WWE Smackdown Spoilers

TildeGuy~!

Dark Match:

* Brodus Clay defeated another local wrestler in a squash.

* Shawn Michaels and Triple H reunited as DX for an off-camera appearance and teased a future WrestleMania for Cowboys Stadium.

SmackDown:

* Teddy Long opened this week

A 41 man battle royal?! I can't help but think there's an error there, even though I've seen it on two different reports.

Its 41 because that makes it the WWE's biggest ever Battle Royal. Previously 40.

A 41 man battle royal?! I can't help but think there's an error there, even though I've seen it on two different reports.

Its 41 because that makes it the WWE's biggest ever Battle Royal. Previously 40.

But what I find hard to believe is that they actually managed to fit 41 men in the ring. They usually only do 15-man battle royals and the ring is jam packed even then.

They've done a few 40 men battle royals. Some of them can be seen on Coliseum Video.

I used to have a tape called "Wham Bam Bodyslam" which i'm sure had a forty man Battle Royal on it from 1994 I think. Backlund won it. Used to love that tape :)

• Paid Members
Great job they did building up this Smackdown. Ratings are going up and up and you dont even mention that Micheals will be there..

FFS

They didn't advertise it as it's unaired segment. Why it's unaired is another matter though.

• Paid Members
I used to have a tape called "Wham Bam Bodyslam" which i'm sure had a forty man Battle Royal on it from 1994 I think. Backlund won it. Used to love that tape :)

It was a good one. There were a couple of other decent tapes released at the same time, Mega Matches 95 and Brawl In The Family which featured the famed Hitman/Kid match from a July '94 Raw.

Fans of the 40-Man battle royal will also find one each on IIRC Bashed In The USA and US Rampage 92. The rosters used are similar but not identical, Tatanka winning one and Davey Boy winning the other.

Archived