UKFF Fantasy Booking Cup

Fatty Facesitter

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I tried to post a thumbs up earlier and it didnt work. Since then Dirty Eddie has stole my JC giving it the biggun! I'm in if the cheap way is allowed...if not then next thumb wins!

Oh go on then, I'll let it slide. ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSEDWe've got our final 32. See the bottom of the opening post for the full list on entrants. The draw will commence on Monday and we'll get cracking with the matches. I'll go into more detail later, but here's a rough breakdown of how it'll pan out;Each match will have a different booking challenge/scenario. No two matches will ever feature the same initial task of sorts, but if similar ideas crop up then that's fine. Say for instance in one scenario you bring back Brock Lesnar (i.e bringing him into a stable or something) but then there's actually a task that involves bringing him back to the WWE, that's all good, if that makes sense. I'll explain better tomorrow. For now, I want to say thanks to all 32 people who've shown an initial interest in this. Hopefully you stick with it. So for the next day and a bit, the floor is open to you guys. I've already got a shitload of ideas for scenarios for y'all to book, but if you have any particular ideas you want tossed into the hat with the rest of the bunch, then I'll give it a look and see what I can do. I'll spend the next day or two sorting out a small panel who will effectively judge the booking proceedings and we'll get everything arranged from there.

• Paid Members

THE DRAW

1st Round Matches. To take place week beginning 10/10/11

NEWM vs Dearly Devoted Dexter

majik vs Charles Goodwill

ButchReedMark vs Louch

Dirty Eddie vs Sheffbag

IanHitmanhart vs Sean Jolly

TheBigBoot vs 7_inch_M_4 _U

Slapnut vs TheBlackVinnyMac

CleetusVanDamme vs Inspector Paul Solo

Adorable Adrian vs Scott2k16

BenoitisInnocent vs omgmarc

vince russo vs Forrest

AJS269 vs Jesster

Cobra Gordo vs Fox Piss

Duke vs Stunstone316

SpotlightMagnet1 vs Ricky Slatter

Nexus vs mim731

Butch just missing out on Dexter there :( The scenarios for each of these matches will be released shortly, as well as a couple of other bits and pieces about the competition. We'll be up and running anytime now.

• Paid Members

Here are the scenarios for each of your booking challenges, a little about them and what you should aim to achieve to win your contest. Some are pretty self explanatory from the titles, but keep an eye out in case there's a guideline for you, i.e something you need to accomplish in your write-ups (i.e, there might a heel turn required, an event to book, etc).

Once you've got your match and scenario down, lets get this show on the road. Start your posts like THIS:

Your Match:

Your Scenario:

Then your booking idea:

Add AT LEAST ONE PICTURE to your post. Just to spice it up a bit and give people a break from walls of text.

It's dead simple. Refer to the first post for rules and whatnot. Remember, don't go over 500 words.

NEWM vs Dexter

Brock-Lesnar-with-Title-Belt.jpg

Brock Lesnar, 2004.

Step back to 2004 and pretend that Brock Lesnar actually resigned with the WWE after his NFL tryouts backfired on him. The top of the WWE card underwent a bit of a transition after this, with JBL ultimately becomming the top heel and Cena and Batista were gradually gaining more and more momentum. What would've gone down had he stayed put in the company?

Book his path to Wrestlemania 21 after a return date of your choosing from that time period.

Majik vs Charles Goodwill

ecw.jpg

ECW 2006 Revisited

Synopsis: After One Night Stand 2006, a relatively strong old school ECW type show which seemed more like the old school presentation, it generally took a nosedive and became WWE’s C-show for people who had nothing better to do, save for one or two bright spots. Here, your task is to go back to 2006 and the first ECW show after the One Night Stand PPV.

Book from that show to the December to Dismember PPV in 500 words.

Make it better than what actually took place.

ButchReedMark vs Louch

Mark-Henry-psd35232.png

Mizark's road to 'Mania.

Mark Henry's cooking up a storm right now, forging a dominant path to his first World Heavyweight title after over a decade of loyal service to the WWE cause. What's in store for him on the road to Miami?

Book Henry's path to Wrestlemania from now until the PPV.

Decide what happens to him with regards to the World title.

Decide his Wrestlemania opponent and feud.

Dirty Eddie vs Sheffbag

zack-ryder-is-internet-champion_crop_340x234.jpg

Zack Ryder’s road to Wrestlemania

Self-explanatory, capitalise on Zack Ryder's recent popularity and get him a decent Wrestlemania program.

