Your mundane dream matches.

Forrest

Dream matches threads are ten a penny, so this one is a bit different. This isn't about big draws or anything like that, this is about the matches you would really liked to have seen, that aren't going to set the world alight with hype or main event PPVs, but are simply matches between people you think would've been good, matches that are a bit too... small-fry to really be called "dream matches". For example... I would have really liked to have seen William Regal take on D'lo Brown for the European title. It's not glamourous, but those two were the mainstays of the European title scene during the Attitude era and I don't recall them ever facing each other for the title. The other reason for this thread is that it might turn out that match you really wanted to see actually might have happened on a non-descript TV taping.Begin underwhelming!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent idea this, I always kinda wanted to see Raven vs. Jeff Hardy, more as a proper feud than just a standalone match like but it can go in here.Regal against mick foley was a match I wanted to see too, commish vs commish type deal.

• Paid Members

I used to get flamed for my then-desire to see Shelton Benjamin vs Elix Skipper. In hindsight, more than fair.

Branielson vs Chris Jericho was a "dream match" for me, and even though the presentation of the 5 minute "best in the world former World Champion vs utter nobody" exhibition on NXT was enjoyable, it wasn't quite what I had in mind.

• Paid Members

It would have to be a fatal four way "pie on a pole" match.Big Daddy V Giant Haystacks V The Big Show V Yokozuna

But surely it'd be better to have some skinny indy guys, who are desperately in need of a pie? I'd suggest giving those guys a photograph of their penis on a pole match.

Archived