Noel Gallagher's new solo record

lambyUK

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to the Apollo last night. Utterly brilliant. Met Michael Vaughan too - good lad he was.

Highlights were Record Machine, which played live was given the full electric guitar treatment, none of the pansy acoustic guitars and choir. And Talk Tonight was very good also. His voice was spot on too - although how it will hold up to a year of touring remains to be seen.

Lowlights was the stupid bald jock who kept bumping into my Mrs for the first half of the gig and the warm beer and long toilet queue!

• Paid Members
Is the album streaming online anywhere other than Spotify? I'm interested to hear it but I'm not a premium Spotify member.

There ya go

http://totallyfuzzy.blogspot.com/2011/10/n...g-birds-st.html

Quarter of the way down the page.

Made it to track 7 before I gave up. I didn't think it'd be my thing but wanted to give it a go, at least.

• Paid Members
Any particular reason, just out of interest?

It really just didn't grab me at all. Admittedly, I just had it on in the background at work but nothing caught my attention and eventually the urge to listen to something else overpowered my urge to listen to the album all the way through. Currently listening to And So I Watch You From Afar instead.

• Paid Members

Forgot to report up on my Apollo experience. I was three rows from the back but the view was amazing is the seating is quite steep. Anyway, personal highlights were an acoustic version of Supersonic, Everybody's on the run and If I had a gun.

Just was a bit pissed off he didnt play more obscure Oasis stuff. I've had enough of Dont look back in Anger and Wonderwall.

He also played a new track called 'Freaky Teeth'. If this is not the new bond theme then i will eat my hat! An epic tune!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl6pB46nKq0

He always spoke about wanting to write a bond theme, plus with his past links with Daniel Craig, this may be true.

• 2 months later...

Archived