Custom Championship Belts

I would not advise anyone to buy this persons work, whilst he may be legitimate, the quality of the work done does not reflect on the already cheap prices he is offering. In the example belt he has used stolen/unfinished artwork which has been floating around the web for years and the etching/plating is poor along with a substandard 'leather' strap.

I apologise if I offend you and your business, Classic Championship Belts but not even giving out a name or even a vague location seems a bit funny to me and with that I am only telling the truth.

If I were a prospective buyer I'd throw an extra bit of cash in the pot and go to Christian Lons of Belt Performance - Belt Performance Website who is based out of Germany. The quality of his work speaks for itself and you will see the massive quality between the two. Notable customers for Christian include BAMMA and the WXW promotion.

Don't be fooled by the price, you get what you pay for.

• Paid Members
I apologise if I offend you and your business, Classic Championship Belts but not even giving out a name or even a vague location seems a bit funny to me and with that I am only telling the truth.

Warwickshire. Nick D. It's on the ebay link.

Excuse me for being a bit paranoid or suspicious but that could be anyones e-bay link and the fact that the auction has ended leaves more question marks.

Another thing which sets the alarm bells off is that he would take belts in against the price of one of his creations, smacks of a scam. I've seen damn plenty of them in my time and decent beltmakers would not take in a belt unless they knew they could make decent money on them. Even then it is a rare occurrance.

Could just be me, but I like to know who I'm doing business with from the get go.

EDIT: Also no website, facebook page... nothing?

Excuse me for being a bit paranoid or suspicious but that could be anyones e-bay link and the fact that the auction has ended leaves more question marks.

Another thing which sets the alarm bells off is that he would take belts in against the price of one of his creations, smacks of a scam. I've seen damn plenty of them in my time and decent beltmakers would not take in a belt unless they knew they could make decent money on them. Even then it is a rare occurrance.

Could just be me, but I like to know who I'm doing business with from the get go.

If people need any information, then I'm here to ask. If you look at the ebay auction it was ended because I accepted an offer. It clearly shows this on the page. I offer the trade in deal as an incentive, its not a catch all. If the belt is beat up and not usable then I wont take it. Also, I dont use facebook and my website is in the process of being created. Furthermore, my prices reflect the fact that I am not a top level belt maker, I make no claims otherwise. As for the artwork, I didnt steal if if thats what you are implying. It was supplied by the company I buy the plates from. You seem to think you have more information, so please let me know who it was stolen from?

0Any more questions, ask away, but please do not cry scam before you have all the facts. All my details are in the ebay listing.

Again, if anyone needs any more information, please email me.

If people need any information, then I'm here to ask. If you look at the ebay auction it was ended because I accepted an offer. It clearly shows this on the page. I offer the trade in deal as an incentive, its not a catch all. If the belt is beat up and not usable then I wont take it. Also, I dont use facebook and my website is in the process of being created. Furthermore, my prices reflect the fact that I am not a top level belt maker, I make no claims otherwise. As for the artwork, I didnt steal if if thats what you are implying. It was supplied by the company I buy the plates from. You seem to think you have more information, so please let me know who it was stolen from?

0Any more questions, ask away, but please do not cry scam before you have all the facts. All my details are in the ebay listing.

Then start, it costs nothing and is probably just as good if not better an idea than a website these days.

I'm not crying scam, what I said is that it smacks of a scam. I wish you nothing but well if your intentions are good but having seen this type of situation happen many a time throughout the years then you'd know why I look at you with this view.

As for the e-bay thing, that could be anyone's account and you could be riding off the back of that, who knows?

The thing is with this is that you're supposed to be selling yourself to us, not us having to chase you over everything. From the get go, you should be/have clear, concise information and not leave open ends. Why should we have to jump through hoops to get information from you? It just seems that you're lazy, unprepared or have something to hide. What gets me is that you can manage to upload photos to an e-bay account but can't do it on a forum? Do you have any other examples to show us?

It doesn't matter whether you're a top beltmaker or not, I can't see how you'll make money from any of this espescially if you do a trade in on an order. What worries me on this aspect is that you'll either sell yourself or the customer short. The prices don't make any sense unless you are using substandard materials. Which checking your e-bay history, you are. JB Weld bro? That's low, damn low.

No plater, cutter, etcher will ever give you artwork... ever which leads me to think that you bought the plates as they were and did a turn around on this. Pakistan maybe? What made me think of this is when I read the e-bay description:

Tired of mass produced, cheap replicas belts? Looking to treat yourself with a real, hand crafted Championship Belt? If so, this is the right auction for you.

For sale is a real, deeply etched and Nickel plated silver version of the famouse Big Gold World Heavyweight Championship belt, professionally etched in 4mm zinc and with real blue and clear Swarovski Crystals. The belt is very heavy and has a real hand crafted leather strap. I will be honest here, the strap is not perfect. Upon inspecting it I've found that I haven't bevelled the edges on some parts perfectly straight, but this is only apparent if you look really close.

