PPW'S "GUY FAWKES SPECIAL" : West Bromwich : 11.11.11

ChrisPPW

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taken from www.phoenixprowrestling.co.uk...

!! 1st Ever Gunpowder Plot Match announced for 11.11.11 !!

PPW Management have revealed a Special Attraction match for the Guy Fawkes Special on 11th November 2011 - the 1st Ever Gunpowder Plot Match!!...

10sgdvc.jpg

...The Gunpowder Plot Match will be a once in a lifetime opportunity for 6 members of the PPW Roster to make the step up to the Main Event and earn themselves a PPW Championship Match any time in the next 12 months!!

Here is how the match will work:

- 6x PPW Wrestlers start the match in the ring at the same time.

- 4x Gunpowder Barrels will be randomly located around the West Brom Labour Club.

- Each barrel will contain a scroll detailing a prize for the PPW wrestler who opens each barrel.

- The 6x competitors compete to open the barrels and claim the prizes.

- Once a wrestler opens a barrel he wins the prize inside and takes no further part in the match.

- The match is over once the 4 prizes are claimed.

However, there is a TWIST!! Not all the prizes are positive. Whilst one lucky member of the PPW Roster will earn the right to have the biggest match of their career, one very unlucky wrestler will be FIRED from PPW in the centre of the ring on 11.11.11!!

The 4x prizes up for grabs are as follows:

- PPW Championship Match (any time of your choosing in the next 12 months).

- General Manager for the Night (December 9th 2011 - West Bromwich Labour Club)

- Empty Barrel

- Fired from PPW

The first two competitors for the 1st Ever Gunpowder Plot Match have been revealed as follows:

- No stranger to unorthdox matches, and with the home advatage on his side, LUCIAN L. JONES will no doubt head into this never before seen match as one of the favourites to collect of of the scrolls, and maybe even a PPW Championship opportunity in the process!

- LORD GRAHAM THOMAS III, on the other hand, is a little more traditonal in his approach to wrestling, so it will be interesting to see how he deals with the challenges faced in this unprecedented environment.

The remaining competitors will be announced between now and 11.11.11!!

!! 2nd Evolution League Clash set for 11.11.11 !!

The Evolution League has seen some exciting twists and turns (and more than its fair share of controversy!) in 2011, as the season draws to a close over the next two months, there is only one man who can catch the sneaky "Luscious" Lucas Black and claim a shot at the PPW Championship in 2012, and that is Scotland's Number 1 Cruiserweight, Steven Xavier...

eeyoi.jpg

...On 11.11.11 Stevie clashes with, fellow fan favourite, Nate Colt, in what is sure to be a thrilling contest between two of PPW's hotest young stars. Although he can't win the league, Colt will want to end the year on a high. Will that competitive nature be enough to earn him a victory over the Scot, who perhaps already has one eye on PPW Gold?

Two more competitors for the Gun Powder Plot Match to be revealed tomorrow night :thumbsup:

In the meantime...Taken from PPW's Facebook Page...

‎11.11.11: PPW's Guy Fawkes Special at the West Bromwich Labour Club

- PPW Championship: El Ligero © v Paul Malen - No DQ Submission Match

- Evolution League: Colt v Xavier AND Wright v Matt Pedin

- Gunpowder Plot Match: Lucian L. Jones v Lord Graham Thomas III v TBC v TBC v TBC v TBC

And don't forget...

As always, Monday Night is Pedin Night in PPW!! However Pedin Pro Wrestling has competition this evening from a very emotional Mark Adams in his regular blog "From The Flames..."

Here they both are for your viewing pleasure...

www.phoenixprowrestling.co.uk/fromtheflames

www.phoenixprowrestling.co.uk/pedin

PPW Management have revealed a Special Attraction match for the Guy Fawkes Special on 11th November 2011 - the 1st Ever Gunpowder Plot Match!!...

21aljrk.jpg

...The Gunpowder Plot Match will be a once in a lifetime opportunity for 6 members of the PPW Roster to make the step up to the Main Event and earn themselves a PPW Championship Match any time in the next 12 months!!

- 4x Gunpowder Barrels will be randomly located around the West Brom Labour Club.

