Family Guy to End?

patiirc

Family Guy is better now than it has been for a while, but even then it's really watchable. Sure it's not the most sophisticated or hilarious comedy, but it's far better than South Park, The Simpsons or The Cleveland show are these days.

I really liked this week's episode of South Park. Doesn't have much bearing on the FG discussion, but since the South Park thread's died a death I thought I'd mention it here.

I've always found South Park far superior to Family Guy, and the quality of the show spread across seasons is far better than FG. These days FG is nothing more than watchable.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Family Guy is better now than it has been for a while, but even then it's really watchable. Sure it's not the most sophisticated or hilarious comedy, but it's far better than South Park, The Simpsons or The Cleveland show are these days.

But nowhere near as funny as Bob's Burgers, i've been championing that to a few people as it went by unknown due to Channel 4 playing it at stupid o'clock and most seem to agree that it's the best adult cartoon out at the moment.

Hell No! Bob's Burgers is enjoyable but the best current cartoon is

Archer-S1-900x350.jpg

Ive never really enjoyed Family Guy. I thought early seasons were hit and miss, and episodes afterwards were brutally unfunny. I'll check out a few current episodes, but I'd be gobsmacked if they were suddenly better quality than previously.

Considering the insane amount of money Seth Macfarlene must be making, and the dross he produces, he's one of the jammiest people in entertainment ever!

Family Guy is better now than it has been for a while, but even then it's really watchable. Sure it's not the most sophisticated or hilarious comedy, but it's far better than South Park

I knew there was a reason I thought TripleGay was a nob.

You only have to watch the latest episode, The Last of the Meheecans, to find that you're speaking shite. I used to detest Family Guy and although I've gotten along with it a lot more in recent times, it's still not a patch on South Park.

• Paid Members

I think Family Guy gets a bit of a harder time than it really deserves. Some of the earlier episodes are just so well written and put together, with the cutaways actually adding to the piece as opposed to just sort of being there like a lot of them seem to be in the latter series'. It really started to change once Stewie became closet gay middle-aged baby and was no longer evil toddler; the evil toddler stuff really was excellent and showed off just how destructive kids can be at that age, regardless of how over-the-top it was. Something else I really like/liked about it is Brian; he's treated like a human member of the family but you still get reminders that he is a dog through some of his actions. The Civil Rights style rip-off episode where Brian stands up for the rights of dogs is another favourite episode of mine

• Moderators

But nowhere near as funny as Bob's Burgers, i've been championing that to a few people as it went by unknown due to Channel 4 playing it at stupid o'clock and most seem to agree that it's the best adult cartoon out at the moment.

Archer-S1-900x350.jpg

Ive never really enjoyed Family Guy. I thought early seasons were hit and miss, and episodes afterwards were brutally unfunny. I'll check out a few current episodes, but I'd be gobsmacked if they were suddenly better quality than previously.

Considering the insane amount of money Seth Macfarlene must be making, and the dross he produces, he's one of the jammiest people in entertainment ever!

I really like the guy that does the voice of both Bob and Archer - H Jon Benjamin. He did Dr. Katz and Home Movies as well.. he picks his projects well and his timing is superb.

Seth is right on the money with this one, Family Guy has gone from an actual good fun wacky comedy show to an extremely bizzare comedy show that just drags on and on without a point. I'd say it's just because of the lazy writers that think they can get away with basically anything because of a large zombie-like fan base that think this series can do no wrong.

Archer-S1-900x350.jpg

venture-brothers.jpg

What, The Venture Bros. got cancelled or something?

• Paid Members

Archer-S1-900x350.jpg

I really like the guy that does the voice of both Bob and Archer - H Jon Benjamin. He did Dr. Katz and Home Movies as well.. he picks his projects well and his timing is superb.

Strangely enough I didnt think about him voicing both characters. I saw BB after Archer and the same voice annoyed me at first, but it disappeared pretty quickly. He's awesome

What, The Venture Bros. got cancelled or something?

Ive honestly never watched it. Ive neglected Adult Swim for years. I'll check it out.

• Paid Members
Ive honestly never watched it. Ive neglected Adult Swim for years. I'll check it out.

Other than Tim & Eric it's a fucking waste. Always has been.

Thats why Ive been putting it off. Seems to have a hit or miss rep, which usually means I'll hate it. Then hate myself for wasting time on it.

Venture Bros is quite different from Adult Swim's usual output - the humour is more about the characters and world rather than bizzare surrealist humour. As the season progress it actually really gets you invested in the characters and their lives/growth - ultra detailed world they've built up too. That and Archer are easily the best animated shows on at the moment and could definately have a run at some of the best comedy on TV at the moment.

Adult Swim's live output shouldn't be slept on either. Childrens Hospital is absolutely fantastic little show with a killer cast and just the most ridiculous amount of jokes packed into an episode )and some great weird/concepty type episodes). Eagleheart and NTFS:SD:SUV:: (or whatever it is) aren't too shabby either - but tend to run along one style of humour, if you like it - awesome, if you don't you won't like much of the show. And this all comes from someone who was never much of a fan of Adult Swim's stuff aside from little bits of Sealab and early Aqua Teen

Archived