Spoilers for RAW from Mexico City

PowerButchi

• Moderators
Show opened with a John Laurinaitis interview. They pushed really hard the angle of Laurinaitis firing Jim Ross, since they are now doing that as an angle after so many people clicked off Raw during the show last week. So he announced the main event as John Cena & Jim Ross vs. Alberto Del Rio & Michael Cole.

I'm not sure when people were saying they wanted Jim Ross back, that is what they wanted. I'm also not sure that all the years fans in Mexico City have been waiting for TV to be held live, thought that meant a main event like that.

Mark Henry & Cody Rhodes & Christian b Randy Orton & Sheamus & John Morrison - There were two sets of post-match brawls, one with Orton vs. Rhodes and the other with Christian vs. Sheamus, so both are likely on Vengeance.

Orton vs. Rhodes was announced officially.

Eve Torres b Natalya

Phoenis vs. Torres was announced for Vengeance.

C.M. Punk b The Miz - Laurinaitis got some sort of a legal document forcing HHH to leave the ring. After the match, Miz & R-Truth beat down Punk.

Vickie Guerrero announced Kingston & Bourne vs. Swagger & Ziggler for the PPV.

Zack Ryder b Jack Swagger. Post-match saw Ziggler and Swagger beating down Ryder until Mason Ryan mae the save. So if the titles change, expect Ryder & Ryan as a eam.

Dolph Ziggler b Mason Ryan via DQ. Ryan didn't break at the count of five.

They announced Sin Cara Azul vs. Sin Cara Negro in a mask vs. mask match tomorrow night. Yep, no interviews with either, even if it was just for the live crowd. I guess Sin Cara not knowing English means he wouldn't know how to cut a promo to draw money in Mexico.

John Cena & Jim Ross b Alberto Del Rio & Michael Cole. Ross beat Cole with the ankle lock submission.

They announced Del Rio vs. Cena at the PPV will be a last man standing match.

From F4Wonline. This is the Go-Home show for Vengence as well, which doesn't fill my soul with hope.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Am I the only one who really can't stand Last Man Standing matches?

Yes, the one between Jericho and Trips at Fully Loaded 2000 was cram-full of great action and a great-looking finish, but in general I find them really dull. Quite possibly because they all follow the same formula, there are plenty of spells where there is nothing happening, while the ref counts to eight, and the false-finishes are never as convincing as a good two-count. I've spent nearly every Last Man Standing match bored off my arse, waiting patiently for the end, just to see what they cobble together for a finish, some of which being reasonably interesting, some of which being really limp. Jericho vs Kane from Armageddon 2000 being an example of the latter.

Mark Henry & Cody Rhodes & Christian b Randy Orton & Sheamus & John Morrison

I bet I know who got pinned there, ha!

I didn't even know this show was being taped, but it doesn't read like anything that special anyway. I'm always interested when they take Raw out and about though, the different type of crowd tends to add atmosphere to the show. Would love to see JR decked out like Cena too. Cena will have to work a fucking miracle at the PPV though, these Last Man Standing matches every bastard year are just getting horrible.

A better report from ProWrestling.Net

Raw started with John Laurinaitis walking to the ring. He said that he's not happy being in Mexico and he doesn't feel comfortable. He talked about what happened last week with Triple H, C.M. Punk, R-Truth, and The Miz. They played a video from last week showing Michael Cole laughing because Laurinaitis fired Jim Ross.

Laurinaitis announced that the main event would be Alberto Del Rio and Michael Cole vs. John Cena and Jim Ross. The winner will decide the stipulation for Del Rio vs. Cena at Vengeance.

1. Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, and Christian defeated Randy Orton, Sheamus, and John Morrison. After the heels won, tthey continued with the brawl outside. Cody Rhodes tried to escape backstage, but Orton followed him to the back. Christian went through the crowd but Sheamus followed him also.

Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes was announced for the Vengeance pay-per-view.

2. Eve (w/Kelly Kelly) defeated Natalya (w/Beth Phoenix).

Beth Phoenix vs. Eve for the Divas Championship was announced for the pay-per-view.

3. CM Punk (w/Triple H) beat The Miz (w/R-Truth). During the match, John Laurinaitis walked down and showed a document to Triple H. He told Triple H to leave the ringside area and he did. After the match, Miz and Truth attacked Punk.