This is not a cheap mass produced Figures Inc replica that have the details stamped, a great deal of skill went into crafting this belt. There is no logo on the belt, so it can be used for either an indy fed, or would make a fantastic addition to a private collection.

Look at ths pictures to see the shine this has, this belt has one of the most reflective finishes I have ever seen on a real championship belt, although the pictures do not do the belt justice. It really does have to be seen in person to be appreicated fully.

If you meant to do a decent job, you wouldn't have waited in finishing the strap to inspect it for dodgy bevelling, an honest man would have took the loss and restarted the strap again.

As for your parting piece on the description, I know you have to sell your product but if that is one of the most reflective finishes on a belt you've ever seen, you've never seen a proper belt.

Good luck.

I'm not crying scam, what I said is that it smacks of a scam. I wish you nothing but well if your intentions are good but having seen this type of situation happen many a time throughout the years then you'd know why I look at you with this view.

As for the e-bay thing, that could be anyone's account and you could be riding off the back of that, who knows?

The thing is with this is that you're supposed to be selling yourself to us, not us having to chase you over everything. From the get go, you should be/have clear, concise information and not leave open ends. Why should we have to jump through hoops to get information from you? It just seems that you're lazy, unprepared or have something to hide. What gets me is that you can manage to upload photos to an e-bay account but can't do it on a forum? Do you have any other examples to show us?

It doesn't matter whether you're a top beltmaker or not, I can't see how you'll make money from any of this espescially if you do a trade in on an order. What worries me on this aspect is that you'll either sell yourself or the customer short. The prices don't make any sense unless you are using substandard materials. Which checking your e-bay history, you are. JB Weld bro? That's low, damn low.

No plater, cutter, etcher will ever give you artwork... ever which leads me to think that you bought the plates as they were and did a turn around on this. Pakistan maybe? What made me think of this is when I read the e-bay description:

Tired of mass produced, cheap replicas belts? Looking to treat yourself with a real, hand crafted Championship Belt? If so, this is the right auction for you.

For sale is a real, deeply etched and Nickel plated silver version of the famouse Big Gold World Heavyweight Championship belt, professionally etched in 4mm zinc and with real blue and clear Swarovski Crystals. The belt is very heavy and has a real hand crafted leather strap. I will be honest here, the strap is not perfect. Upon inspecting it I've found that I haven't bevelled the edges on some parts perfectly straight, but this is only apparent if you look really close.

This is not a cheap mass produced Figures Inc replica that have the details stamped, a great deal of skill went into crafting this belt. There is no logo on the belt, so it can be used for either an indy fed, or would make a fantastic addition to a private collection.

Look at ths pictures to see the shine this has, this belt has one of the most reflective finishes I have ever seen on a real championship belt, although the pictures do not do the belt justice. It really does have to be seen in person to be appreicated fully.

If you meant to do a decent job, you wouldn't have waited in finishing the strap to inspect it for dodgy bevelling, an honest man would have took the loss and restarted the strap again.

As for your parting piece on the description, I know you have to sell your product but if that is one of the most reflective finishes on a belt you've ever seen, you've never seen a proper belt.

Good luck.

Why are you digging this guy out...if you know more than you are willing to say you should share it. However to me it seems you are reading into a situation a little bit more than you should.

At those prices he is not using the best materials and maybe he is in his early stages of making belts etc and is gaining the experience.

On the note of saying 'If you meant to do a decent job, you wouldn't have waited in finishing the strap to inspect it for dodgy bevelling, an honest man would have took the loss and restarted the strap again.' To be fair he probably wanted to sell the strap so whacked it up on ebay highlighting it's faults...that's honest in my book.

Unless you have a real reason to call this a scam you should just be quiet.

Why are you digging this guy out...if you know more than you are willing to say you should share it. However to me it seems you are reading into a situation a little bit more than you should.

At those prices he is not using the best materials and maybe he is in his early stages of making belts etc and is gaining the experience.

On the note of saying 'If you meant to do a decent job, you wouldn't have waited in finishing the strap to inspect it for dodgy bevelling, an honest man would have took the loss and restarted the strap again.' To be fair he probably wanted to sell the strap so whacked it up on ebay highlighting it's faults...that's honest in my book.

I'm 'digging' him out because practices like his are ten a penny in beltmaking and 99.9% fail within the first year. Not only that, it just takes another pound and pence from the people who have actually been doing it for years and worked hard in their craft. Why should anyone pay for his mistakes?

