FIRE RUSSO! + Hogan/Bischoff renew contracts

ajmcstyles

ProWrestling.net is reporting that TNA Wrestling has removed Vince Russo as the head creative team writer, and has replaced him with former WWE name Bruce Prichard. Russo is still with TNA, however, as he is considered the senior writer of TV, and continues to write the shows along with Matt Conway. Prichard, who is also involved in Talent Relations in TNA, has been rumored for the past several months to be taking over Russo's role, and the move became official this week. The move has not gone without criticism though, as it's being said there is concern in the back with Prichard being given this much power so early on in his run with TNA, especially since he was known for playing political games during his run in WWE.

Also Hogan and Bischoff have renewed there contracts with TNA both contracts were set to expire on 10/10/2011To quote Hawk here "WELL"Discuss...

I'm sceptical until Meltzer confirms. Russo has been wanting out for over a year, just odd to do it a few weeks away from the big 'season end' show.Wrestling needs new ideas though, so who knows maybe Pritchard will turn into a new Russo.

Meltzer has said:

Prowrestling.net reported that Bruce Prichard was given the position as head of creative in TNA which we've since confirmed. Vince Russo will still write the TV but Prichard will set the direction he wants the angles to go in. This has actually been the big picture case unofficially for some time now. Prichard has been getting more and more influence of late and the angles, or at least some of them, have shown a lot of improvement.

• Paid Members

Who can give a bit of info on Pritchard's writing, i.e. which ideas over the years were his? I know he's been in WWE forever and mostly writing for SD, does anyone know which storylines were his (or rumoured to have been)?

Prichard was around during the Hogan era in WWF as Brother Love and has been part of backstage dealing for the WWF/E for years, but this is a whole new level of responsibility, good luck to him.

Well lets face facts he cant do any worse than Russo has done of late.

After reading reports that there has been a notable upturn in Impact's quality the last few weeks I thought I'd check it out again.The pace has slowed, characters are being pushed in traditional and an easy to understand and get behind manner. Also, Bobby Roode is the TNA home grown talent getting the best 'honest' push (without the games played with Styles etc.) in the company's history.If this is a direct result of Prichard's input, then more power to him.

• Paid Members

After reading reports that there has been a notable upturn in Impact's quality the last few weeks I thought I'd check it out again.The pace has slowed, characters are being pushed in traditional and an easy to understand and get behind manner. Also, Bobby Roode is the TNA home grown talent getting the best 'honest' push (without the games played with Styles etc.) in the company's history.If this is a direct result of Prichard's input, then more power to him.

Funnily enough, I was going to ask if Russo was still the booker after last weeks show. I didn't because I thought it was a silly comment.

I know nothing about Bruce Prichard but Russo not being in control and forcing his swerve turns and nonsensical booking at us in every single match is surely a good thing. To be honest, I'm actually surprised he lasted so long after Hogan & Bischoff arrived, given his public fed with Hogan in the past.Shame Hogan & Bischoff's contracts were renewed but I guess getting shot of them is too much to hope for just now.

Archived