Video of Stone Cold Steve Austin

Vickie Guerrero walked to the ring with Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler. Vickie announced that Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger will face Air Boom for the Tag Titles at Vengeance.

4. Zack Ryder beat Jack Swagger. After the match, Swagger and Ziggler attacked Ryder. Mason Ryan ran out to make the save and he said the he wanted to face Ziggler tonight.

5. Dolph Ziggler beat Mason Ryan via DQ. Ryan attacked Ziggler on the ropes and the referee counted to five to disqualify Ryan.

It was announced to the live crowd that Sin Cara will meet Sin Cara in a mask vs. mask match at the Smackdown taping.

6. John Cena and Jim Ross defeated Alberto Del Rio and Michael Cole. Cena hit the Attitude Adjustment on Cole. Ross applied a submission hold on Cole's ankle, and then Cole tapped out. Cena chose to make his title shot against Del Rio a Last Man Standing match at Vengeance.

• Paid Members
Am I the only one who really can't stand Last Man Standing matches?

Yes, the one between Jericho and Trips at Fully Loaded 2000 was cram-full of great action and a great-looking finish, but in general I find them really dull. Quite possibly because they all follow the same formula, there are plenty of spells where there is nothing happening, while the ref counts to eight, and the false-finishes are never as convincing as a good two-count. I've spent nearly every Last Man Standing match bored off my arse, waiting patiently for the end, just to see what they cobble together for a finish, some of which being reasonably interesting, some of which being really limp. Jericho vs Kane from Armageddon 2000 being an example of the latter.

They can be hit and miss but I have faith Cena can drag Del Rio to something good.

Mental they didn't have Mistico Cara on Raw, seeing as it will enhance his star (you'd imagine he'd get a massive response, something he hasn't received since his ban).

• Paid Members
Mental they didn't have Mistico Cara on Raw, seeing as it will enhance his star (you'd imagine he'd get a massive response, something he hasn't received since his ban).

Maybe thats why they kept him off TV. Wouldnt be the first time they've wanted to keep a wrestler off TV because he'll outshine the real stars on the show.

I don't think I've seen a Cena LMS match that I haven't enjoyed. Can I assume I'm the only person who thinks that match will be a corker?

Probably not, I just can't be arsed with it, you know? They're always good enough because Cena's ace, there's just way too many of them, and I'm with Air_Raid, a two count is better than a heatless 8.

And anyway, the Khali one won't ever be touched, as far as Cena goes. That was a masterclass.

EDIT: Because somebody will probably say it, I'm not forgetting the Umaga one. I just mean in terms of his various opponents' limitations.

• Paid Members

Maybe thats why they kept him off TV. Wouldnt be the first time they've wanted to keep a wrestler off TV because he'll outshine the real stars on the show.

I can see this being true. Partly as punishment for Mistico Cara not being up to the standard they hoped.

I can see this being true. Partly as punishment for Mistico Cara not being up to the standard they hoped.

Where's the logic in any of these comments? He's gonna be on Smackdown.

• Paid Members

Where's the logic in any of these comments? He's gonna be on Smackdown.

Yeah but Smackdown doesn't have the eyes on it like Raw does, that's one of the reasons they have Smackdown guys on Raw and not the other way around. Surely you want as many people as possible to see Cara come across as a mega star.

• Paid Members

JR's went mental on twitter:

Note to Laurinaitis & peer hungry cronies: over mgmt of all broadcasters akin to putting a bit in a horse's mouth. It's all about control.

Funkhauser, hello. Doing English speaking, in ring promos to Spanish speaking audience=no reaction. Duh. Oh, wait my bad, WWE's 'global.'

I can assure anyone who cares or thinks they need to know the dirt. I have zero booking ahead for WWE weekly or PPVs. Believe what u choose.

If Laurinaitis & his corporate cronies feel Cole is the 'voice of Raw' then they are more out of touch than I thought. Fans want wrestling.

@felipecarnage ... Not sure of your seemingly childish attitude. Monday Night Raw taped Saturday night in Mexico City. U mad or just stupid?

@bonsall1978 ...then why follow? Can't you handle the truth & 1 mans opinion. Man up coming from you is laughable.

@bitter0 ... Is that what I'm doing, 'cutting promos?' thought I was giving an opinion. I'm damned if I do & damned if I don't w/ some of u.

Boarded @AmericanAirlines for DWF. Yep vented/provided opinions while waiting on flt. PO's when nerds tell me to 'man up.'

Archived