PPW'S "GUY FAWKES SPECIAL" : West Bromwich : 11.11.11

ChrisPPW

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys

Just back from a (well deserved :laugh: ) couple of days off and I must say its always good to come back to some really positive feedback about the show!!

Couple of quick comments...

First off, Baz I can only imagine what my face looked like when Sue was up to her antics!! :angry: ?? :confused: ?? :devil: ?? :rolleyes: ?? There are simply no words to express what I was thinking :laugh: ...BUT the look on British Born Steele's face when "The Voice of PPW" Mark Adams revealed his Mystery Prize was equally fantastic and my personal highlight of the evening :)

Secondly (much to the disgust of the kids in PPW crowd ;) ), Conners is ok. Just a couple of knicks that looked far worse than they were :)

In results from the show...

- The Hunter Brothers dft The Clarke Twins ...it was good to finally have The Hunters Brothers tagging in PPW, I hope we'll see them again very soon

- Evolution League - Davey Blaze dft Matt Pedin

- Evolution League - Steven Xavier dft Matt Pedin

- Evolution League - "Hellraiser" Brian Wright dft Matt Pedin ...not a good night for Pedin points-wise, but he did end the night by putting the Hellraiser in a body bag and challenging Brian Wright to a Body Bag Match at the next show on December 9th (which I've since sanctioned, so it will happen!), so not all bad news for Pedin

- "Luscious" Lucas Black dft Jamie Feerick ...The "Luscious One" remains undefeated with only one match remaining in the Evolution League (further details later on)

- The Brandon Thomas "I want to be on the Best of Phoenix Pro Wrestling 2011 DVD (onsale December 9th, just in time for Xmas!!)" Open Challenge - "Wonderkid" Jonny Storm dft "The Messiah" Brandon Thomas ...Having found a loophole in the Loser Leaves PPW stipulation, Storm returned to an absolutely electric ovation to see off the The Messiah in his own match.

- The 1st Ever Gunpowder Plot Match:

"The Special Edition" Joseph Conners won the right to be PPW General Manager on December 9th

Saqib Ali picked up the "No Prize" prize

British Born Steele won the Mystery Prize - a kiss from Sue!!

Davey Blaze was fired from PPW

Lucian L. Jones earned a PPW Championship match any time in the next 12 months

...the crowd response to this match was absolutely amazing!! ...it will definitely be back next year!! :thumbsup:

- Evolution League - Steven Xavier dft Nate Colt ...after the match Lucas Black violently assaulted Steven Xavier, who is also undefeated and therefore the Luscious One's only remaining rival in the Evolution League. Fingers crossed Stevie will be available for the final match of 2011 and have the chance to meet Black for the title and prize of a PPW Championship Match next year.

- PPW Championship - No DQ Submission Match - "The Mexican Sensation" El Ligero retained the belt against "The Prodigy" Paul Malen ...The PPW Champion was exceptional in his continued resilience against the onslaught of Malen and Conners, and kept hold of his title despite Malen and Conners making full use of the No DQ stipulation.

After the match, Conners used his powers as PPW GM to make a Tag Team Main Event for December 9th in West Bromwich; "The Predators" Malen and Conners vs "The Mexcian Sensation" El Ligero and a partner of his choosing... "Wonderkid" Jonny Storm came out to offer his services, and the match was made!! Jonny Storm is officially back in PPW :thumbsup:

Once again, thanks for the positive feedback. The website/facebook etc etc will be updated this evening with all the details re December 9th.

I will also post a thread on here re the Best of DVD in the next few days. I can tell you now though, looking back at the footage from the year, I had a lot of great matches to choose from when putting this thing together (Ligero vs Storm 2 for example was in my opinion right up there with any match I have ever seen; Drew Gulak vs Scott Maverick was a barn stormer of a brawl, the Evolution League has thrown up some very exciting clashes and we've had appearances from Keith Myatt, The Liverpool Lads, John Walters, James Mason, Lionheart and Stixx to name just a few), so the line-up promises to be absolutely fantastic!

Thanks again

Chris

PPW

Archived