Ex-Apple CEO Steve Jobs Dies

Stephanie

• Paid Members

It's always a shame to hear of anyone dying quite young, so you have to feel for his family. The over-reactions have begun though;

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg said that "America lost a genius who will be remembered with Edison and Einstein."

also from aintitcool.com

I couldn't help but be sad. On twitter I joked that he was gonna run for President. I can't even imagine how perfectly he would have shaped this country.

easy!Apple are sick though.

It's always a shame to hear of anyone dying quite young, so you have to feel for his family. The over-reactions have begun though;

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg said that "America lost a genius who will be remembered with Edison and Einstein."

It's not that hyperbolic. It's not so easy to see from the inside, but we've been living through the greatest age of technological change since the enlightenment, and he's one of the most influential figures in all this.

It's not that hyperbolic. It's not so easy to see from the inside, but we've been living through the greatest age of technological change since the enlightenment, and he's one of the most influential figures in all this.
Yep, this is something i've been thinking for a while now. As you say when you're in it you don't see so it easily but going from people buying a CD which holds 10 songs to something as small holding pretty much unlimited songs seemingly in the blink of an eye, especially in history terms is crazy. That's just one example of many that there are in the last 15-20 years.

• Paid Members

I'm the first to admit to being a bit of a geek and a fan of Apple products, but there is an element of cultism about this:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15195444

That's a bit mental, isn't it?
Its all gone a bit 'Princess Di' hasn't it
There's no life sized figure of ET there yet.
Not a life sized figure of E.T, but a life sized inflatable model of ALF!Its a shame Khemical is suspended. He would mention Apple almost as much as he mentions being a web developer, and therefore would probably have written an embarrassing over the top tribute. :angry:

Archived