- Each barrel will contain a scroll detailing a prize for the PPW wrestler who opens each barrel.

- Once a wrestler opens a barrel he wins the prize inside and takes no further part in the match.

However, there is a TWIST!! Not all the prizes are positive. Whilst one lucky member of the PPW Roster will earn the right to have the biggest match of their career, one very unlucky wrestler will be FIRED from PPW in the centre of the ring on 11.11.11!!

- Empty Barrel

- Fired from PPW

The first two competitors for the 1st Ever Gunpowder Plot Match have been revealed as follows:

- No stranger to unorthdox matches, and with the home advatage on his side, LUCIAN L. JONES will no doubt head into this never before seen match as one of the favourites to collect of of the scrolls, and maybe even a PPW Championship opportunity in the process!

- LORD GRAHAM THOMAS III, on the other hand, is a little more traditonal in his approach to wrestling, so it will be interesting to see how he deals with the challenges faced in this unprecedented environment.

- Not seen in PPW for a number of months, the returning JOSEPH CONNERS will be keen to make a big impact on his return. However, as the long time tag team partner of "The Prodigy" Paul Malen, Conners won't be warmly received by the PPW faithful!

- Rewarded for his consistently high quality performances over the past year, Evolution League competitor DAVEY BLAZE takes his first step up to main event competition on 11.11.11. Will Blaze be able to go one step further and become Number 1 Contender for the PPW Championship?

The remaining competitors will be announced between now and 11.11.11!!

Just a quick message to throw out there, i know times are hard, however as PPW's resident camerman who captures all the action; i thought it was in my best interest to just put forward that i will be taking part in "Movember".

What Movember is a great cause for Men's health. Now women usually wear pink ribbons in awareness of breast cancer; however men during the month of November all across the country and the world will be wearing a moustache as their ribbon.

The overall aim is to raise money in awareness of both Prostate and Testicular Cancer. So if you don't mind and are looking to put money towards a good cause,

http://uk.movember.com/mospace/1745148/ - this is the place to go to donate towards me.

Thanks for reading.

FULL LINE UP NOW REVEALED FOR THE GUNPOWDER PLOT MATCH!! :thumbsup:

PLUS ANOTHER MATCH ANNOUNCED FOR 11.11.11...

11jmzqu.jpg

- Empty Barrel

- Fired from PPW

The full line up for the 1st Ever Gunpowder Plot Match have been revealed as follows:

- Not seen in PPW for a number of months, the returning JOSEPH CONNERS will be keen to make a big impact on his return. However, as the long time tag team partner of "The Prodigy" Paul Malen, Conners won't be warmly received by the PPW faithful!

- Rewarded for his consistently high quality performances over the past year, Evolution League competitor DAVEY BLAZE takes his first step up to main event competition on 11.11.11. Will Blaze be able to go one step further and become Number 1 Contender for the PPW Championship?

- SCOTT MAVERICK has earned his place as a PPW main stay in 2011 with big matches against the likes of The Liverpool Lads, Frankie Sloan and Robbie Brookside, and CZW's American star Drew Gulak. The Gunpowder Plot match could well be Maverick's chance to take his PPW career to the next level!

- Having impressed PPW fans and management alike with his outstanding debut on October 14th, BRITISH BORN STEELE definitely earned his spot in the 1st Ever Gunpowder Plot match, and a good result in this match could definitely lead to big things in 2012 for the Midlands favourite!

!! Villain vs Villain in the Evolution League !!

Its villain vs villain again in the Evolution League this month, and another chance for PPW fans to boo as loudly as they can to show who they hate the most!! ...

zlreia.jpg

... Jamie Feerick has shown very little respect for PPW fans or management this year and, as he aims to push for a postive finish to his Evolution League season, there is no reason to expect anything better from the sneaky Scot. "Luscious" Lucas Black however, is the very definition of the word sneaky and will stop at nothing to end 2011 undefeated and earn a shot at the coveted PPW Championship! This one could be fun!

ONE MORE MATCH STILL TBA THIS WEEK!!

!! HUGE TAG TEAM MATCH SIGNED FOR 11.11.11 !!