There is a guy up in Scotland by the name of Paul Martin who is the complete opposite of this guy. He put his own money into getting up to scratch and never asked no-one for a dime or to pay for inexperienced mistakes. He took the time to learn the craft, study how to do things, put the money in and then threw himself out there offering his releathering services. He started off on youtube and branched out from there.

This guy could be legit and good luck if he is but nothing adds up properly and the minimal proof makes it even more suspicious.

The top and bottom of this is that this guy has come out of nowhere claiming to be able to make belts with only an e-bay link as proof and no-one thinks that it's a bit suspect?

I'm looking out for people because I'm a massive belt mark and seen plenty fall into this. I'll nay keep quiet, I've got a right to my view and I will excercise it.

If you want to learn more about belts and read through countless situations like this, sign yourself up to BELT TALK and search for yourself. Like I said before I've seen this with the likes of Paul Bledsoe, Elgin Moore and quite a few others. I'm just trying to educate people about not getting scammed or falling for an inferior product when it comes to belts.

I'm 'digging' him out because practices like his are ten a penny in beltmaking and 99.9% fail within the first year. Not only that, it just takes another pound and pence from the people who have actually been doing it for years and worked hard in their craft. Why should anyone pay for his mistakes?

There is a guy up in Scotland by the name of Paul Martin who is the complete opposite of this guy. He put his own money into getting up to scratch and never asked no-one for a dime or to pay for inexperienced mistakes. He took the time to learn the craft, study how to do things, put the money in and then threw himself out there offering his releathering services. He started off on youtube and branched out from there.

This guy could be legit and good luck if he is but nothing adds up properly and the minimal proof makes it even more suspicious.

The top and bottom of this is that this guy has come out of nowhere claiming to be able to make belts with only an e-bay link as proof and no-one thinks that it's a bit suspect?

I'm looking out for people because I'm a massive belt mark and seen plenty fall into this. I'll nay keep quiet, I've got a right to my view and I will excercise it.

If you want to learn more about belts and read through countless situations like this, sign yourself up to BELT TALK and search for yourself. Like I said before I've seen this with the likes of Paul Bledsoe, Elgin Moore and quite a few others. I'm just trying to educate people about not getting scammed or falling for an inferior product when it comes to belts.

Duly noted

So I'll start here by making my side of whats turned out to be an argument Shaine/Rule One. I'm a member of Belttalk also. All I see from what you've posted here are copied/pasted opinions from that forum, because its the cool thing to do is rip something to pieces.

What the hell does it have to do with you if I bought JB Weld? Where does is it state that this absolutely has to be for a belt? Do you mention the burnishing gum, the wood slicker, the revolving hole punch. No, because this doesnt fit what you've got in your head already about me. Look through my ebay history all you will, your type will only find faults no matter what is presented to you. I'm not sure if you are trying to goad me into arguing or trying to score points by presenting yourself as a guy who is "in the know" about belts both on here and Belt talk. Maybe I didnt give enough info to begin with. Fair enough. My mistake, but to immediately put me in the same bracket as Paul Bledsoe and Elgin Moore is just wrong. You neglect to mention that I'm only offering nickel at the minute. I'll spell this out, I aren't offering Gold because I cannot offer that at the minute. If I weren't being honest, I'd be offering gold, dual plated. Anything you can think of.

1. You claim this is stolen artwork, but cant provide where it was stolen from. Another copied/pasted opinion.

2. Where have I asked for a penny to pay for my mistakes? I paid for everything, all the kit I needed and the plates to make the belt out of my own pocket. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have been able to make it in the first place.

3. Belt making/collecting is not a holy grail activity. It is a service and a hobby (I await this popping up on Belttalk).

4. I have not claimed to be anything more than I am and can offer right now.

5. You called me lazy, if this was true then belt making is not something I'd be pursuing. It is bloody difficult when there isnt anyone to show you how its done and you are learning whenever you can.

Oh, and you haven't heard any reply from emailing me because I haven't received any email from you in the first place. To be fairly blunt, after the way you've spoken about here, you probably won't.

Back to the belts. I have 2 more original designs I will be offering later on in the year when I'm able to, maybe a while later. Both variations on the same theme. A United Kingdom Championship and a United Stated Championship. Again, these will be paid out of my own pocket and then offered for sale.

The other point I neglected to mention is that I will only accept paypal.

Not bank transfer.

Not Western Union

Not Moneygram.

Paypal only, for the protection it offers the buyer, not me.

The fact is you came on here and immediately attacked me all the while flying the flag of "If this is legit I wish you well." I wont be goaded into an e-pissing contest with you, this is the last I'll say on this matter.

So I'll start here by making my side of whats turned out to be an argument Shaine/Rule One. I'm a member of Belttalk also. All I see from what you've posted here are copied/pasted opinions from that forum, because its the cool thing to do is rip something to pieces.

