Blast From the Past: WrestleXpress!~

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Court Bauer's H2 Wrestling was very WrestleXpress. I'd start a thread about it but I think its only me and Rob Naylor on the whole internet that are obsessed by it. Glow sticks handed to everyone in the arena, Oscar style red carpet entrances on the way to the building, six sided rings, fans around the ring, Gary Hart as a Don King character, trampoline ring aprons and every bit of indy wank you can think of. H2 sounded like wrestling on acid.The best part of H2 was that it signed a TV deal with a company that later came out to didn't even exist. Cracking.

Sounds incredible, please post!

5, Nearly got in a fight at the bar with the UK Pitbulls. They tried to take the piss out of me & failed.

Explain further ...
I knew this would get asked :laugh: It was one of those moments when you say to yourself "Did i really just say that?" Then the room goes silent & the four walls zoom towards you, so there is no escape from whatever will be the reaction from your comment.I was having a drink with two friends in the bar, during the interval when the UK Pitbulls walked in after having a tag match in the first half. I was wearing a black t-shirt that read "My favourite wrestler is Jonny Storm", The short conversation went something like this (bare in mind that all the punters were listening).Pitbull (loudly) " Oh my God, your t-shirt is really really bad"Me (loudly, about a millisecond later) "Not as bad as your match"! ( This is the point were the walls zoomed in ) Pitbull"s face went beetroot red & steam started to come out of his ears, at the same time my so called friends both took a step back for what i can only assume was to allow the Pitbulls an easier access to the person who publicly angered them? After what seemed like an eternity, But was probably a couple of seconds the second Pitbull (so far silent) shouted loudly "Cheers mate, thanks for the confidence booster" & started clapping me! (sarcastically).This might not seem like much of a story, but if you were there it was obvious that Pitbull 1 would have been happier killing me! Which is what my two "friends" confirmed after they established that they were safe to carry on drinking. This is only one of many occasions over the years were i have rubbed wrestlers up the wrong way.
Haha I remember that,used to be fun winding up/being wound up by the fwa marks

• 4 years later...
On 10/18/2011 at 0:22 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Kevin Nash and Scott Hall were spoken to about the event and we were seriously considering bringing Hall and Nash over to the UK to sit on the front row during the Main Event and interfere at the end of the match 

Just re-reading this thread and discovered this gem!

What a unique business, eh.

• 10 months later...

Archived