Throughout 2011, fans of British and European Wrestling have finally discovered what Midlands Wrestling fans have known for years; that Lee and Jim, The Hunter Brothers, are quite possibly the finest tag team to grace a British Ring for many, many years...

2ij3hfl.jpg

... This Friday night they clash with long-time rivals and arch enemies, Matt and Mark, The Clarke Twins. The Hunters have always held the spotlight in the tag ranks of Midlands Wrestling, but the twins have always be there or thereabouts in the pecking order, so both teams will be keen to make their PPW debut count on Friday night. History suggests that this match has all the potential to be a showstealer!!

PPW MANAGEMENT IS SPOILING THE FANS THIS MONTH...WE MAY STILL HAVE ONE MORE MATCH UP OUR SLEEVES!! ;)

Final Match now added guys (and, by definition, it should be a great one!! :laugh: )....

!! "I want to be on the Best Of 2011 DVD" Open Challenge !!

As proven in his outstanding PPW debut match earlier in the year against the incomparable James Mason; Brandon Thomas is undoubtably one of the finest wrestlings talents ever to come out of the West Midlands! BUT, such has been the quality of the action thus far in 2011, even that classic match was not good enough to get Brandon Thomas a spot on the Best of Phoenix Pro Wrestling 2011 DVD (on sale on December 9th 2011 - just in time for Christmas!!)...

xmki03.jpg

...However "The Messiah" has not given up just yet!! Tomorrow night at the West Bromwich Labour Club, Brandon will issue an open challenge to any wrestler from across the UK or around the World to join him in the PPW Ring and have a Match of the Year candidate match to get their names on that DVD cover and go down in history!!...

... "The Messiah" said it best, when he said to PPW's Chris Liston, "Only the VERY best need apply..."

FULL LINE UP ON PAGE ONE OF THIS THREAD

See you guys tomorrow!! :thumbsup:

Thanks

Chris

PPW

PPW'S "GUY FAWKES SPECIAL"... TONIGHT!!!

161mk9u.jpg

...On September 16th, Malen vented his continued frustration with El Ligero, by ripping his arm out of its socket via a viscious arm bar. During his absence, the Champion wrote to PPW Head Promoter Chris Liston via his translator, demanding a match of his choosing for the Ligero vs Malen match in November...

Letter from PPW Champion "The Mexican Sensation" El Ligero (via his translator)...

"Ever since I won the PPW Championship earlier in the year, I've tried to be nothing more than a fighting champion. I've tried to defend the championship with honor, with pride and with determination, against anyone who wanted a shot at the gold. Winning the tournament final against Jonny Storm, I was aware that it meant a target was on my back, and that's fine. It comes with the territory of being a champion, and I can deal with that.

But for months and months and months, there has been one guy who has done nothing but be a thorn in my side, someone who has no honour, has no pride. For months, Paul Malen has interfered, has jumped me from behind, has hit me with crutches, has attempted to dislocate a shoulder I had major surgery.

Malen, this has come to the point where it's beyond wrestling, it's beyond a championship belt. To use a well worn cliche, this is personal, and this is going to end. November 11th. Bring your crutches, bring whatever you want. This isn't going to be a wrestling match, this is going to be a fight. You may have retired Jonny Storm, you might have a win over James Mason, and you may have nearly crippled me on September 16th, but if you want this championship, you're going to have do the impossible. You're going to have to make me TAP OUT!!"

...The Champion is clearly well and truly up for this final battle - "PPW's Guy Fawkes Special" is going to be explosive!!

11jmzqu.jpg

!! "I want to be on the Best Of 2011 DVD" Open Challenge !!

xmki03.jpg

2ij3hfl.jpg

22u10.jpg

eeyoi.jpg

zlreia.jpg

PHOENIX PRO WRESTLING'S "GUY FAWKES SPECIAL"

Friday 11th November 2011

Doors 7pm

Bell Time 7:30pm

WEST BROMWICH LABOUR CLUB

54 Sandwell Road

West Bromwich

West Midlands

B70 8TF

ADULT TICKETS:

• Paid Members

amazing show, one of the best I've seen.

