Ebay Resolution Centre

King Pitcos

Bought something on Ebay that hasn't turned up. Hong Kong seller said it'd be 25-30 days, and I knew a few other people had bought it and none turned up. Seller was giving dodgy responses as well, so after 35 days, I opened an Ebay dispute. Seller's responded, saying the estimated arrival time was 31-40 days. He's also getting more and more bad feedback for the same item, he's been sending out empty envelopes and fake tracking numbers. I've responded saying I want a full refund.

What happens from here? After 8 days, I can escalate the claim. Are Ebay likely to decide in my favour, and how long does the process take in getting your money back? What happens if the seller closes their Ebay account before then?

Don't know if I should have opened a Paypal dispute instead, I've heard they're a lot better dealing with the disputes. But because I'd opened the Ebay one, Paypal wouldn't let me do one on there as well.

Bought something on Ebay that hasn't turned up. Hong Kong seller said it'd be 25-30 days, and I knew a few other people had bought it and none turned up. Seller was giving dodgy responses as well, so after 35 days, I opened an Ebay dispute. Seller's responded, saying the estimated arrival time was 31-40 days. He's also getting more and more bad feedback for the same item, he's been sending out empty envelopes and fake tracking numbers. I've responded saying I want a full refund.

What happens from here? After 8 days, I can escalate the claim. Are Ebay likely to decide in my favour, and how long does the process take in getting your money back? What happens if the seller closes their Ebay account before then?

Don't know if I should have opened a Paypal dispute instead, I've heard they're a lot better dealing with the disputes. But because I'd opened the Ebay one, Paypal wouldn't let me do one on there as well.

Do both ( Paypal and Ebay), they are interlinked anyway, but may as well cover your own back so you dont lose out. If there is no way of proving anything from the sellers pov, you will probs get your cash back no worries. Ebay in general tend to find in favour of the buyer anyway as you have to jump through a zillion hoops to prove anything the other way.

The refund will come from Paypal directly if the seller hasnt got the funds in their account and they will then reclaim the monies paid to you for the refund from them.

I opened one up a few months ago for pretty much the exact same reason. It was really annoying at first because for the first 14 days or so all they do contact the seller, so if you're desperate for your money back it's a bit frustrating. I got a full refund from eBay after the 14 days though.

I don't think there's much difference between a Paypal and eBay dispute. I only opened one up (can't remember which one) and, like you said, the other one wouldn't let me open another.

Cheers for the replies, lads. All should be well, then.

Do both ( Paypal and Ebay), they are interlinked anyway

Because of the interlinking, I can't. If I try to dispute it on Paypal, it just says "you have already disputed this transaction on Ebay" or some such and won't let me proceed.

Archived