Must include at least ONE Internet Championship defence.

Extra plaudits will be awarded for expanding his character and putting him over in a convincing manner.

IanHitmanHart vs Sean Jolly

6639.jpg

One More Round: Austin returns.

Whether this would happen in real life or not, who knows, but hyp[othetically lets say Austin decides to lace up the boots for one more run and for a more fitting send-off than effectively retireing through injury back 2003. Book Steve Austin’s WWE return and his resulting Wrestlemania programme.

Pick any member of the current WWE roster of your choosing to be his opponent and subject of the feud.

TheBigBoot vs 7_inch_M_4_U

tna-impact-wrestling.jpg

TNA’s future.

With Russo off of the booking team, it looks like we might be seeing some changes in the storylines and whatnot soon. Here, your task is to book the next 6-months of TNA television with specific goals. They are;

Build TWO new Main Event stars.

Bring in ONE new signing not already under contract.

Fire FIVE members currently under contract.

Slapnut vs BlackVinnyMac

3774245392_d3071d8a16.jpg

AJ Styles arrives in WWE.

After practically a decade of loyal service to TNA, AJ Styles has finally decided to take the plunge and sign a WWE contract. It's often been wondered how he'd actually get on in the WWE, so just how would he fare up North?

Book his debut.

Book his first three months in the company, starting at any point in the future of your choosing.

CleetusVanDamme vs Inspector Paul Solo

30490277cl7.jpg

Orton's hot streak.

Orton had some mega heat after punting Vince in the skull and winning the Royal Rumble back in 2009. But then he got attacked by Shane McMahon and was made to look a bit of a sissy, culminating in a horrid little match with HHH at ‘Mania where he was mad to look like a chump. Here, you'll head back to the night after the Royal Rumble and make Orton party like it's 2009.

Re-book his road to Wrestlemania 25 from the night after the 2009 Royal Rumble to the resulting main event.

Must NOT include a beatdown from Shane McMahon.

Sustain his heat throughout the road to 'Mania.

Adorable Adrian vs Scott2k16

31597525.gif

UKFF Superstar

Take a member of the UKFF and create a fictional wrestling character version of them. Debut them in a promotion of your choosing.

Book their first month of their tenure in your chosen organization.

BenoitisInnocent vs omgmarc

Rockers%20Split.jpg

Oooh, you tease!

Tag a tag team of your choosing from any point in history and successfully book a compelling split between the two superstars, complete with teasing and the eventual parting of ways.

Extra points for how well the angle is drawn out and ultimately paid off.

Tension, Drama required here, don't just blow it off in one night. You dig?

vince russo vs Forrest

kiss_kt2.jpg

Love Triangle.

Love triangles in wrestling are a bit hit and miss. A good example of a decent one is the HHH/Kurt Angle/Steph triangle from the summer of 2000.

Take a WWE diva and any two WWE superstars.

Successfully and compellingly book a juicy Love Triangle angle betwixt the three of them.

AJS269 vs Jesster

KoTR_Logo.jpg

King Of The Ring 2011

Synopsis:

A good tournament makes for good television more often than not, and some famous wrestling folk have gone on to do quite well for themselves after competeting in this one. Book a King of The Ring tournament featuring 8 superstars who've never held the WWE or World Heavyweight titles. Book the entire tourne proceedings including;

Each match of the tourne right up to the final.

The winner of the trophy/throne,

Their resulting WWE/World title match as per the stipulation for them winning the comp.

Cobra Gordo vs Fox Piss

mark_magnus2.jpg

Muhammad Hassan comes back from the dead.

Forgive the cheesy title. Hassan was generating some decent heat back in 2005 and were it not for an ill-timed angle with Undertaker later in the year, he may have gone on to do quite well for himself. Rumour has it they were even thinking of putting him in a program with Austin. Here, re-book his destiny by reviving the character after Undertaker’s attack and book what happens next for him.

Start from any point after the Great American Bash PPV.

Culminate his return by booking up to Wrestlemania 22.

Duke vs Stunstone316

hhhbig2.jpg

HHH C.O.O

The HHH/COO saga has been dominating WWE TV recently. It's drawing a mixed response, but most agree that there's a reasonable amount of potentual in the angle. Here's your chance to play it out however which way you want to. Resolve the conflict with Triple H as WWE’s COO by paying off the angle however you see fit.

