Noel Gallagher's new solo record

lambyUK

• Paid Members

Has anyone else given this a try?

Such a wonderfully made and laid back album. The production on the album is simply stunning.

10 tracks in total and its certainly my favourite album of the year. 'Everybody's on the run' is simply a breathtaking track and sets the tone for the rest of the album. The album certainly doesn't just appeal to Oasis fans as to me it feels completely different to any Oasis record ever made. Noel obviously has completely different tone to his voice than his brother and the feel of the album matches his voice.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Listening to it at the moment on Spotify actually, only 3 tracks in but it's very good. Noel's tracks on the later Oasis albums were the best on them in my opinion (Part of the Queue, Mucky Fingers and The Importance of Being Idle especially) but this definitely doesn't feel like a Noel Oasis track, like someone said further up, the production is very different, very polished. Hope the whole album is as good. I'd say 'Junk of the Heart' by the Kooks is my favourite album of the year so far though.

I really liked it. I think he even said he stuck to playing it slightly safe with the first record back (bar AKA What A Life) as the second album next eyar is so out there. If I Had A Gun is beautiful and up there with anything he's ever put down. People will always have a pop at Noel, but the man knows how to write a bloody good tune.

Bought it and thinks its great, other than the MASSIVE disappointment of 'Stop the Clocks.' Touted by Noel as on a par with 'The masterplan' and due to be on the last two Oasis albums, Ive wanted to hear it for years , but it was very boring.

• Paid Members

The current track is very good indeed. I'm glad it sounds very little like Oasis because, y'know. They were Oasis.

But I've always liked Noel's non-Oasis stuff, so I wasn't all that surprised I liked this.

Archived