Favourite movie martial arts scenes.

Murtz

• Paid Members

I watched Enter the Dragon again last night, and still to this day the Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris fight is one of my favourite fights of all time. Everything about it just gets my juices flowing, from the way they test each other out at the start, to Norris getting the upper hand, to Lee becoming light on his feet and ruining Norris' chest hair. Its just inch perfect.

Whats your favourite fight scene?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
It's the way of the dragon isn't it?

Indeed, or Return Of The Dragon to give it its US title.

Enter The Dragon is a bit of a paradox. Taken apart, it's a bloody terrible film. The script is awful, the acting is wooden, the direction is poor, and Bruce isn't even at his best, yet it's still THE martial arts movie.

Yuen Wah is on top form in it though, as is Shek Kihn hamming it up as Mr Han, despite only being able to recite his lines phonetically.

• Paid Members
Anyway, I could have picked one of many, but here's the
. I bloody love all of the Police Story films; Jackie Chan at his best.

That's bloody fantastic, not seen it for ages. You can't beat Police Story, but I love Project A even more:-

Not strictly a martial arts scene, that, but this is:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYf3bugKozw...feature=related

• Awards Moderator
You can't beat Police Story, but I love Project A even more:-

Holy shit. Until the first second of that clip I was wondering what it was going to be, then as soon as I saw Chan grab the bike I instantly remembered seeing it when I was at Uni with a couple of mates who were media students. They used to bring loads of martial arts films home from the library and me and the rest of the house became fascinated by them. I'm pretty annoyed at myself for never continuing to watch the genre after I got booted out of Uni (no more free films :(), apart from the Police Story series. I'm going to download Project A now; I remember loving it but it's been so long since I've seen it, it'll be like watching it for the first time again. Good work as usual, Gladders.

Any more recommendations for me to have a gander at?

• Paid Members
You can't beat Police Story, but I love Project A even more:-

Holy shit. Until the first second of that clip I was wondering what it was going to be, then as soon as I saw Chan grab the bike I instantly remembered seeing it when I was at Uni with a couple of mates who were media students. They used to bring loads of martial arts films home from the library and me and the rest of the house became fascinated by them. I'm pretty annoyed at myself for never continuing to watch the genre after I got booted out of Uni (no more free films :(), apart from the Police Story series. I'm going to download Project A now; I remember loving it but it's been so long since I've seen it, it'll be like watching it for the first time again. Good work as usual, Gladders.

Any more recommendations for me to have a gander at?

You can actually get the full Project A on YouTube:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0W-i2yvdWY...feature=related

All the other parts are linked. Not great quality, but if you're like me and don't care as long as you can see it alright. It is the dubbed one, though.

The sequel is excellent as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K19qyjUdOK0

All parts linked as well.

Funnily enough, I went through a big Jackie Chan phase at uni and then moved on to other things after a while. But I remember Wheels On Meals, City Hunter, both Armour Of God films and Rumble In The Bronx being really good. It's probably inspired me to start watching them again myself!

• Paid Members

I remember seeing Ong Bak for the first time and thinking it was one of the most mental, craziest martial arts films I'd ever seen. Isn't Tony Jaa a monk somewhere now? I'm sure he's quit filming/martial arts training and he's either gone mental or gone into a forest. Or both.

• Awards Moderator
Funnily enough, I went through a big Jackie Chan phase at uni and then moved on to other things after a while. But I remember Wheels On Meals, City Hunter, both Armour Of God films and Rumble In The Bronx being really good. It's probably inspired me to start watching them again myself!

Cheers for that. I've just found a torrent with his full back catalogue so have got it on the way down. Er, I mean it's in the post on the way from the shop. That's the next few months' viewing sorted!

Archived