Family Guy to End?

patiirc

BBC Link confiming Seth McFarlane, wished the show should have ended after series 7

I thought this may provoke some discussion and hadnt seen it listed anywhere.

Do people agree with Mr McFarlane and would rather the series go film based or do they want it to continue?

FWIW Im not overly keen, Ill watch it on BBC 3 but they appear to show the same eps over and over again to the point of tedium. Im not really bothered what happens to it either way. However, im guessing people will think differently to this.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's right - it probably should have ended a while ago. But he also goes on to say that if he has ever brought it up people go pale at the prospect. So i dont think it'll end any time soon.

The Simpsons hasn't been particularly funny either for the past few years - certainly not since the film came out at least. I actually make Mr B sky plus them and watch them after I go to bed - I hate it that much. But as long as theres an audience to hear the same jokes once a week then they'll keep making them.

• Paid Members

I'm a big fan of family guy and American Dad. I wouldn't be overly distraught though if it were to end...I mean, that's what DVD boxed sets are for. I'd rather it be funny and be cancelled rather than get as stale as the simpsons has.

• Paid Members

I wouldn't be distraught if Family Guy was to end, and judging by the sentiments of MacFarlane it seems that they're really scraping the barrel for new ideas/gags for it. I still like Family Guy and continue to buy all the new DVD's but it really isn't that funny anymore. I honestly believe it would have been one of the most highly regarded cult comedy shows if it never had been resurrected after Season 3 though.

• Paid Members

Family Guy is better now than it has been for a while, but even then it's really watchable. Sure it's not the most sophisticated or hilarious comedy, but it's far better than South Park, The Simpsons or The Cleveland show are these days.

Family Guy is better now than it has been for a while, but even then it's really watchable. Sure it's not the most sophisticated or hilarious comedy, but it's far better than South Park, The Simpsons or The Cleveland show are these days.

But nowhere near as funny as Bob's Burgers, i've been championing that to a few people as it went by unknown due to Channel 4 playing it at stupid o'clock and most seem to agree that it's the best adult cartoon out at the moment.

• Paid Members
I thought that episode was horrible. I thought the season was pretty good from that point onwards though. The Halloween episode was brilliant.

I thought Peter being in awe of the guy holding the Hollywood sign was one of the funniest things ever myself. "He did too, I saw the picture!"

• Awards Moderator

I really liked this week's episode of South Park. Doesn't have much bearing on the FG discussion, but since the South Park thread's died a death I thought I'd mention it here.

Archived