Dave Lagana is TNA's new writer

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
TNA hires new writer

In a move that has been rumored for about a week, David Lagana will be headed to TNA for a writing position. Lagana had been working with ROH heading its social media department, but had wanted to get back into writing.

Exactly how the power structure on the writing team would shake out will be interesting. Lagana's name had come up with the idea that if they were to replace Vince Russo, Lagana was on the very short list of people out there who had experience in actually writing television wrestling shows that actually had a basic knowledge of wrestling. So many of the ex-WWE writers didn't know wrestling, and others, who have had success booking at the indie level had the knock of never writing "modern style" wrestling television.

The Observer

He talks a good game does Dave, it has to be said. He doesn't half go on about things "not making sense", how TNA and WWE isn't in touch with pop culture and all kinds of other stuff. Will definitely be good to see him put his money where his mouth is here. And I was wondering why he was verbally sucking Hogan's cock on his podcast today. This is definitely a major move by TNA, because Pritchard and Lagana were writing partners for Smackdown along with Heyman in the so called glory years. Cant be a coincidence that as soon as Pritchard gains power, he brings in his right hand man.

Whats everyone think?

• Paid Members
What happened to Pritchard?

EDIT - I mean i thought brother Love was the head writer. Anyway i'm really happy about this, for the longest time i've just wanted TNA to be a basic pro wrestling show and hopefully this will mean exactly that.

Brother Love is the overseer of creative. Meaning he'll read the scripts and simplify them and if he doesnt like something, he has final say. Lagana will either work with him I imagine. Like how Brian Gewertz and Michael Hayes work together. Or how Lagana and Pritchard worked together in WWE.

I'd just like to see how Lagana does, after talking about how terrible WWE and TNA has been the last three years. I hope he's as good as he thinks he is. He was the brainchild behind the Billy and Chuck Wedding and Mr. America, so hats off for that.

What happened to Pritchard?

EDIT - I mean i thought brother Love was the head writer. Anyway i'm really happy about this, for the longest time i've just wanted TNA to be a basic pro wrestling show and hopefully this will mean exactly that.

Brother Love is the overseer of creative. Meaning he'll read the scripts and simplify them and if he doesnt like something, he has final say. Lagana will either work with him I imagine. Like how Brian Gewertz and Michael Hayes work together. Or how Lagana and Pritchard worked together in WWE.

I'd just like to see how Lagana does, after talking about how terrible WWE and TNA has been the last three years. I hope he's as good as he thinks he is. He was the brainchild behind the Billy and Chuck Wedding and Mr. America, so hats off for that.

Your dead right in that he talks a good game so now we will see.

I watched Impact for the first time in ages last week and i liked it so i think it will go back on the Sky +.

Do you think Russo will stick around Ian? I think he could be useful in developing characters and helping with promo's.

• Paid Members
the longest time i've just wanted TNA to be a basic pro wrestling show and hopefully this will mean exactly that.

I take it you never caught much of his SD spell then. It was about as far away from "basic pro wrestling" as you can get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_nNqFVbZ6c

BESTIALITY SEX!.

• Paid Members
Do you think Russo will stick around Ian? I think he could be useful in developing characters and helping with promo's.

Russo wanted to leave last year, but they had nobody to replace him. Lagana and Heyman were two people they wanted to replace him. They have Pritchard and Lagana now. Don't know if Russo will want to stick around. Maybe Russo will be an asset with someone to curb his ideas, like in the WWF.

the longest time i've just wanted TNA to be a basic pro wrestling show and hopefully this will mean exactly that.

I take it you never caught much of his SD spell then. It was about as far away from "basic pro wrestling" as you can get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_nNqFVbZ6c

BESTIALITY SEX!.

I don't doubt he was responsible for some shit in WWE but i'm judging him on his rant's on the podcast's.

I'm probably showing too much faith in him.

• Paid Members

Isn't that how you usually start out in TNA (at least publicly)? Didn't Bruce Pritchard get signed as a bloke who sat in the Gorilla Position and now he's one of the men in power? Surely it makes sense during these times of a creative shake up, to pair Pritchard and Lagana together.

I'm sure the pay is better than ROH, though.

Writing this on my phone so no website link. It's on a fair few of the sites now but originated from PWInsinder.

Dave Lagana is going to be a part of a new TNA Brand in India. Though, according to the article, it will be totally separate from TNA Wrestling (Impact). (I believe this is the same project Alex Shane referenced on one or two of the FWA shows last year).

This may have already been mentioned by the time I post this.

Personally speaking, whether this project carries on or not, I can't imagine Lagana being away from Impact Wrestling for too long.

Archived