Favorite ever "B" show

Ron Simmons

• Paid Members

Probably have to say Superstars. It was the star builder show. Demolition or the Warrior would debut, smack jobbers about and you think "fair enough, these lads are stars". The lack of jobber matches is a giant hole in the wrestling business. Even Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels went through jobbers when they went as singles wrestlers. You need to showcase your talents and establish your finisher somehow. Would it really kill WWE if they had a few jobber matches on Raw or Smackdown? Most of the matches mean nothing anyway.

I too grew up watching Metal.Some of the ones I remember are the Metalennium episode and the show where the Mean Street Possee,who were doing a losing streak gimmick,lost to three jobbers(Jack Black,B.J. Pane and Gerry Millar,that i've remembered their names after all these years says something about my ability to remember useless trivia)Metal was always fun to watch after watching Raw and SmackDown! that week.

Heat was another pretty awesome show when Channel 4 could be bothered to show it.Edge and Christian had a great series of skits with Mick Foley when Christian was trying to lose weight for the LH title.Kurt Angle Vs Essa Rios was another blinder on Heat.Though it could have seemed throwaway with the 5 or so minutes they had it, seemed like the most important match ever when it was taking place.The same can be said for Holly Vs Triple H.I remember actually thinking that Holly could win the title.They were both fum little shows that were a nice supplement to the main shows.Velocity was a good'un too as it had people like Shannon Moore and Sean O Haire,though the commentary when they show first started courtesy of Josh Matthews and Earnest Miller was torture to endure.

Do Confidential and Excess count?Probably not,but they were both class.Excess was great when they'd have people like Shawn Michaels who wasn't on Tv at the time pop round for a chat.the From The Vault segment was something I always looked forward to seeing on the show.Confidetial was ace for it's kayfabe bustung banter.

Damn! Check out the card from that show:

Eddie Guerrero w/Chyna vs Dean Malenko

Triple H & Hardcore Holly Segment

Perry Saturn vs Bull Buchanan

Al Snow & Steve Blackman vs Kal En Tal

Hardcore Holly interview

Jeff Hardy vs Val Venis w/Trish Stratus

The Rock segment

Hardcore Holly vs Triple H w/Stephanie McMahon

Can't believe HeAt was so packed!!

I don't know if it counts as a B show as such, but I have misty eyed fondness for the old WCW Worldwide show they stuck on after American Gladiators on ITV when I was a kid.

Samoan Swat Team...Sid squashes... THE Z MAN!!!!

Awesome.

Archived