forgotten wireless router password

alex1

need a little help please, have a wireless router for my laptop, had this all set up by a PC tech guy from PC World(cos im crap with anything techy). Now have a IPOD i need to sync to my router but i cannot remember the password as it was a couple of years ago i set this set this up. Any way around this?Thanks

Go to your router's configuration page by entering 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of your Internet browser. It'll ask for a username and password (normally admin for both), once there, either run through the setup wizard, make sure not to save any changes OR find a section relating to wireless settings, should be in there.

• Paid Members
Go to your router's configuration page by entering 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of your Internet browser. It'll ask for a username and password (normally admin for both), once there, either run through the setup wizard, make sure not to save any changes OR find a section relating to wireless settings, should be in there.

My router is 192.168.0.1. Have a look on the bottom, it will have an IP address for access and then a username and password. Then as the man says, find the wireless section and you should see the wirless key you have set up.

Archived