job interviews

wwffan2

Checkout bitch most probably.

you got it im afraid :( been there seven years and now bullied so trying to get out.

will let everyone know tommorow if I got the job or not.

30 mins is very quick for an interview, what were you going for?

delivering customer service on the phones for a national energy company.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have my sympathy, Ive only had one interview in four solid months of looking - not just emailing CVs to people but going in to offices, hitting up contacts and talking to people on the phone.

Im expecting my rejection letter for that one job any day now. Thats if they bother - lots of companies dont.

• Paid Members
You have my sympathy, Ive only had one interview in four solid months of looking - not just emailing CVs to people but going in to offices, hitting up contacts and talking to people on the phone.

Im expecting my rejection letter for that one job any day now. Thats if they bother - lots of companies dont.

What do you do?

• Paid Members

Actually, I'll have to disagree with Keith here. I think 6 months is probably not long enough in this case and I reckon closer to 12 months would do the job, just to be on the safe side. He wouldn't want to endanger his new position or anything.

Actually, I'll have to disagree with Keith here. I think 6 months is probably not long enough in this case and I reckon closer to 12 months would do the job, just to be on the safe side. He wouldn't want to endanger his new position or anything.

Yeah I guess so. 6 months was the usual industry standard but given the double dip recession, that probably means doubling up in procedural etiquette. Thanks, Gladstone.

• Paid Members

Yeah I guess so. 6 months was the usual industry standard but given the double dip recession, that probably means doubling up in procedural etiquette. Thanks, Gladstone.

No worries. I speak from experience of a different industry so I can understand why we might disagree :)

• Paid Members

30 minutes isn't necessarily short for an interview. Both my first and second interviews for the job I have now couldn't have been longer than 15 minutes, I guess it varies from role to role and company to company.

congrats wwffan2 :thumbsup: so guys, sorry to bump this, but its weird seing it considering I have a phone interview plus an interview for another place tomorrow, and another job interview on Friday.

Haven't had an interview in ages, any advice? The phone one is for a bank, and the other two are just for retail jobs.

• Paid Members
Checkout bitch most probably.

you got it im afraid :( been there seven years and now bullied so trying to get out.

will let everyone know tommorow if I got the job or not.

30 mins is very quick for an interview, what were you going for?

delivering customer service on the phones for a national energy company.

So, you'll be the guy that picks up the phone and hands it to the customer service operative?

congrats wwffan2 :thumbsup: so guys, sorry to bump this, but its weird seing it considering I have a phone interview plus an interview for another place tomorrow, and another job interview on Friday.

Haven't had an interview in ages, any advice? The phone one is for a bank, and the other two are just for retail jobs.

Funny, i had a phone interview for a bank last week (Barclays), I was absolutely shitting it but It went really well and i've got an actual in branch interview tomorrow. Which im actually dreading, they said i'm going to be doing some roleplay scenarios with the branch manager, really want this job but im worried im gonna freeze and be shit heh.

Basically they asked me to have a pen and calculator ready and asked some maths questions, had to get 4 out of 6 to get through, I got 5, but they were pretty simple questions, you just had to know what to put in the calculator like, :-

A customer has an overdrawn balance of

Archived