End the storyline either by removing him from COO duties, or have him step down from in-ring competition, or take him off of television.

SpotlightMagnet1 vs Ricky Slatter

briscoes_bros.jpg

Briscoe's depart RoH

In this hypothetical, yet entirely plausible scenario, The Briscoe’s of RoH fame have signed a fat, big money WWE contract and thus will leave their current promotion. Book their last actions in the company and send them off in style with a thumping angle like many of their forebearers such as CM Punk and Tyler Black.

Book the last three months of the Briscoe's RoH careers.

Nexus vs mim731

WWE-Tag-Team-Championship_display_image1.jpg

Tag Team Revival

Tag Teams used to be a pretty big deal. These days, not so much in some quarters. In WWE in particular, the tag ‘division’ has really stagnated. Here, your task is relay the foundations for future tag team terrificness. Your goals are as follows;

Create four NEW tag teams.

Create at least one team consisting of two singles stars under WWE contract

Bring in at least one tag team from outside of WWE (either a team, or two singles stars brought in to be a tag team)

Must include MATCHING TIGHTS FOR AT LEAST ONE TEAM.

HAVE AT IT.

• Paid Members
Really looking forward to reading some of these - hope the tournament is able to continue right to the end. Well done Nicko for organising the thing!

Great idea's there Nicko! Can't wait to read up on these.

:love: Glad they were well recieved. I've saved a few other storyline scenarios for the later rounds. Suffice to say I thought these were the best ones to get started with. There's nothing overly complex anywhere but I'm pretty sure most of them will at least for the basis of some good writing, without the poster in question having to scramble their brain for hours on end to think of something.

Do we post them in this thread or do we PM you with them?

Get 'em in here for the viewing public!

What's the time scale/deadline on this Mr. Loco?

I'm going to play it by ear basically, but ideally the sooner the better so we can keep this thing rolling. If it seems to dawdle a bit, then I'll get you all to get your skates on.

King of the Ring 2011

So the way I see it, bringing back the King of the Ring would be a great way to bring back some returning wrestlers, or even push some new ones. My quarter finals would be held on the normal tv shows and would look like this:

Quarters:

Skip Sheffield vs. Zach Ryder (Sheffield returns from injury and knocks out the Internet Champion in a decent squash, looks like a beast. Sheffield advances)

Regal vs. Goldust (Solid contest that we've all seen before and I'd love to see again. Regal advances)

Mason Ryan vs. Evan Bourne (Welshman looks like a monster again, dominates to begin with but Bourne gets in some sexy offense to pop the crowd, and wins with the SSP. Bourne advances)

Cody Rhodes vs. Bobby Roode (Before the KOTR, Smackdown would've been plastered with tons of video packages for Bobby, really putting him over, even if it meant buying the vids from TNA. Cody should be a decent opponent, and a win over the IC Champ would be a good introduction for a top star like him. Roode advances)

Semi-finals and Finals to be held on the same night, this time on PPV.

Semis:

Regal vs. Roode (Again, should be a really solid contest, Roode up against an established heel who's always been able to step it up a gear when he needs to. Roode advances)

Bourne vs. Sheffield (Sheffield looks like a monster again, and nails the small chap with a massive lariat. Bourne possibly pronounced dead before the finals (Depends on age rating of show). Sheffield advances)

Final then is obviously Bobby Roode vs Skip Sheffield, top contest between the two. Bobby gets set up as the sympathetic hardworkign wrestler; beating a veteran and an Intercontinental champ on his way here, whereas Sheffield got an easier route with a spiky-haired joke and a smaller chap. Roode kicks out of the lariat that may or may not have killed Evan Bourne earlier, and goes on to win the KOTR. Love a good face win to close off a show.

Roode as KOTR then goes on to the Royal Rumble to be in the main event against Mark Henry for yet another cracking match that sees him emerge as the Champ and head towards 'Mania. (Future booking: Henry kills Daniel Bryan for the MITB briefcase and goes on to get his rematch in the semi-main at Mania.)

Your Match: Vs. Ricky Slatter

Your scenario: Briscoes depart ROH

Booking idea:

Briscoes face WGTT at the TV tapings or at a big house show like Chicago. The Briscoes hit them with most of their big moves. But WGTT keep getting up and win the match. After the match, Jay takes the mic and talks about having done everything in ROH and how they accomplished their dream of taking ROH and tag team wrestling and making it matter again. Mark concludes that the time is right to take the money if they can

Archived