Scott Hall documentary on ESPN

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was pretty bad to watch. One of the worst parts was seeing numerous shots of his son crying about him, and then discovering that he himself has entered the very same business that destroyed his dad. Sort of similar to DH Smith getting busted for the Wellness Policy after everything that happened to his dad.

Bischoff came across as a good wrestling advocate on this show, standing up for wrestling in a similar as Chris Jericho did around the time of Benoit's death. Ofcourse we still see guys getting suspended frequently but the impression that the mainstream wrestling world gives these days is that of a highly monitored environment with athletes living healthy lifestyles.

• Paid Members

That was horrific. I just pray that Cody doesn't go down the same road. Waltman looked like an older version of Verne Troyer. I'm shocked that the WWE have payed more money on Scott, than Jake Roberts quite honestly.

and then discovering that he himself has entered the very same business that destroyed his dad.

I thought it's been made quite clear, both by this documentary, and by Hall himself, that it's not wrestling that had led him to this reduced state! As much damage as "da biz" can do, it's not responsible for everything bad in every wrestlers' lives.

• Moderators

From JBL's site.

SCOTT HALL TRAGIC TWIST AFTER DOCUMENTARY HAPPY ENDING

AUTHOR: TMZ

ShareThis

October 20th 2011 - WWE legend Scott Hall's emotional reunion with his estranged son at the end of ESPN's documentary about the wrestler was short-lived -- sources tell TMZ, Scott's drug problems have once again forced the two apart.

In case you missed it, ESPN aired a heartfelt documentary about Scott Hall last night -- chronicling the wrestler's drug-fueled fall from grace -- in which Scott and his son Cody poignantly reunited after not speaking for years.

The documentary ended on a promising note (below) -- with the father-son duo working together to launch Cody's wrestling career.

But Scott's ex-wife Dana tells TMZ, the reunion in May barely lasted a month -- and once again, the two are no longer on speaking terms.

We're told Cody gave up on his dad due to "constant verbal abuse from Scott while he was binging" -- and he soon moved back home with his mom.

Dana tells us, Cody simply felt it was "too hard seeing his dad in that kind of state." We're told Cody has no current plans to continue wrestling. Scott's rep had no comment.

That's really gutting.

That was grim. I was probably kidding myself on in the early-mid 00's when i kept thinking he'd straighten himself out and that he'd be clean and make some form of comeback then it was just one relapse after another. It's not a million miles away from Gazza in that respect and in a similar vain they seem to have aged something awful in the past 2-3 years.

Going to watch this soon, but the only thing I can think of, based on the write ups, is "Don't cry for me...I'm already dead".

And that makes me think football in the groin

• Paid Members
Going to watch this soon, but the only thing I can think of, based on the write ups, is "Don't cry for me...I'm already dead".

Sums it up to a tee.

I feel bad for him but he chose to do all those things while the people around him stopped HBK, Nash ect even pac has his life in order now.

Archived