What the hell does it have to do with you if I bought JB Weld? Where does is it state that this absolutely has to be for a belt? Do you mention the burnishing gum, the wood slicker, the revolving hole punch. No, because this doesnt fit what you've got in your head already about me. Look through my ebay history all you will, your type will only find faults no matter what is presented to you. I'm not sure if you are trying to goad me into arguing or trying to score points by presenting yourself as a guy who is "in the know" about belts both on here and Belt talk. Maybe I didnt give enough info to begin with. Fair enough. My mistake, but to immediately put me in the same bracket as Paul Bledsoe and Elgin Moore is just wrong. You neglect to mention that I'm only offering nickel at the minute. I'll spell this out, I aren't offering Gold because I cannot offer that at the minute. If I weren't being honest, I'd be offering gold, dual plated. Anything you can think of.

1. You claim this is stolen artwork, but cant provide where it was stolen from. Another copied/pasted opinion.

2. Where have I asked for a penny to pay for my mistakes? I paid for everything, all the kit I needed and the plates to make the belt out of my own pocket. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have been able to make it in the first place.

3. Belt making/collecting is not a holy grail activity. It is a service and a hobby (I await this popping up on Belttalk).

5. You called me lazy, if this was true then belt making is not something I'd be pursuing. It is bloody difficult when there isnt anyone to show you how its done and you are learning whenever you can.

Oh, and you haven't heard any reply from emailing me because I haven't received any email from you in the first place. To be fairly blunt, after the way you've spoken about here, you probably won't.

Back to the belts. I have 2 more original designs I will be offering later on in the year when I'm able to, maybe a while later. Both variations on the same theme. A United Kingdom Championship and a United Stated Championship. Again, these will be paid out of my own pocket and then offered for sale.

The other point I neglected to mention is that I will only accept paypal.

Not bank transfer.

Not Western Union

Not Moneygram.

Paypal only, for the protection it offers the buyer, not me.

The fact is you came on here and immediately attacked me all the while flying the flag of "If this is legit I wish you well." I wont be goaded into an e-pissing contest with you, this is the last I'll say on this matter.

I haven't attacked you, I questioned some of your practices. If you feel it was an attack, get yourself thicker skin. Also I never put you on the same level as Mr Bledsoe or Mr Moore, what I said is:

Like I said before I've seen this with the likes of Paul Bledsoe, Elgin Moore and quite a few others.

That doesn't put you in their bracket.

So you're a member of Belttalk who doesn't come out on the board when your own product is posted and say 'hey guys I made this, gimme an opinion or I'm offering my services to any of you's' but instead sit in silence? Yet you will plug the product on a forum with no background, real information and expect people to just go "yeah I'll buy a belt."

Doesn't add up.

If you're a member of Belttalk you will have known all about Paul Bledsoe and the likes, surely you wouldn't want to fall into the same pitfalls and traps which he amongst others did? Surely the information found on the board and a bit of sense would help you to put two and two together and maybe go about things a little differently, no?

As you well know and probably read on BT, JB Weld can and is sometimes used as a way to fix bolts on plates but if you have other uses for it, whatever. I mentioned it, you took the bait, bit and got overly defensive. As for the other objects, again whatever. You'll do exactly what you want with them.

Why would I want to score points on a forum? What do I possibly win or gain? Nothing. I questioned your practices because I felt they were suspicious and I still feel that way. I'm not presenting myself as a guy in the know... I know. I've spent enough time through the years to know what's what and actually put the time and effort into something I like. Message boards or not.

Why can't you offer anything but nickle at the moment?

It's not a copy/pasted opinion. Why would I link you to bootleg art? The art is out there if you look hard enough, it's been posted on BT before today and no doubt it will arise again. Ask your platers, which leads to another question. Why would you rely on your platers for the art?

I'll admit you didn't directly ask for anyone to pay for your mistakes but by putting out an inferior product and expecting someone to pay good money so you can make the next belt and 'get better' is a direct line to it.

3. Belt making/collecting is not a holy grail activity. It is a service and a hobby. (I await this popping up on Belttalk).

Not at all, I agree but you want the best product for your money, no? Especially in such a small niche.

You can claim all you want. All I wanted was some stern proof. Swings and roundabouts.

There are lazy people in all walks of life. No-one is going to show you how belts are made because they would be giving away their practices which make them money. The information is out there just don't expect anyone to point you in the right direction. I will say it is difficult, I speak from experience.

Finally PayPal is not a guarantee of/or protection. There are means and ways beyond it.

I didn't come into this thread to piss and fight with you. I wanted to know more information about you and your outfit because I've seen this stuff before and most have been scams. You've gone over the same things, two/three times now and got no further.

EDIT: I e-mailed the address gave out, twice. One message was received, the other failed.

If you're legit, good luck and best wishes but please prove it. If not I'm sure someone else will be on your tail.

Archived