ios5 Problems

G-Unit

Apologises if I have started a topic which already exsists. I have a problem in the fact that I have lost all of my photos from my iphone after updating it with the new ios 5 software. Has anyone else had this problem? Presumably whenever you sync your phone the data must be saved somewhere so may just be a case of finding out where. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Apologises if I have started a topic which already exsists. I have a problem in the fact that I have lost all of my photos from my iphone after updating it with the new ios 5 software. Has anyone else had this problem? Presumably whenever you sync your phone the data must be saved somewhere so may just be a case of finding out where. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Question. Have you jailbroken your phone. If so can you go to the modem firmware and whats firmware your in its something like 06:15:00 or something like that you will have serious issues updating your iphone.

Cant wait to get onto IOS5

• Paid Members

Everybody is having problems. I started my update at 6:40pm and I'm still going. Numerous install failures, then wiping my phone completely and crashing at restore and I've only just managed to restore it, with iOS5 on it however my apps are all playing up.

I could be here for a while.

• Paid Members
Not home til next week do won't be able to install this til then. I've read a little about the updates but the info I had didn't go into much detail. Can someone run through the changes for me please?

Notification centre is the main one, all push notifications, texts, missed calls, etc will now show in here, along with calendar entries, weather and an annoying stock ticker that I haven't worked out how to turn off yet.

Also, over the air updates and back-up to iCloud mean you potentially never have to connect your phone to a computer ever again.

Other than that, the biggest thing for me is being able to go straight into the camera from the lock screen and use the volume up button as a physical button to take photos.

There's some other updates to the camera and photo app that are supposed to produce better photos and you can now crop without needing a third party app.

It also automatically recognises other iOS5 users and all SMS now goes through iMessage instead of by text. Imagine something like BBM but for iPhone, unlimited text and photo messaging with other iDevice users. You also get delivery and read receipts with this and the conversation markers (and the send button) are blue instead of green.

There's been a ton of other less exciting updates, like the fact you can now tweet from just about everything, but on the whole it's pretty damn good.

Mine was comparatively painfree, didn't experience any of the problems other people have, just clicked update and waited.

• Paid Members
Not home til next week do won't be able to install this til then. I've read a little about the updates but the info I had didn't go into much detail. Can someone run through the changes for me please?

Notification centre is the main one, all push notifications, texts, missed calls, etc will now show in here, along with calendar entries, weather and an annoying stock ticker that I haven't worked out how to turn off yet.

Also, over the air updates and back-up to iCloud mean you potentially never have to connect your phone to a computer ever again.

Other than that, the biggest thing for me is being able to go straight into the camera from the lock screen and use the volume up button as a physical button to take photos.

There's some other updates to the camera and photo app that are supposed to produce better photos and you can now crop without needing a third party app.

It also automatically recognises other iOS5 users and all SMS now goes through iMessage instead of by text. Imagine something like BBM but for iPhone, unlimited text and photo messaging with other iDevice users. You also get delivery and read receipts with this and the conversation markers (and the send button) are blue instead of green.

There's been a ton of other less exciting updates, like the fact you can now tweet from just about everything, but on the whole it's pretty damn good.

Mine was comparatively painfree, didn't experience any of the problems other people have, just clicked update and waited.

Much appreciated!

• Paid Members

Yeah I waited until this morning to do mine as I thought it might get a bit busy, completed our 2 iPads in an hour and Im just about to do the iPhone. The iCloud is a bit pricey though.

• Paid Members

Also forgot to say mine is a 3GS and a lot of the people who were having problems as severe as I was also had 3GSs.

Since installing my phone is a hell of a lot faster! Really impressed with it and it's so much more responsive.

• Paid Members

Right, there appears to be some sort of problem with my contacts in that it's not labelling text messages with a name, even old ones, just the phone number. All my contacts are still on the phone so... Yeah, I don't know.

That newsstand thing is pretty useless IMO, fine on an iPad but not reading magazines on an iPhones little arse screen.

Plus I cant stick it in my utilities folder (calculator etc)

What with this and the totally shitty Facebook update it's been a pain

Archived