The 6 man thing was great fun, the Hunter brothers were as good as I remember. The evolution league matches were all fun and left me interested for next time. The shows need more Pedin mind.

Colts match was great fun and I'd be more than happy with more Connors and Maverick on any show.

The main event was astounding, just astounding, and set up a tag for next time that I don't think I've been so hyped for on a British show in years, and I don't think any of the matches I have had built up to and been hyped for ever actually happened so it could be on to a winner here.

There is something about Malen which is just amazing at every turn. He even got a bicycle, if you will. And Storm was there, the kids went mental, I went mental. His match with Thomas was great too.

On a side Sue needs a belt or some mental help pronto. :cry:

amazing show, one of the best I've seen.

The 6 man thing was great fun, the Hunter brothers were as good as I remember. The evolution league matches were all fun and left me interested for next time. The shows need more Pedin mind.

Colts match was great fun and I'd be more than happy with more Connors and Maverick on any show.

The main event was astounding, just astounding, and set up a tag for next time that I don't think I've been so hyped for on a British show in years, and I don't think any of the matches I have had built up to and been hyped for ever actually happened so it could be on to a winner here.

There is something about Malen which is just amazing at every turn. He even got a bicycle, if you will. And Storm was there, the kids went mental, I went mental. His match with Thomas was great too.

On a side Sue needs a belt or some mental help pronto. :cry:

even though i work there as the cameraman i bloody loved it myself. Most people know i make the graphics and stuff, and who's announced, who can't be there, etc, etc. But i agree with one big thing about tonight, the return of Storm had the crowd going mental and the hype for the tag match is just going to be so awesome. I do on a side note feel sorry for Connors who had that bin cut his head open.

Next month should be a great way to finish off the year for Phoenix Pro Wrestling.

Fantastic show, PPW's best of the year for me and there has been some good un's. The regular kids were their usually rowdy selves which always make for a great atmosphere and the other, ahem, characters were on top form. I think the look on Chris' face said all that needed to be said about Aunty Sue's antics, haha. Wow. Genius having a kiss from her as the mystery prize.

Anyway crowd aside it was a top show, opener was really good from both teams, great way to kick the show off. Pedin/Smellraiser's feud continued in an interesting way. I think Feerick/Black was probably the best Evolution league match I've seen, really impressive from both. Brilliant surprise to see Jonny back and it was done in a clever way, the kids did indeed go mad for him, but they always do. It was like their hero was back and he had his usual great match with Thomas.

The Gunpowder plot was great fun, some good wrestling and then good fun when they were getting the prizes, the concept worked really well in the environment and the finish was clever. Nate/Xavier was good and the aftermath set the Evolution League final (I believe) up nicely.

Main event was a cracker, them wearing jeans was a subtle touch that makes quite a bit of difference and makes it stand out. They had a brilliant brawl and worked the submission aspect into it really well. Poor old Joe Conners at the end, that was unbelievable it really was, hope he's okay. Hats off to Malen and Ligero, it was probably the best match i've seen either of them in. I hope this one makes it on the dvd, sepaking of which i'll definately be buying that, it sounds great. I can think of plenty of matches i've seen in PPW this year that i'd like to re-watch. Will you be posting the listings for the dvd Chris?

This has been a long past, ha, but the show was worth it and next's month's main event should be a fantastic way to end a great year for a new promotion.

• Paid Members
even though i work there as the cameraman i bloody loved it myself. Most people know i make the graphics and stuff, and who's announced, who can't be there, etc, etc. But i agree with one big thing about tonight, the return of Storm had the crowd going mental and the hype for the tag match is just going to be so awesome. I do on a side note feel sorry for Connors who had that bin cut his head open.

Next month should be a great way to finish off the year for Phoenix Pro Wrestling.

I do love Storm, there's something about him which never fails to entertain and I've never seen any one in British Wrestling get a reaction like he does from the kids. That tag is logical and has the potential to raise the roof which is such a great and rare combination.

Yeah, that was unfortunate for Connors. It did add a little something as he stood there going ape shit I felt but I imagine that's little consolation.

I have to say I'd be tempted by the dvd, and that's a rare sight for UK shows from me, because there's been some ace stuff there this year.

Archived