wwe.com forgettable-wcw-competitors

xear

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Alex Wright? Darsow (Especially as Hole in One/Pain Stewart)? 3 Count? Evad? Ed Leslie? The Demon? Glacier? Kwee Wee? GI Bro? Lash? Lenny and Lodi? Norman the Lunatic? Ralphus? Van Hammer? DISQO?

What a bunch of fucking shit. If it was full of people like Doc Dean, Mike Tolbert, Chip Minton, The Frog and Frankie Lancaster then fair enough, but DISCO INFERNO?

• Paid Members
Alex Wright? Glacier?

I've just got up to the stage in WCW where Glacier finally debuts, but I only watch Nitro so all I've seen of him so far is his entrance, and of course Big Bubba never seeming best pleased with him when it's promo time, and none of his in-ring work, but the vignettes and all that do seem pretty fucking lame. I'm with you on Mr Wright though; he's a glorious man

• Moderators

Yeah, but you can't really say Glacier is forgettable. Especially if you were watching it at the time with the 10000000000000000000000 Blood Runs Cold vignettes and his massive push at first.

Shit, yes. Forgettable, no.

WWE's own round-ups of stuff like this are always bullshit. I remember their best ever manager list which didn't have somebody like Slick in there. Their top gimmicky characters and top theme tunes were also rubbish. I didn't watch much WCW when it was around but hell I know all of the guys on that list. Worse yet, I want Disco Inferno, Kwee Wee and Mike Sanders to invade today's WWE and pretend they're still in the Attitude era trying to hide from the nWo and Goldberg.

• Paid Members
Yeah, but you can't really say Glacier is forgettable. Especially if you were watching it at the time with the 10000000000000000000000 Blood Runs Cold vignettes and his massive push at first.

Shit, yes. Forgettable, no.

Good point, although the article does seem to equate forgettable with being a bit shit. It's always surprised me that there wasn't a bigger cross-over of lower card talent between WWF and WCW; someone like Alex Wright would have fitted well, and of course Ice Train; a nice little feud between him and Godfather would have been nice. The Ice Train vs The Ho Train :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Alex Wright was really good. Not his fault he was over 6'0" and they stuck him in the cruiserweight position. He should have been in the Regal, Finlay TV title position. Early on Wright had some cracking matches. Its easy to laugh at Alex Wright now because of his silly techno gimmick, but he delivered the goods a few times in the ring. None of Brutus' gimmicks were forgettable. Not exactly a massive compliment, but will anyone ever forget the Zodiac? YES? NO? YES? NO?

Hole In One Darsow had potential. Actually looking at this list, it looks like Joey Styles LOLing at some old WCW wrestlers. Crowbar is disliked by a lot of ECW people, so he's on the list. Alex Wright is an ironic hate figure from the 90s, so thats up his street. Disco was a WCW office boy, so he's hated by a few people inside WWE. Just another opportunity to pot shot WCW.

• Paid Members

It was a shame Berlyn never worked out because I thought he had a cracking look as that character. I wouldn't say many of those are forgettable, plus some of them are unfairly listed as they were never around long enough or on telly enough to BE forgotten.

3 Count as lovingly shit as they were weren't forgettable. At least it was fun to watch and they gave life to the cruiserweight division again.

Kwee Wee was fun, I don't think he really had much time. Also Crowbar had some really entertaining stuff too.

How dare they insult Van Hammer and Alex Wright though. Dicks.

and Lash LeRoux! He was class. They could have put any of the Luchadoresbar La Parka and that would be alright.

Archived