wwe.com forgettable-wcw-competitors

xear

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought 3 Count was an excellent gimmick, in much the same way the Spirit Squad was. What's your stereotypical metal-loving wrestling fan going to hate more than a boy band? The stuff with Tank Abbott was ace too.

But yeah, as far as 'forgettable' goes, the fact that I can remember most of those clearly ten years on just by looking at a picture of them suggests it's bullshit. I wonder if, ten years from now, many of us will be able to say the same about people like David Otunga, Heath Slater, or many other of the generic no-names they've given abortive pushes to in the last several years?

• Paid Members

Is it Joey Styles behind this shit? If so I imagine the list of shitarse ECW characters could double this bollocks.

I amazed they didn't included Ernest Miller on the fact that he was in an oscar nommed movie... and for being good. I mean ALEX WRIGHT for fucks sake, what was wrong with Alex Wright.

Another Alex Wright fan (the dancing nazi!)

& Ralphus too, get fucked whoever wrote that, love his gormless grin & the spinal tap stuff they did with Jericho.

Pepe was great too, Norman Smiley throwing him in the old wood chipper was classic tv!

WWE's own round-ups of stuff like this are always bullshit. I remember their best ever manager list which didn't have somebody like Slick in there. Their top gimmicky characters and top theme tunes were also rubbish. I didn't watch much WCW when it was around but hell I know all of the guys on that list. Worse yet, I want Disco Inferno, Kwee Wee and Mike Sanders to invade today's WWE and pretend they're still in the Attitude era trying to hide from the nWo and Goldberg.

I seem to recall that "Manager" list didn't have Johnny Polo on it.

I was mildly miffed at that.

• Paid Members

What a load of bollocks. I've rewatched a load of Nitros recentl and there's barely anyone I forgot. Maybe Super Calo. But I get reminded all the time of a load of WWE guys from the last five years that I had forgotten existed - the Dicks, the Gymini, the Heart Throbs, Mordecai, that Escobar fella, I could go on. Quite often I forget Rosa Mendes who's active NOW until she shows up on Raw standing on the apron during a 30-second 14-woman tag.

• Paid Members
What a load of bollocks. I've rewatched a load of Nitros recentl and there's barely anyone I forgot. Maybe Super Calo. But I get reminded all the time of a load of WWE guys from the last five years that I had forgotten existed - the Dicks, the Gymini, the Heart Throbs, Mordecai, that Escobar fella, I could go on. Quite often I forget Rosa Mendes who's active NOW until she shows up on Raw standing on the apron during a 30-second 14-woman tag.

I thought 3 Count was an excellent gimmick, in much the same way the Spirit Squad was. What's your stereotypical metal-loving wrestling fan going to hate more than a boy band? The stuff with Tank Abbott was ace too.

But yeah, as far as 'forgettable' goes, the fact that I can remember most of those clearly ten years on just by looking at a picture of them suggests it's bullshit. I wonder if, ten years from now, many of us will be able to say the same about people like David Otunga, Heath Slater, or many other of the generic no-names they've given abortive pushes to in the last several years?

So true, this list is bullshit, MIA weren't the best but for a bunch of midcarders it was better than what WWE are giving anyone at the moment, Alex Wright was class, he was my first favourite wrestler - fact

3 Count were wicked too, Insane Clown Posse vs 3 count as a random match on Nitro? Yes please, you don't see that in WWE.

I missed Glacier debuting but saw all of the build up and always wondered why it didn't work. Having now seen him in action I'm even less sure.

Anyone want to fill me in?

mood lighting during matches never worked then

Archived