGuy~!

This is 2011, do you not think Chris Jericho is a little bit dated, a little bit old to be getting excited over? The wrestling business can't progress if fans keep looking for all these older stars to keep making returns, even the thought of Undertaker coming back is putting me off Wrestlemania and it's not even 2012 yet! By all means hope for a Chris Jericho return but feuds with Orton? Undertaker? Mark Henry heck even CM Punk? Either one of those men = main event. In this day and age he should be nowhere near the main events. So it's no different then? Just the same old same old.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't he return and fued right off the bat with Orton last time... With the whole 'Me Want Title Match' bit?

I agree on Punk. Heel Jericho vs Face Punk could really get Punk more over with the kids. Jericho was a great heel last time. I remember in the UK where he got the avalanche of glowsticks, so it could work.

Miz, again, if they wanted to get him over as a face.

I don't know what context him vs 'Taker could be in. Perhaps Jericho is 'The Best In The World at what he does, but all he needs to do is beat Taker' though that's a complete rehash of the past 3 years really.

D-Bry would be a great match - and a believeable cash in. It would deffo result in a 'passing of the torch' moment too.

This is 2011, do you not think Chris Jericho is a little bit dated, a little bit old to be getting excited over? The wrestling business can't progress if fans keep looking for all these older stars to keep making returns, even the thought of Undertaker coming back is putting me off Wrestlemania and it's not even 2012 yet! By all means hope for a Chris Jericho return but feuds with Orton? Undertaker? Mark Henry heck even CM Punk? Either one of those men = main event. In this day and age he should be nowhere near the main events. So it's no different then? Just the same old same old.

It's names like Jericho that increase buyrates for PPV's, so that is why they would want him back. Also he makes others look good, thus helping establish them. Personally a Jericho/Bryan feud would be most welcone. It would bring Bryan back from the dead, and give alot of people a dream match.

• Paid Members

Can't say I care less about Jericho to be honest. Not looking forward to his eventual return either. He's always struck me as a big time Charlie. He's a very good wrestler, but I don't think he's half as good as he thinks. He'll make no different to the TV in the positive. He's never been a PPV draw either, so its not like Batista coming back. They'll stick him in a feud with Miz probably.

Exactly, stick him with a Daniel Bryan maybe just before the second hour of Raw starts or something. Give people a good wrestling match. But for people to sit and suggest the names they have, names that are at the forefront of WWE TV right for better or worse....working with Jericho is a step backwards. OK John Cena and Randy Orton are always gonna be the big stars, everyone is really a warmup act until they come out but Chris Jericho should be nowhere near any main events. Guys like Miz, Alberto, R Truth, even CM Punk, are all finding their feet right now, they're all getting a taste of what it's like to be the focal part of WWE TV and so they should be. As much as Chris Jericho is good in the ring and entertaining to watch, he has nothing else to prove or do. These guys i just mentioned are the focal points of WWE Raw. People watch Raw and talk about them every single week. It's not great and it's not particularly exciting to watch either but at least it's a step in the right direction. Keeping these older guys on TV is what makes WWE lazy. They need to get out that habit and give these younger guys something to do, something fresh, something we haven't seen before. I'm exhausted just thinking about another 15 minute Chris Jericho match in heel mode with the audience sitting on their hands.

Either way, he needs freshened up. The character was getting stale towards the end of his last run and by freshened up i mean a new look, new moveset, no more big fancy words during promos, no more silly haircut. The whole character is stale and needs changing and maybe some extra wrestling lessons so that we don't need to sit and listen to him calling spots all the way through the match. That makes me cringe too.

Can't say I care less about Jericho to be honest. Not looking forward to his eventual return either. He's always struck me as a big time Charlie. He's a very good wrestler, but I don't think he's half as good as he thinks. He'll make no different to the TV in the positive. He's never been a PPV draw either, so its not like Batista coming back. They'll stick him in a feud with Miz probably.

You mean Brock, right? ;)

IMO Jericho has been missed. Yeah, he isn't Batista but he's an excellent upper midcarder who can make anybody look decent. That and he's a superstar the fans actually care about, something lacking from WWEs midcard.

The more they resort to bringing back old names people care about, the less they'll focus on making people care about the newer talent. And it's not like Jericho's The Rock, coming back after years away and bringing in new interest. Jericho does sod all for business, and he hasn't been gone long enough to make much of an impact. I think the only person on the roster now who wasn't on it when Jericho left is Sin Cara.

• Paid Members
IMO Jericho has been missed. Yeah, he isn't Batista but he's an excellent upper midcarder who can make anybody look decent. That and he's a superstar the fans actually care about, something lacking from WWEs midcard.

The more they resort to bringing back old names people care about, the less they'll focus on making people care about the newer talent. And it's not like Jericho's The Rock, coming back after years away and bringing in new interest. Jericho does sod all for business, and he hasn't been gone long enough to make much of an impact. I think the only person on the roster now who wasn't on it when Jericho left is Sin Cara.

I agree, WWE are going the lazy way by getting all the old names back and as I said Jericho isn't Batista, but Jericho is still an excellent addition to the roster. He gives the company much needed depth.

As a huge Jericho fan I'd like to see him back on our screens but I don't think his return is paramount to the WWE at the minute. Punk, Christian, Sheamus, Miz, Truth and Rhodes' stock have risen considerably since Jericho's departure last year and I think that the hole that was in the main event scene just before Jericho's 2007 is nowhere near as big now.

I don't see Jericho returning as a necessity, nor as something that will 'save' WWE, but I do genuinely think he's a very good guy to have on any talent roster.

He can have great matches with anyone, he's fantastic on the mic, and if used in the right way he could be useful.

Archived