job interviews

wwffan2

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:laugh: I think I put the wrong number in first, then I panicked a bit and got all flustered, thought i'd got the right number but ended up cocking it right up and got a completely wrong answer.

It was simple enough but I just lost it when I mis heard the number like.

• Paid Members

I had an interview today. Just a part time thing while I complete my studies, but the interview consisted of "Well, obviously I've read your CV. What do you reckon? Would you like the job?"

This means my JSA will effectively stop, as they deduct the value of my wages from it (minus a whopping

congrats wwffan2 :thumbsup: so guys, sorry to bump this, but its weird seing it considering I have a phone interview plus an interview for another place tomorrow, and another job interview on Friday.

Haven't had an interview in ages, any advice? The phone one is for a bank, and the other two are just for retail jobs.

Funny, i had a phone interview for a bank last week (Barclays), I was absolutely shitting it but It went really well and i've got an actual in branch interview tomorrow. Which im actually dreading, they said i'm going to be doing some roleplay scenarios with the branch manager, really want this job but im worried im gonna freeze and be shit heh.

The next interview is a lot easier. My other half works for Barclays in Sheffield. Its a big branch, and they're a B6 level or something - which means its quite a big deal to be working at a 'flagship branch'. Anyway, what I'm getting to is that a lot of the staff are half a step above retard level, so as long as you look pretty clean and can string together a sentence you'll be fine. It's mostly customer service initially - dealing with customers face to face. Don't worry about your maths, they have those machines that weigh most of the money anyway. As long as you can count without the use of your fingers, you'll be fine.

congrats wwffan2 :thumbsup: so guys, sorry to bump this, but its weird seing it considering I have a phone interview plus an interview for another place tomorrow, and another job interview on Friday.

Haven't had an interview in ages, any advice? The phone one is for a bank, and the other two are just for retail jobs.

Funny, i had a phone interview for a bank last week (Barclays), I was absolutely shitting it but It went really well and i've got an actual in branch interview tomorrow. Which im actually dreading, they said i'm going to be doing some roleplay scenarios with the branch manager, really want this job but im worried im gonna freeze and be shit heh.

The next interview is a lot easier. My other half works for Barclays in Sheffield. Its a big branch, and they're a B6 level or something - which means its quite a big deal to be working at a 'flagship branch'. Anyway, what I'm getting to is that a lot of the staff are half a step above retard level, so as long as you look pretty clean and can string together a sentence you'll be fine. It's mostly customer service initially - dealing with customers face to face. Don't worry about your maths, they have those machines that weigh most of the money anyway. As long as you can count without the use of your fingers, you'll be fine.

:laugh: cheers. I've done a lot of research etc for this job so im happy with that part, and I can blag the customer service questions etc no problem, it's just the roleplay thing that worries me, im fine dealing with customers in normal situations, but in an interview type situation im starting to doubt myself, they said it'll be 4 different roleplays and some things will be like a customer coming in and you notice they have a large amount of money in their account, so you have to reccomend something etc, sounds ok, but we'll see.

• Paid Members

:laugh: cheers. I've done a lot of research etc for this job so im happy with that part, and I can blag the customer service questions etc no problem, it's just the roleplay thing that worries me, im fine dealing with customers in normal situations, but in an interview type situation im starting to doubt myself, they said it'll be 4 different roleplays and some things will be like a customer coming in and you notice they have a large amount of money in their account, so you have to reccomend something etc, sounds ok, but we'll see.

Just request to be the chauffeur, and you should be okay.

• Paid Members

I've got an interview for Tesco tomorrow, doing night shifts. First interview i've had for 5 years, so not sure what to expect. Anyone had an interview with Tesco before? it sounded quite informal.

• Paid Members

Asda still do this shit (at least they did a year ago). Something to do with spotting who's a leader and who's a follower.

I might keep my eye on our newly (and rather blandly) refurbished Barclays. I did apply for a bank position before (I think it was HSBC) and the online application was huge. Loads of overly-probing questions about my life history.

• Paid Members

Interview with Tesco went well. There was about 15 of us in a group, and we all had to introduce ourselves and give a "funky fact", which was as cringey as it sounds. Then we all answered questions from a booklet, and health and safety stuff. Once that was over with, we did a bit of hands-on practice on the tills and in the fresh food bit doing stock rotation.

Then we had a one-on-one interview and the guy interviewing me pretty much flat out told me he wants me working on his section and heavily implied I've already got the job. We had a bit of a chat and then I left. The entire thing took from 4pm-6.45pm which is mad.

They rang me this morning and gave me the job though, I start on Monday at 9am.

Archived